US Capitol Police chief rips into Tucker Carlson over ‘offensive’ use of January 6 footage

Scott

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

So in Shaman Man's case did you see the moments where he was engaged in violence?

No, I saw him enthusiastically participating in the mob illegally trespassing in the White House and encouraging the mob on.  He was one of the first ones in after the doors were "peacefully" kicked in. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

I saw the breech by a mob but I didn't see any clips of him actually smashing stuff.

Do you believe that TC didn't manipulate the evidence to exclude footage which helped the Jury convict shaman man and that the jury is corrupt?

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Do you believe that TC didn't manipulate the evidence to exclude footage which helped the Jury convict shaman man and that the jury is corrupt?

This footage was new to most of the world. Remember? 

11 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well I'm no fundamentalist Christian but if Jesus is truly on his way then that's fine by me.

Belief that Jesus is on his way is not evidence that he's on his way no matter how sure such people are whoo believe it.

And statements like this from you: 

There's a lot more unknown information out here somewhere, I'm sure.

aren't evidence no matter how sure you are in your belief

And believe it or not, there are still tens of millions of American voters who believe the election was stolen despite the utter lack of evidence. Crazy huh?

45 minutes ago, nauseus said:

This footage was new to most of the world. Remember? 

You didn't come close to answering my question. Just meaningless innuendo. The never before seen footage showed nothing happening. What about the evidence the jury did see?

Was the jury corrupt?

Interesting video from Fox Tucket Carlson yesterday called "Here is the Truth", this follows the one reported in this forum.

It shows how Tucker blatantly and obviously manipulates Garland's quote to demonstrate that Garland is a liar. 

If you watch video from 4.00 minutes you can see Garland talking about the number of police who died. He says "five officers died".

Then Tucker says that Garland said "five officers died that day" and calls him a liar.

How can  anyone take this guy seriously.

Even when Fox openly admits in court that "no reasonable viewer takes Tucker Carlson seriously".

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

And as repeatedly pointed out to you and apparently to no avail, so what? Why does video footage shot at at one time and location prove that someone didn't commit a crime recorded on video at another time and location?

It doesn't prove that someone didn't commit a crime. I didn't say it did.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Belief that Jesus is on his way is not evidence that he's on his way no matter how sure such people are whoo believe it.

And statements like this from you: 

There's a lot more unknown information out here somewhere, I'm sure.

aren't evidence no matter how sure you are in your belief

And believe it or not, there are still tens of millions of American voters who believe the election was stolen despite the utter lack of evidence. Crazy huh?

This was obviously my opinion. I was not offering evidence. Your horse is tall, don't fall off.

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You didn't come close to answering my question. Just meaningless innuendo. The never before seen footage showed nothing happening. What about the evidence the jury did see?

Was the jury corrupt?

The never before seen footage showed little happening of a violent nature in side the Capitol and little evidence of a sustained insurrection of enough force to be able to bring down any government.

Of course the TC footage was selected, just as the J6 committee selected what they wanted people to see. Manipulation is the wrong word. Why would I know if any juries are corrupt?

Just now, nauseus said:

The never before seen footage showed little happening of a violent nature in side the Capitol and little evidence of a sustained insurrection of enough force to be able to bring down any government.

Of course the TC footage was selected, just as the J6 committee selected what they wanted people to see. Manipulation is the wrong word. Why would I know if any juries are corrupt?

You clearly don't believe Chansley should have been convicted so why was he? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You clearly are unclear on what I've said, which was that anyone guilty on J6 should expect and receive punishment to fit their crimes.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

He was convicted for a single felony count of obstructing an official proceeding before Congress. 

There is nothing in the video diffused by Carlson which may exculpate him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just your typical Jan. 6 insurrectionist:

"He was arrested in January on six charges, including disorderly conduct and violent entry.

His lawyer, Albert Watkins, told Reuters that the Federal Bureau of Prisons had diagnosed Chansley with transient schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety.

His lawyer also said Chansley has experienced some delusions, such as believing he was related to Jesus and the Buddha."

https://www.businessinsider.com/qanon-shaman-mental-illness-diagnosis-in-plea-negotiations-report-2021-7

Along with believing that Trump won the election!  :cheesy:

The moron wanted to be noticed and he was! :biggrin:

Chansley would have been better off if he never invaded the U.S. Capitol Building in the first place, and then tried to obstruct the peaceful transition to a new president.

I guess he didn't get the message that no one had nominated him as President Pro Tem of the U.S. Senate....

"Angeli, however, decided to make himself at home.

“I’m gonna take a sit in this chair because Mike Pence is a f–king traitor,” he said.

As the cop looked on, Angeli asked another rioter to use his phone to snap a photo of him seated in Pence’s chair."

That, of course, was after Pence and the various members of Congress had had to flee the Capitol chambers and abandon their duties because of the coming onslaught of rioters.

Screenshot_4.jpg.3031acb8fdc632b3a995523fd95bdeb7.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg.1a327d72c0f32ab7ce201aa5248392a3.jpg

https://londondaily.com/capitol-riot-seen-in-new-shocking-footage-like-never-before

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I'm not sure who is the bigger moron here... Chansley or Musk...  Though Musk too appears to have some mental issues of his own.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk Tweets About His Mental Illness, Admits To Unrelenting Stress And Bipolar Disorder

"More than ever, people are suffering from mental illness, including Tesla's CEO Elon Musk. 

Yesterday Elon tweeted about “unrelenting stress” and suggesting he may be bipolar."

https://www.indiatimes.com/news/world/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-tweets-about-his-mental-illness-admits-to-unrelenting-stress-and-bipolar-disorder-326962.html

Perhaps that why Musk seems to feel sorry for Chansley. Kindred souls.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not sure who is the bigger moron here... Chansley or Musk...  Though Musk too appears to have some mental issues of his own.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk Tweets About His Mental Illness, Admits To Unrelenting Stress And Bipolar Disorder

"More than ever, people are suffering from mental illness, including Tesla's CEO Elon Musk. 

Yesterday Elon tweeted about “unrelenting stress” and suggesting he may be bipolar."

https://www.indiatimes.com/news/world/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-tweets-about-his-mental-illness-admits-to-unrelenting-stress-and-bipolar-disorder-326962.html

Perhaps that why Musk seems to feel sorry for Chansley. Kindred souls.

Well, that diagnosis would certainly explain his purchase of Twitter.

• Like 2

The fact that a bunch of idiots with sticks were able to enter the Capitol in the first place should be addressed. That should be the story. But, no folks are angry at TC for showing another side of the story. 

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Like, who was refusing to call out the national guard?

I'm referring to the building itself. They never should have been able to breach the doors and windows with sticks. C'mon man.

27 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm referring to the building itself. They never should have been able to breach the doors and windows with sticks. C'mon man.

Don’t misunderstand me, I think far more have them should have been gun-downed as they crossed the threshold.