Farang or Thai wife/girlfriend?

RamenRaven

Farang or Thai wife/girlfriend?  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes but I'm not saying there isn't a price to pay.  It would have been nice if one of my past relationships had worked but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough and find a different way.  It took me far to long to learn that.

At the moment I'm enjoying it but who knows what will happen next week, next month or next year? I doubt it though ????.

No. your way is logical and sane lol.  I dream of how much I could get done in starting a new biz using your model.

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Been married to a Swede an Italian and a Serb......Thai every time for me

So,  what was the problem and who was the problem? 

Challenging cultures for sure, and for those who believe Thai is easier, well think again. 

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

So,  what was the problem and who was the problem? 

Challenging cultures for sure, and for those who believe Thai is easier, well think again. 

Married to a Thai for 17 years....everyday is a dream come true.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:14 PM, YITB1980 said:

A Filipina is not one of the options. Some expats believe that the secret to relationship success is to find a sweet Filipina and bring her to Thailand. 

Those expats have never spent a protracted amount of time in the phils.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still wondering about having a live in Thai lady. Yeah, sometimes I have to make the bed, and wash the dishes. 

But, I can do what I want.

Do I want a well endowed stripper tonight? No problem.

Do I want a lithe young lady? Some baht will get one for me.

Do I want some frustrated Thai lady who pines for her Thai kik all day? No thank you.

• Like 1

I don't think I ever really thought about ethnicity.

My first wife was American/Jamaican, so maybe my prediction is just for dusky maidans wherever they hail from.

We met when we were working together in Singapore, I didn't even know she was Thai until after we'd done the dirty deed! 

20+ odd years later here we are

Edited by GinBoy2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 4:29 PM, ed strong said:

Most would not be here if they could score in their own country and therefore have to settle for a Thai wife.

Being an expat and scoring with a farang in Thailand is pretty much unheard of.

Nope. No problem scoring a wife back home. I would have to live back home in that case. No fun.

Best solution for me: live in Thailand and go with rentals.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/13/2023 at 4:05 PM, BobBKK said:

The FACT is... it is an exchange. There is no way a beautiful girl 20 or 30 year younger than the old farang is going to be with him if there is no security or money. Any farang who thinks she's chosen him over the much younger and fitter Thai guy because she loves old men is fooling themselves. Having said that - who cares? 

enjoy it but it IS what it IS.

It’s not the same for everyone. I had an eighteen year old decide that she liked me.  
She would leave gifts at my accommodation and ask around about me. Even where I went for a pedicure, the girl there would tell me that she went there asking if they’d seen me. 
No money was ever involved. 

Lots of offers of freebies on the table, but that wasn’t ever my style. I guess that what makes it different. When they actually want to be with you. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Most would not be here if they could score in their own country and therefore have to settle for a Thai wife.

I meet foreigners exclusively. Haven’t even considered taking a ‘local’ girl. Not entirely sure why. A few reasons, valid or not. 

I had an early experience that soured me on long term relationships with Thai ladies. I took a day tour with a group that included a Farang and his Thai wife, and she harangued him all day, clearly unhappy with the relationship. 

Many experiences since then, I knew a female bar owner who admitted she didn't like boom-boom with her husband, as she was "too old" (42). But, she managed trips back home to Isaan whenever possible, and always came back happy.

And all the ladies with long term Farang boyfriends who come to my condo, get drunk, and then I have to shoo them away like a fly, repeatedly (I don't play with ladies with Farang "boyfriends").

33 minutes ago, NextG said:

It’s not the same for everyone. I had an eighteen year old decide that she liked me.  
She would leave gifts at my accommodation and ask around about me. Even where I went for a pedicure, the girl there would tell me that she went there asking if they’d seen me. 
No money was ever involved. 

Lots of offers of freebies on the table, but that wasn’t ever my style. I guess that what makes it different. When they actually want to be with you. 

This is a classic post.

Even an 18 year old can have excellent marketing skills. Her Thai boyfriend can be a great motivator.

Edited by Danderman123

21 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

So why even come here...strange!

There is more than just the local women; haven’t you noticed?

Is it compulsory to take one?

May I suggest that you grow up at least a little?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This is a classic post.

Even an 18 year old can have excellent marketing skills. Her Thai boyfriend can be a great motivator.

Great plan…. To not ask for money, ply me with gifts, take on a job at a restaurant as she understood I would not go with anyone not above board.
 In all the time that I knew her, she asked for money once; for 2000 baht. She would not have asked if not essential. 
You guys just scrape the barrel and then paint all girls with that low standard. 
Some of us have a different experience. 
If the girls want quality they have to be quality. 
I will not lower myself to be with ????. That’s just me. I don’t need to care about how you do it. We aren’t competing in the same pool. 

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2023 at 4:56 PM, Dart12 said:

Think back you can to about only 8 years ago ish...how many less problems the world seemed to have, less hate, less adversity.  And that was when smartphones starting becoming popular.  FB already existed.  Even then, it took a few years for it to go from being a fun combo into a wicked combonation eliciting such hate a despair and division amoungst all people.

I can think back 40 years and dating in the UK was still a poop show.

The media may have changed but the attitude didn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I had an early experience that soured me on long term relationships with Thai ladies. I took a day tour with a group that included a Farang and his Thai wife, and she harangued him all day, clearly unhappy with the relationship. 

Rule 1 (discovered on my Thai honeymoon)

Leave your Thai woman at home.

There is no benefit in taking her with you.

She'll just be unhappy, cost you money and stop you having fun.

Plenty of other available women wherever you go.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

I had no problems scoring a 60 year old white Brit woman back in the UK.

And she wanted sex (but I had to tell her it would ruin our friendship)

Why would I want to have sex with a woman over 35?

For all you losers that can't score in your home countries ........ eat your hearts out!

Obesity-Desktop-01.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Went with both, as ethnicity isn't really a factor.

Better luck, or maybe better choice this last time, TH wife, as living together 17 yrs, married for 9 of those.

23 yrs in TH

Previous TH wife, married about 1 yr, maybe

Previous USA wives, 1 yr & 2 yr marriages

2 USA live together relationships, 3 & 5 urs. I think

So 35 yrs of being in relationships, and most quite enjoyable.  Fairly mutual endings, w/no issues, regrets.

Leaves about 13 yrs of playing single, since adulthood 18/19 yrs old, and quite enjoyable also.

I'd say I've been quite lucky, compared to some of the stories here.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I had no problems scoring a 60 year old white Brit woman back in the UK.

And she wanted sex (but I had to tell her it would ruin our friendship)

Why would I want to have sex with a woman over 35?

For all you losers that can't score in your home countries ........ eat your hearts out!

Obesity-Desktop-01.jpg

Exactly.

5 hours ago, NextG said:

I meet foreigners exclusively. Haven’t even considered taking a ‘local’ girl. Not entirely sure why. A few reasons, valid or not. 

How old are you? I did say most and of course there are exceptions.

19 hours ago, NextG said:

Great plan…. To not ask for money, ply me with gifts, take on a job at a restaurant as she understood I would not go with anyone not above board.
 In all the time that I knew her, she asked for money once; for 2000 baht. She would not have asked if not essential. 
You guys just scrape the barrel and then paint all girls with that low standard. 
Some of us have a different experience. 
If the girls want quality they have to be quality. 
I will not lower myself to be with ????. That’s just me. I don’t need to care about how you do it. We aren’t competing in the same pool. 

A Thai lady would never ask her Tilac for money, big loss of face.

The rest of your story is standard Thai lady marketing. I run into it all the time. Rather than accept their offers for free services, I just pay them, which is ultimately what they want. No strings attached.

because the older single Brit ladies don't come to Thailand, they go to Africa. 

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

because the older single Brit ladies don't come to Thailand, they go to Africa. 

Years back I saw a documentary on PBS about this 50/60ish woman from the UK  who went on vacation to Ghana.

She got hooked up with a 20 year old guy, and she actually said on screen; "Once go go black you never go back"

Long story short, when she got him into the UK, he failed the immigration interview and just disappeared, leaving her high and dry

And as I was searching for the docu I watched, I came across this;

https://nypost.com/2020/09/29/why-are-elderly-women-seeking-love-with-young-men-in-gambia/

Edited by GinBoy2