USA Powerlifting to allow trans athletes to compete with women after losing suit

onthedarkside

10 hours ago, Credo said:

Perhaps a new category for trans athletes should be an option.   

Yes I agree. It can't be that difficult arrange other categories...it's done for age, weight etc.

• Like 2

Another nail in the coffin of women's sport.  

I wonder how long before we get to see biologically male boxers battering women in the boxing ring? All in the name of being kind and progressive of course ????.

19 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Where did this woke <deleted> come from?  And who really supports it?

I commend everyone on this thread for supporting women’s sports worldwide

The left is and has been pushing this garbage for years, it's become a joke. Yes, I support ( biological ) women vs. women sports.

Edited by MarcusL

On 3/6/2023 at 1:38 PM, KhunLA said:

Woman's sports is pretty much dead.  Anything involving strength & endurance, they simply can't compete against man.  Biology is against them.

With all the doping, sports is a bit of a joke anyway, and just an industry within itself.

Remember as a youngin', when Bob Hayes won Gold & broke records.  Inspired me to run track, and a good thing, as no PoPo could catch in a foot chase ????

Now if someone wins a meet or breaks a record, first thing I and people think about is how juiced up he or she was.  

Look at the guy who broke the HR record some 20 yrs ago, which people followed, only to have an * next to his name for being juiced up.

You got the cyclist, who denied it for years, ruined other people's careers only to admit it, after raking in millions.

Sports ... what a joke.

Woman's sports is pretty much dead.  Anything involving strength & endurance, they simply can't compete against man.  Biology is against them.

Agree 100%.

What female is going to compete knowing it's not a fair competition?

I wonder if they can set up their own organisation that only allows biological females, or is that banned too?

Hopefully the Olympics and other none American sports ban transgenders competing in women's events outside America.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree 100%.

What female is going to compete knowing it's not a fair competition?

I wonder if they can set up their own organisation that only allows biological females, or is that banned too?

Hopefully the Olympics and other none American sports ban transgenders competing in women's events outside America.

There are some endurance sports that women can out compete men:

Ultra running

Jasmin Paris finished the 268-mile Montane Spine Race, along the Pennine Way, Scotland in January 2019 in 83 hours and 12 minutes, breaking the record by 12 hours. And she was pumping breast milk for her baby all the while. The leading man finished in 98 hours.

Ultra-cycling

in July 2019 Fiona Kolbinger beat 200 men in the Transcontinental Race, cycling the 4,000 kilometres across Europe. She finished in 10 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes, leading the race from day 3, putting in 15-17 hours of cycling each day. The male runner-up, Ben Davies, finished 10 hours later.

https://allthingslists.com/sports-that-women-beat-men/

• Like 1

It's up to the women to change these type of rulings, but I guess women don't really care about women sports. They care more about daytime drama on TV and brand name shopping. 

So, if they don't care, why should I?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:38 AM, KhunLA said:

With all the doping, sports is a bit of a joke anyway, and just an industry within itself.

Remember as a youngin', when Bob Hayes won Gold & broke records.  Inspired me to run track, and a good thing, as no PoPo could catch in a foot chase ????

Now if someone wins a meet or breaks a record, first thing I and people think about is how juiced up he or she was.  

Look at the guy who broke the HR record some 20 yrs ago, which people followed, only to have an * next to his name for being juiced up.

You got the cyclist, who denied it for years, ruined other people's careers only to admit it, after raking in millions.

Sports ... what a joke.

Sport is about the only area of life where segregation by gender is allowed and is part of the system.

42 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

It's up to the women to change these type of rulings, but I guess women don't really care about women sports. They care more about daytime drama on TV and brand name shopping. 

If they or anyone else says anything against it they're villified, cancelled etc. Author JK Rowling being an example of that.

I agree that if born a guy, doesn't matter if your junk is taken out, you have to compete as a man. Period.

Did bring to mind that African woman who was banned because her natural testosterone levels are 3 times that of average woman. She was born with "hyperandroganism"... somewhere inside she has some balls, but she also has a vagina and all that... she offered to show officials her "equipement" when they questioned her sex. https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/semenya-offered-show-her-body-officials-prove-she-was-female-2022-05-24/

10 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

If they or anyone else says anything against it they're villified, cancelled etc. Author JK Rowling being an example of that.

Well, it's really up to them to change this, if women sports matters to them.

We have seen that women can create movements and be vocal if the issues are for example pay equality, harassment, etc...

So, they have plenty of blue prints to follow, if they want to.

I, for my part, will sit back and be entertained...

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

So, from your assumption ('...I guess...) you conclude something different and that excuses you from caring. Why did you comment at all, I wonder?

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

So, from your assumption ('...I guess...) you conclude something different and that excuses you from caring. Why did you comment at all, I wonder?

Being "excused from caring" presupposes that one is obliged to care...

Why? Because of societal rules and morals that are changed every month? Because it's trendy to do so?

I don't care about women sports, I care about men sports.

Women should care about their sports, and change it if they don't like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about all the hullabalo over the South African sprinter Caster Seminya. She was female but had high levels of testosterone and had all sorts of problems. It seems transgenders have an easier path than she did. Looks like double standards.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:58 PM, AndyFoxy said:

Born with a penis, compete in men's sports. Born with a vagina, compete in women's sports. Simple.

Or born with XX sex hormones, compete in women's sports; born with XY sex hormones, compete in men's sports.  Can't change your sex hormones.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:41 PM, Hummin said:

Pure discrimination against natural born women, end of discussing!

No wonder this world going to hell? 

It's ironically an extreme form of feminism.

15 hours ago, 2009 said:

I don't mind the LGBTQ people, but when it comes to sports and bathrooms, there needs to be segregation.

You've been sharing a bathroom with LGBTQ folks since you were in grade school.  LGBTQ people have been in sports for as long as sports have existed.  It's pretty common nowadays to get an announcement of another football or basketball player coming out of the closet.   

Do you really feel in danger because someone in a bathroom might be LGBTQ?  

2 hours ago, Credo said:

You've been sharing a bathroom since you were in LGBTQ folks since you were in grade school.  LGBTQ people have been in sports for as long as sports have existed.  It's pretty common nowadays to get an announcement of another football or basketball player coming out of the closet.   

Quite the deep thinker, aren't you?

It ain't me I am concerned about.

How about girls sharing a bathroom with men? Nah, I don't like that.

How about girls playing physical contact sports against men? Nah.

Edited by 2009

The problem with the transgenders competing is, even if they have surgery, hormone reductions or whatever they usually still have the innate physical size difference.  Look at the Male swimmer who competed as a transgender against women in the USA.  Yes he/she passed all the current drug tests, testosterone limit checks, etc, he/she was still physically much taller, bigger hands, bigger feet, larger muscle groups, etc. Granting these permissions and lawsuits based on discrimination makes no sense to me.  Discrimination is not necessarily a bad word.  Discriminate, the root word just means there are differences.  No rights are implied or taken away

On 3/7/2023 at 1:05 AM, kidneyw said:

What about all the hullabalo over the South African sprinter Caster Seminya. She was female but had high levels of testosterone and had all sorts of problems. It seems transgenders have an easier path than she did. Looks like double standards.

That person and one or two others were pretty unique.  I think one of them had internal testes.  I.e. his testicles had not dropped.  A biological anomaly for sure.  But how much should one person be allowed to affect so many others even if that person did nothing wrong on his/her own?

6 hours ago, Credo said:

You've been sharing a bathroom with LGBTQ folks since you were in grade school.  LGBTQ people have been in sports for as long as sports have existed.  It's pretty common nowadays to get an announcement of another football or basketball player coming out of the closet.   

IMO it's only a problem if a man is in a female changing room, even if he wears a dress. I reckon it wouldn't be much of a problem the other way.