Foreign teachers no longer required to do an education course

decline

To qualify for obtaining a license to practice teaching profession, amounting to 420 hours in 7 modules, namely 1. Changing the context of the world, society and the concept of the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy 2. developmental psychology educational psychology and counseling psychology to analyze and develop learners according to their potential. 3. Contents of subjects taught, curriculum, teaching science, and digital technology in learning management. 4. Measurement, evaluation of learning outcomes. and research for problem solving and student development 5. Use of Thai language English for Communication and using digital technology for education 6. Design and implementation of educational quality assurance and 7. Teacher spirit and professional ethics. These 7 modules answer the question of being a teacher that will there be any standards It also helps solve the teacher shortage problem in private and vocational schools. design and implementation of educational quality assurance; and 7. teacher's spirit and professional ethics. will there be any standards It also helps solve the teacher shortage problem in private and vocational schools. design and implementation of educational quality assurance; and 7. teacher's spirit and professional ethics. will there be any standards It also helps solve the teacher shortage problem in private and vocational schools.... สามารถติดตามต่อได้ที่ : https://www.dailynews.co.th/news/2024364/

Increasing the stagnant salary would help the teacher shortage.

• Like 2

I've taught here for 3 years in a private school.  I wouldn't teach in a public school.  The wages suck and there are other countries where the requirements are less of a hassle and the money is significantly better.  Teaching in a private school was more like a hobby where I could make 40K a month.  Thai public schools.  <head shake>

10 hours ago, connda said:

I've taught here for 3 years in a private school.  I wouldn't teach in a public school.  The wages suck and there are other countries where the requirements are less of a hassle and the money is significantly better.  Teaching in a private school was more like a hobby where I could make 40K a month.  Thai public schools.  <head shake>

The salary difference between private and public is not as clear cut you make out.

I've known public school salaries easily above the 40k salary you quote.

Edited by puchooay
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, stubuzz said:

To qualify for obtaining a license to practice teaching profession, amounting to 420 hours in 7 modules, namely 1. Changing the context of the world, society and the concept of the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy 2. developmental psychology educational psychology and counseling psychology to analyze and develop learners according to their potential. 3. Contents of subjects taught, curriculum, teaching science, and digital technology in learning management. 4. Measurement, evaluation of learning outcomes. and research for problem solving and student development 5. Use of Thai language English for Communication and using digital technology for education 6. Design and implementation of educational quality assurance and 7. Teacher spirit and professional ethics. These 7 modules answer the question of being a teacher that will there be any standards It also helps solve the teacher shortage problem in private and vocational schools. design and implementation of educational quality assurance; and 7. teacher's spirit and professional ethics. will there be any standards It also helps solve the teacher shortage problem in private and vocational schools. design and implementation of educational quality assurance; and 7. teacher's spirit and professional ethics. will there be any standards It also helps solve the teacher shortage problem in private and vocational schools.... สามารถติดตามต่อได้ที่ : https://www.dailynews.co.th/news/2024364/

Increasing the stagnant salary would help the teacher shortage.

While this is good news for many teachers, before celebrating too much I would like to see more information about these 7 modules...  Who is going to teach them?  How much will they cost and where will classes be held?  Will those of us who already have Teaching Licenses be grandfathered into the system or will we be bumped down to the 2 year P class license?

It sounds like the KSP decided to muscle in on the Philippine Diploma/PGCEi action and substitute their own equivalent courses.

Edited by Callmeishmael
  • Like 1

5 months after I started the process, I have succeeded in renewing my Thai Teaching License.  I was going to post some helpful hints about how to do the process, but since the entire process seems to be changing, I don't think that will be particularly useful.  I haven't received my card and printed license from the KSP yet, but I have printed out a copy from their website.  It is for the full five years, so I will be able to teach unit 2028.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

5 months after I started the process, I have succeeded in renewing my Thai Teaching License.  I was going to post some helpful hints about how to do the process, but since the entire process seems to be changing, I don't think that will be particularly useful.  I haven't received my card and printed license from the KSP yet, but I have printed out a copy from their website.  It is for the full five years, so I will be able to teach unit 2028.

I did the same thing 3 months ago, they no longer make the id cards. The paper they give you stating that you are now licensed will have a barcode. When you scan it, the link is shown and when you visit it, a pdf file will open up showing KSP details about you for everyone to see.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mike123ca said:

did the same thing 3 months ago, they no longer make the id cards. The paper they give you stating that you are now licensed will have a barcode. When you scan it, the link is shown and when you visit it, a pdf file will open up showing KSP details about you for everyone to see.

If you renew online, you can download a copy of your license.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:36 PM, BananaStrong said:

Sorry, I cannot agree with you. 

Teachers should be ROLE MODELS!!!!    Oh, hi student, I'm here to "educate" you but I felt education wasn't important in my life.  You need a degree, but, as your teacher, I don't.  A degree, IMO, is worthless, but I'll make a great teacher!!! I'll probably lie to you and tell you I have a degree, but I'm sure I'm better than everyone else.  Compared to teachers who actually didn't quit their education, I'm better!!!!    I'm a failure and couldn't finish school, but I'm telling you I'm better!!!  Yes, I'm your teacher.  

lol

Hey, look at Bill Gates!!!  He dropped out of school!!   He got into Harvard, one of the hardest universities in the world to get accepted at, but I'm the same!!!  NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.....................................NO< NO< NO> NO!!!  

lol

That little rant didn't exactly improve the image of university graduates, :cheesy:.

I thought university taught you to develop comprehension skills, but you apparently missed where I was going to do a TEFL, and because you chose to have a rant rather than ask me why I feel I could be a teacher, I never told you that I'm a qualified instructor, which uses the same skills as scott mentioned

On 3/6/2023 at 12:58 PM, Scott said:

write a lesson plan, help develop a a curriculum or, heaven forbid, actually write a test that is an accurate assessment of what has been taught.

Also, all my teachers were qualified teachers, some of which had degrees, and none of which instilled a love of learning, none of which taught me much, and some of which taught by fear of caning. None took a personal interest in any students, and none tried to assist pupils struggling to understand the subject.

So don't give me the old "teachers care" thing.

Back when I was thinking about it, the degree didn't have to be in education- it just had to be a degree in anything, so relevance to teaching beats me.

Also, I didn't drop out of school, and I finished secondary education at 18 years old

I also qualified in 3 different careers, all of which required study and written work, and my longest career involved teaching my juniors.

BTW, back when I would have gone to uni, it wasn't a place for subjects like media studies etc LOL, and the one person I knew that went to uni ( most didn't back then ) described in detail the lifestyle, including the "chunder games", so I had no actual desire to waste 3 years of my life in debauchery and drunkeness.

Had I wanted to be a teacher back then I wouldn't have gone to uni anyway, as it was a teacher's training college course to go teaching.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, puchooay said:

Without knowing how the course was set up. What contact and interaction I had with teachers and other students, what mentoring I received and how the course was completed, you wouldn't know.

Besides, as I have already pointed out. At time of graduation I had already been teaching for 14 years and my skills were warmly appreciated by all concerned. The degree was to remain on the right side of the requirements.

I was taught by a few that had done degrees, but they were rubbish compared to the ones that had teachers training college qualifications. It was obvious which ones were better teachers, and which were only there for the money.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:44 AM, zzaa09 said:

Mediocre is what they're looking for. 

That was all that was available when I went to school.

Given the level of education that today's pupils achieve ( apparently some can't even read or write properly when they leave school ) times have not changed much in teaching.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 3/6/2023 at 12:58 PM, Scott said:

I think a lot of people think that all there is to teaching is standing in front of a class and telling students what you know about a subject.

That describes every teacher I had during my school years.

Didn't stop me learning after I left school.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That was all that was available when I went to school.

Given the level of education that today's pupils achieve ( apparently some can't even read or write properly when they leave school ) times have not changed much in teaching.

Less to do with the teachers themselves and more to do with the system in place, including apathy from policy makers and parents.  We're in an age where members of society simply feel the need to blame others for their own shortcomings.  Teaching as a profession will always end up criticized because as a governmental service policy makers can directly make changes to it.  In essence, it's a lot easier to blame teachers and to implement "No Child Left Behind" type policies than to get parents to raise their children better.  Many children cannot read and write properly, even given every technological advantage and innovation in education, because they simply don't care to and parents do not act as a disciplinarian to them.  Schools are also pressure to actually reduce discipline in many cases, as instances of being sent for such are recorded and make a school (and thus principal) look bad.  

I'll fully admit that there are teachers in the field who might not be the best, and that having a license and degree isn't a guarantee of any quality beyond a simple baseline standard to start or continue to work in the field.  However, I feel that many deficiencies in education today aren't necessarily due to the quality of teachers but has much more to do with the number of distractions in kids' lives.  It also doesn't help that in places such as America kids aspire to be influencers, Youtubers, and Tik-Tok'ers.  I don't know how to teach kids how to sing and dance on a camera, sadly heh.

• Like 1