US Capitol Police chief rips into Tucker Carlson over ‘offensive’ use of January 6 footage

Scott

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Follow along where I gave a link to the safety windows installed except for the windows the rioters chose. 

I find it unbelievable that the most important building in the USA shouldn't be properly protected. 

Oh for gods sake, your own linked article mentions 'The majority of the Capitol’s 658 single-pane windows were quietly upgraded during a 2017-19 renovation of the historic building. The original wooden frames and glass were covered with a second metal frame containing bomb-resistant glass'.

As you and your link also states, they just happened to go through the two that for some unknown reason weren't.

I'm pretty sure those two windows plus the $1.5 million worth of other damage done, have now been fixed.

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Follow along where I gave a link to the safety windows installed except for the windows the rioters chose. 

I find it unbelievable that the most important building in the USA shouldn't be properly protected. 

What does this have to do with your post that bars would be a good idea now? My response was to visible restrictions to entry, not invisible ones. 

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

"The majority of the Capitol’s 658 single-pane windows were quietly upgraded during a 2017-19 renovation of the historic building. The original wooden frames and glass were covered with a second metal frame containing bomb-resistant glass.

But planners skipped about a dozen ground-floor windows, including some located in doors, because they were deemed to be low risk in the event of implosion, largely due to their discreet or shielded location, or because the building couldn’t structurally handle the load of the heavier frames."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-10-04/jan-6-rioters-exploited-little-known-capitol-weak-spots-a-handful-of-unreinforced-windows

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Oh that's a good idea. Let's start a MAGA checklist. I'll go next:-

6. Mention at least twice in your thread that the MSM isn't to be trusted and only you know the real truth. - check!

Was already boring at No.5 - now totally tedious. Check! LMAO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

7. Completely lose what little amount of humour you had in the first place. Check! 

Hey, I was laughing! You are a funny guy! But seriously folks, this frivolity is way off topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

"The majority of the Capitol’s 658 single-pane windows were quietly upgraded during a 2017-19 renovation of the historic building. The original wooden frames and glass were covered with a second metal frame containing bomb-resistant glass.

But planners skipped about a dozen ground-floor windows, including some located in doors, because they were deemed to be low risk in the event of implosion, largely due to their discreet or shielded location, or because the building couldn’t structurally handle the load of the heavier frames."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-10-04/jan-6-rioters-exploited-little-known-capitol-weak-spots-a-handful-of-unreinforced-windows

I would assume the weak spots will be adequately upgraded now.

38 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Unfortunately still to many believers in the big lie even with Fox fake news discredited many still cling to the lie so no the capitol is safe and dare I say our very democracy is in grave danger to disagree about policy I welcome that’s our democracy to support someone who actively tryed to destroy our democracy is not cool the deniers need to accept they have been had and move on 

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

That argument is still very much a detraction from the real problem here. A bank shouldn't need to have a safe but they all do. 

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Perhaps they'd like to preserve the architecture and structure of a historic building. Even drilling a hole in that building would need a written submission.

It isn't some recent concrete monstrosity that you could take a excavator to and upgrade part of. We dream of a day when insurrectionists didn't have an idiot following and such protection wasn't necessary. Those structural upgrades to the building were designed to stop bombs, not mobs. 

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I've heard of victim blaming before but this must be the first 'building blaming' I've seen. 

Now that is just silly. But to be expected.

Steel bars covering windows is not a bad idea now is it.

Again, the Capitol police allowing this to happen is more of a story than TC showing a video that doesn't follow the storyline of investigations committee.

You really don't like the police, do you?   There is no police force that could have dealt with that crowd without using lethal force.   It required a military intervention.  

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Perhaps they'd like to preserve the architecture and structure of a historic building. Even drilling a hole in that building would need a written submission.

It isn't some recent concrete monstrosity that you could take a excavator to and upgrade part of. We dream of a day when insurrectionists didn't have an idiot following and such protection wasn't necessary. Those structural upgrades to the building were designed to stop bombs, not mobs. 

The video shows another side of the story. It doesn't change anything but certainly not offensive. 

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The video shows another side of the story. It doesn't change anything but certainly not offensive. 

No, it doesn't show another side of the story. If it truly showed another side of the story, it would provide alternate footage of the incidents that the prosecution used against Chansley. Airing something irrelevant is not showing "another side of the story". 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

No, it doesn't show another side of the story. If it truly showed another side of the story, it would provide alternate footage of the incidents that the prosecution used against Chansley. Airing something irrelevant is not showing "another side of the story". 

Really, looked like the police were giving a tour to Q

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Really, looked like the police were giving a tour to Q

Seriously speaking! Its possible the presiding judge didn’t see this video at the time.

The judge noticed that Chansley walked through the door as a window was being smashed nearby.

. The door my client walked into is actually being held by a Capitol policeman.”

“Lamberth issued no immediate ruling on Chansley’s release request. The judge said he wants to review video footage before he issues a decision”.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/05/capitol-riot-shaman-tv-interview-473921

Edited by riclag

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Seriously speaking! Its possible the presiding judge didn’t see this video at the time.

The judge noticed that Chansley walked through the door as a window was being smashed nearby.

. The door my client walked into is actually being held by a Capitol policeman.”

“Lamberth issued no immediate ruling on Chansley’s release request. The judge said he wants to review video footage before he issues a decision”.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/05/capitol-riot-shaman-tv-interview-473921

Apparently, you don't understand what it signifies that this article dates from Mar 5, 2021. Two years ago. Clearly, the judge must have subsequently viewed the relevant video since he did issue a decision.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

The Police Chief said it was offensive to show video. I disagree. 

Chansley's an idiot, I agree.

I just don't get why after committing the crimes for which he was sentenced, he was allowed to continue on with cops opening up doors for him like he's on a tour. Shouldn't he have been in cuffs? It seems like the only videos shown so far shows the break in, why not show the whole story. Why wouldn't the American people be entitled to the whole story?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I just don't get why after committing the crimes for which he was sentenced, he was allowed to continue on with cops opening up doors for him like he's on a tour. Shouldn't he have been in cuffs? It seems like the only videos shown so far shows the break in, why not show the whole story. Why wouldn't the American people be entitled to the whole story?

Who are you agreeing with. I never said Chansley was an idiot. I did say he was a criminal.

Considering how badly the cops were outnumbered, what makes you think it was feasible to cuff Chansley? Did the cops in the Capitol cuff anyone that day? I don't believe anyone was arrested who was inside the Capitol on that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Seriously, speak of the whole story. How many insurrections have the leader openly giving thanks and praise to cops on the floor of the capitol as he wads off others 

from snacking on cupcakes that were left there.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-riot-qanon-shaman-jailhouse-interview

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Seriously, speak of the whole story. How many insurrections have the leader openly giving thanks and praise to cops on the floor of the capitol as he wads off others 

from snacking on cupcakes that were left there.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-riot-qanon-shaman-jailhouse-interview

So your whole point is it wasn't an armed insurrection but a protest that got out of control, correct?

If you are refering to 'arms' as in the rioters didn't all have guns then I'm not sure I disagree but of course they were armed. Pepper spray, battons, spears and whatever else they could get their hands on (there was also guns). This diminishing of the events of the day just simply doesn't wash. Just because it wasn't a full blown shoot out doesn't negate the fact that Trump fans stormed the Capitol building, baying for blood and trying to overturn the presidential process.

Stop picking fault with the details and accept the enormity of what happened that day. It was a turning point in identity politics that showed that the MAGA brigade was willing to resort to ANY measure to get their way. That was what was so scary. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So your whole point is it wasn't an armed insurrection but a protest that got out of control, correct?

If you are refering to 'arms' as in the rioters didn't all have guns then I'm not sure I disagree but of course they were armed. Pepper spray, battons, spears and whatever else they could get their hands on (there was also guns). This diminishing of the events of the day just simply doesn't wash. Just because it wasn't a full blown shoot out doesn't negate the fact that Trump fans stormed the Capitol building, baying for blood and trying to overturn the presidential process.

Stop picking fault with the details and accept the enormity of what happened that day. It was a turning point in identity politics that showed that the MAGA brigade was willing to resort to ANY measure to get their way. That was what was so scary. 

In all seriousness,It was meant to be a peaceful protest while a small minority of 100k  turned hooligan and rioted .I want to see all of the facts before making a judgement decision.
Many of the hooligans weren’t convicted of insurrection , like Chantley. I like to see footage thats never been shown before , like so many others!

6 minutes ago, riclag said:

In all seriousness,It was meant to be a peaceful protest while a small minority of 100k  turned hooligan and rioted .I want to see all of the facts before making a judgement decision.
Many of the hooligans weren’t convicted of insurrection , like Chantley. I like to see footage thats never been shown before , like so many others!

It wasn't meant to be a peaceful protest.  Most likely, Trump didn't care what they did.  He certainly didn't take any action to prevent it being anything other than what it was -- a violent insurrection.  

You've seen all the facts.  I doubt you are waiting for anything other than something to convince you that it wasn't what it was, a violent attempt to overthrow an election.  The same thing you see in many 3rd world countries.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, riclag said:

Fine. But by your own admission 'a small minority of 100k turned hooligan'. That's all it took when assualting what is widely seen as the second most important building to US democracy. And assaulted it was. Whatever optic you want to see it through it was exactly that; a bunch of MAGA wearing idiots decided that it was a good idea to invade the Capitol. It wasn't and I'm sure they're not happy about 'following' the mob.

But hey, you're inferring that it was a small minority and you may be surprised but I agree with that. However, the overall rhetoric that got 100's of thousands of people marching to the Capitol on basically what is now a confirmed lie is really the problem here. The majority may not have stormed the building themselves, but they certainly should be questioning hanging out in the same crowd as those that did.

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Like 1