NETA V - Have any members got one?

grs90

2 hours ago, grs90 said:

My current car is an Almera, which has been totally reliable for the past 6 years of ownership and fits well with my boring, conservative driving style. So a new version of that is on the "possibles" list, along with the Toyota Yaris Ativ and the Mazda 2. 

Almera and Yarris ATV are good compact cars. Excellent for city driving and occasionally long distance driving. Not looked into Mazda 2. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bassosa said:

I recently found out that these kind of exclamations were common in the 70's but then for Japanese cars. We all know what followed.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

After having an EV, no way going back to an ICE.

Do you do 15 k kms a year as well as the op? The savings are a lot less over an ecocar that gets 18-20 km/l or a hybrid. 

30 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Do you do 15 k kms a year as well as the op? The savings are a lot less over an ecocar that gets 18-20 km/l or a hybrid. 

We average 20k a year, and the very few cars that get 18-20kmL, we prefer not to have.  Actually only 1 that I'm familiar with, Celerio (20kpl), and way to small for our purposes.  Very nice for the price though, if anyone is looking in that direction.

Though uses less petrol, they still use petrol.  We prefer to move forward in the future, not stay in the past.

Also have no need for a hybrid, as for us, what would be the point.  Still needs petrol and way too much maintenance.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

After having an EV, no way going back to an ICE.

I have both a new EV and an old ICE in the USA. I use EV for city driving and ICE for long distance, though I hardly drive long distance now a days. In Thailand I don't have a car and always use bolt, BTS, MRT, flight, Taxis, etc. Never felt the need for a car, though sometimes felt the urge to  buy a car in Pattaya but resistated my urge because I could not justify myself the reason to buy a car. My bolt charges in Pattaya never exceeded 3K per month. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I have both a new EV and an old ICE in the USA. I use EV for city driving and ICE for long distance, though I hardly drive long distance now a days. In Thailand I don't have a car and always use bolt, BTS, MRT, flight, Taxis, etc. Never felt the need for a car, though sometimes felt the urge to  buy a car in Pattaya but resistated my urge because I could not justify myself the reason to buy a car. My bolt charges in Pattaya never exceeded 3K per month. 

If not for the O&As, we really don't need a car here, and it is a luxury item, and not inexpensive, relative to monthly outlay.  And we live sort of rural, but actually close to everything.   No public trans here, but could easily get by with a side cart on the scooter, for shopping and getting around.

If need/want basic around town transport, a car, then hard to beat the price and operating cost (20 kp/L) of the Celerio.   Neta V, just add to a good EV option, for around town, and short O&As, or longer if patient.  If the extra 200k isn't a budget issue, and if racking up a few kms, then ROI will be realized probably before warranty expires.

Really depends on people's needs, budget, and age of course.  I (68), might, hopefully, see ROI (250k over ICE), of the ZS, as ZS (ICE & EV) not exactly inexpensive, IF live long enough and do our usually 20k kms a year.   Wife, 23 yrs younger, will definitely reap the benefits, and with luck, might be her last car.

EV ROI vs ICE (MG ZS) ... ฿250k cost.  8yrs X 20k kms = 160k kms

160k kms = ฿576k for petrol @ 10km/L @ ฿36/L, so ROI for us should be rather quick.  Half of those kms locally, and charged up with excess solar at the house, so basically free. 

Already have 6000 kms on the car, and <5 months old, and most of those, local kms.  Past cars since I've been here, have been 20k kms a year, average.

MG ZS ICE we had for just shy of 2 yrs, and racked up 39k kms.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

lets give this a bump, a year later someone must have bought one, the older model now down to 479,000thb i believe , as there is a new model neta v 2 available with 40.7 kWh Lithium-ion LFP Battery, 549,000 and 569,000 for i smart,  minor changes - 

Change Projector Lens headlights to LED. Change the new design tail light LED Strip

Change the front and rear bumper, new design

Change the front air trap. New design, Star Galaxy Grille.

Add exterior body color Milk Tea, Blue Baby, 

Add two-tone interior color Black / white, White / blue, All black

Add driver/front passenger seat Adjusted by hand 6 directions (increase high-low level)

Add Wireless Charger Wireless Charger

Add a rear windshield wiper system

Added variable speed control system Full-Speed Adaptive Cruise Control

Added a warning system when the front car moves. Front Car Start Reminder

Added a forward Collision Waring warning system.

Added automatic braking system Automatic Emergency Braking

Add a car treatment system to Lane Keeping Assist.

Added a warning system when the car leaves the lane. Lane Departure Warning

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

another bump. new model neta v2 is now 429.000thb non smart and i smart 459,000thb

I am still on the fence, i sat in one the other day and the seat and steering wheel is a bit close,  but I didn't fiddle with the seat.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/6/2023 at 6:04 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:

Almera and Yarris ATV are good compact cars. Excellent for city driving and occasionally long distance driving. Not looked into Mazda 2. 

IMO the Mazda 2 is superior, mainly because it has a torque-style automatic gearbox, rather than the CVT in the Nissan. Apparently the Yaris has both options.

Being able to swap into quasi-manual gears is an asset in hill driving. CVT's don't have the same flexibility.

2 come to the villae most days, the grey [must be arond a yers old] one is a replacement to the Red Chevy Pickup, e blue one is a replcement to a  DMax, no idea what Delivery Companys 

someone in the Village has Yellow one on red plate 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

IMO the Mazda 2 is superior, mainly because it has a torque-style automatic gearbox, rather than the CVT in the Nissan. Apparently the Yaris has both options.

Being able to swap into quasi-manual gears is an asset in hill driving. CVT's don't have the same flexibility.

Topic is NETA V, but whatever.

Owning both Mazda2 and Vios (basically a Yaris), I wouldn't own either again, or recommend to anyone.  Overpriced & underperforming compared to NETA V, besides cost to operate & maintain.

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Topic is NETA V, but whatever.

Owning both Mazda2 and Vios (basically a Yaris), I wouldn't own either again, or recommend to anyone.  Overpriced & underperforming compared to NETA V, besides cost to operate & maintain.

It depends on perspective.

We rack up very low kilometres in both. The Mazda 2 has just ticked over to 40,000 km.

I bought the Vios about 10 years ago now. 230,000 baht, plus 30,000 baht to get it to my mechanical standards. Probably get 80,000 baht for it now. Utterly reliable.

The Vios depreciation is 16,000 baht/year.

I doubt very much the NETA depreciation is anything like that, given the way the new RRP has tumbled.

It might be very nice to have a new NETA, to impress friends and neighbors. Not interested.

I could only charge it at the house, not the condo. It might get used once every 3-6 months, driving to Chiang Mai. I'd probably have range anxiety.

My very good independent mechanic usually charges me 1000 - 1500 baht for a service on either vehicle, and he does a much better job than some apprentice at a dealership. Checks everything.

What's the point? It does not make financial sense to me. YMMV.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Nobody knows what the depreciation will be in 10 year.  Surely just pocket change,  no matter what entry level car you buy.  BEV or ICEV

What will a NETA V be worth in ten years?

My Vios is coming up to 20 yo, still going strong. Do you think a NETA V

( and more significantly, its battery ) can say the same in 20 years?

IMO you missed the point of my post, which no longer surprises me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Since you don't drive yours very much, I guess 20 yrs is easy.

Expect battery life (conservative) of LFP chemistry.   As noted at the bottom, for our MG ZS.   Now put in you #s for kms per year and do the math.

LFP Battery cycle.png

Edited by KhunLA

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Since you don't drive yours very much, I guess 20 yrs is easy.

Expect battery life of LFP chemistry.   As noted at the bottom, for our MG ZS.   Now put in you #s for kms per year and do the math.

LFP Battery cycle.png

Sorry, I don't buy a calculation that is based on a ZS, not the NETA V.

I also don't buy theoretical calculations, based on experience.

I once had the task of measuring a certain pollutant in a stack emission. The engineering design and environmental licence said the emission was X mg/cubic metre.

It came as a nasty surprise to the engineers who built the system, when I got readings of 10-20 times X. They had made an assumption about one variable which was invalid.

I was quite unpopular for a while, a lot of red faces. It led to a hasty  renegotiation of the emission limits with the environmental authority.

IMO you can work up results in a lab, or on a design table. However, nothing beats performance in the field.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Sorry, I don't buy a calculation that is based on a ZS, not the NETA V.

I also don't buy theoretical calculations, based on experience.

I once had the task of measuring a certain pollutant in a stack emission. The engineering design and environmental licence said the emission was X mg/cubic metre.

It came as a nasty surprise to the engineers who built the system, when I got readings of 10-20 times X. They had made an assumption about one variable which was invalid.

I was quite unpopular for a while, a lot of red faces. It led to a hasty  renegotiation of the emission limits with the environmental authority.

IMO you can work up results in a lab, or on a design table. However, nothing beats performance in the field.

Nothing theoretical, as they actually test those kind of things. 

Theoretical would be those thinking, you may even get 10k cycles out of them.  As I said, 2500 is considered conservative by many.

Has nothing to do with NETA or MG, it's the battery tech that CATL (13 yrs) & BYD (29 yrs) have perfected and continue to improve over the last couple decades.   

Instead of pushing dinosaur technology for added profits.

image.png.02f8bc21b63bc36e808412fff4ac29fe.png

source

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

I read in another of their threads that BYD now gives lifetime warranty, you sure can't beat that.

But then in another thread I read they can't even get them to honour the free charging they are offered

• Confused 1

Hard to predict what value will be in 10 years

Currently last remaining brand new  Neta V1 are being sold for B369K

2nd hand Neta V1 are being traded on Neta facebook page for B280+K

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Hard to predict what value will be in 10 years

Currently last remaining brand new  Neta V1 are being sold for B369K

2nd hand Neta V1 are being traded on Neta facebook page for B280+K

I'm a hold them till it dies, or has little value, kind of vehicle owner.  Like to get my money's worth out of them.

In days past, USA, they died, or I killed them.  Didn't sell many cars of mine, and owned more than a few.  All bought 2nd with 1 exception.

Here/TH, all bought new, I sell them, when I lose trust in them, and by that time, 5-7 yrs, they're only worth pocket change.  Referring to my 2 Vios & 1 Mazda 2. 

Actually gave the M2 to the daughter, and she just sold it for 70k, and was happy to get that.  Less than 200k kms on it.  What a POS.

Most fire 🔥 prone EV in Thailand 🇹🇭

Thai EV fire 🔥 risk: 9.2 fire/billion miles

Tesla global: 5 fire/billion miles

ICE (USA): 55 fire/billion miles

1. Tesla 3 - September 20th, 2021, power pole collision Rama 2, Bangkok.

2. BYD Atto 3 - January 21st, 2023, house fire, Songkran. Traction battery did not burn.

3. BYD Seal - March 14th, 2024, Ratchaburi roll-over.

4. Porsche Taycan - May 24th, 2024, battery explosion, Paradise Car Showroom, Bangkok.

5. Neta-V - June 11th, 2024, median accident and fire, Saraburi.

6. Neta-V - June 12th, 2024, accident and fire at towing area, Tha Phra, Khon Kaen.

7. MG ES - June 22nd, 2024, hit axle part on the road, Chonburi motorway.

• Confused 1