Question About Visa Renewal

My annual (non-O visa for retirement) expires on 8 April 2023. I understand that I can renew it within 45 days of that date. I plan to renew it on 1 March. My question is, until what date would the renewed visa be valid? For one year from the date that I renew it (on 1 March)? Or one year from 8 April? Thanks very much.

Have two simple questions about  Retirement   Non-Imm "O"   Visa 1-year Extension in Jomtien. 

/    Do the immigration office need single copy or 2 copies of all papers ? 

/    Is "O" Visa extension process and requirement same as "O-A" extension  less the  insurance certificate ? 

10 hours ago, sscc said:

Have two simple questions about  Retirement   Non-Imm "O"   Visa 1-year Extension in Jomtien. 

/    Is "O" Visa extension process and requirement same as "O-A" extension  less the  insurance certificate ? 

All reports thus far are that the "2 Copies of all papers" are only for Marriage Extensions at CW but if a copy costs 2b how much would it cost to have 2 Copies of everything anyway? 

Yes a Non-Imm O Visa Extension is exactly the same as a Non-Imm OA extension save for you don't need the evidence of Insurance [NB I'm assuming we're talking about a "Retirement" extension here, have no knowledge/experience of Non-Imm Marriage or Dependents extensions).

Yes. I already renewed my visa, and it was as people here said - that I would get a full year from the previous date of expiration (rather than a year from the date that I went to renew it.)

Everything went well, by the way, as I had all the documents/copies that they wanted. It's always a great relief to get this taken care of - and to gain another year of residence here.

56 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

It's always a great relief to get this taken care of - and to gain another year of residence here.

Good news.

Why not post exact details of all the docs that you provided.

Up to date reviews of extension always welcome. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

So a little over 6,000 baht total, and I'm set for another year. Acceptable, I think.

Excellent report 

Thanks for posting in detail really helpful.

On slight difference from my own experience at CW last Nov was that the io wanted bank statements. 

When I asked why (had never been requested previously) ....

She stated that I had some months with zero activity.

Same as you I use a dedicated bank account.

Surprised that you didn't use the banks at the CW complex for your bank letter etc. (unless your SCB) 

Also bit surprised that you didn't use appointment option.

It works so well. 

On 3/3/2023 at 10:39 AM, sscc said:

One copy only.

I can confirm that with 100 percent confidence.

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2023 at 11:57 AM, DrJack54 said:

Excellent report. Thanks.

Thanks for posting in detail really helpful. Thanks. It's also helpful for me, as I will keep a copy of what I wrote to use next year.

On slight difference from my own experience at CW last Nov was that the io wanted bank statements. 

When I asked why (had never been requested previously) ....

She stated that I had some months with zero activity. I hadn't used my dedicated retirement account for the whole year, so I didn't expect it to show any activity at all. As it turned out, upon updating the bankbook before going to Immigration, there were interest payments made every quarter, which I guess gave the impression that the account was active. However, I still brought my other bank book with me to show them - just in case they asked why no money was going out of my dedicated retirement account. But they didn't ask, so I didn't need to show it.

Same as you I use a dedicated bank account. Yes. I do this because I don't want to accidentally go under the 800,000 baht required balance.

Surprised that you didn't use the banks at the CW complex for your bank letter etc. (unless your SCB) I use Krungsi Bank. I realize that they have a branch at Immigration, but I feel more comfortable going to the main office, where I know I can get things done quickly and correctly. Besides, it's more or less on my way to Immigration. That being said, I suppose I should try to do it at the branch at Immigration someday. I suppose they would be just as familiar with the process as the main office is. Perhaps even more so. Anyway, I always feel a bit stressed when I'm at the Immigration Bureau, so I prefer to show up there with all of the documents already in hand.

Also bit surprised that you didn't use appointment option.

It works so well. It is my understanding that it is necessary to book one's appointment days - or even weeks - in advance. I prefer to just show up on short notice. For that flexibility, I am willing to spend an extra hour at Immigration.

My responses to your message above in bold.

Renew 1 year extension of stay based on retirement,   my present extension expires may 23, must I wait until within 45 days to renew it, used to be able  to renew much earlier, can someone confirm the 45 day restriction? Tyia.

31 minutes ago, alstaxi said:

Renew 1 year extension of stay based on retirement,   my present extension expires may 23, must I wait until within 45 days to renew it, used to be able  to renew much earlier, can someone confirm the 45 day restriction? Tyia.

It's only 45 days at some offices.

It is 30 days at most offices. 

You were not able to apply for extension previously "much earlier" 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's only 45 days at some offices.

It is 30 days at most offices. 

You were not able to apply for extension previously "much earlier" 

Is Jomtien a 30 or 45 day office, and yes I was able, as I have  renewed , many times, as much a 6 months early, this was 18 years ago though, and I had heard they stopped this practice, hence my question now.

1 minute ago, alstaxi said:

Is Jomtien a 30 or 45 day office, and yes I was able, as I have  renewed , many times, as much a 6 months early, this was 18 years ago though, and I had heard they stopped this practice, hence my question now.

It is 45 days.

15 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Please let me know if they do 45 days for you as it would help me  -  rather than the 30 days they told me.

My understanding was Jomtien up to 30 days early.

However seems incorrect as uj stated above 45.

If you have an airline ticket out immigration office may permit earlier extension application. 

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Please let me know if they do 45 days for you as it would help me  -  rather than the 30 days they told me.

Glad to let you know, my next mystery will be how long is the letter from my embassy confirming pension income going to be valid for, it was 30 days, or more, sometimes?? 

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My understanding was Jomtien up to 30 days early.

However seems incorrect as uj stated above 45.

If you have an airline ticket out immigration office may permit earlier extension application. 

I still think that it is 30 days.

It is good to know that with an upcoming flight they might permit earlier application.