Stormy Daniels: Trump invited to testify before grand jury

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Orange man in an orange jumpsuit.....life will be fun

What's more much more is that this indictment is only the beginning.

But he can still run for president and incite his cultists to terroristic violence 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The process allows the defendant to produce exculpatory evidence and to make an argument why he shouldn't be indicted. 

The defendant isn't allowed to present his case as i understand it. I could be wrong. 

6 hours ago, Purdey said:

The defendant isn't allowed to present his case as i understand it. I could be wrong. 

He will be asked unlimited and unrestricted questions. He could answer fully and truthfully or he could plead the fifth. Therein lies the reason he was invited, not subpoenaed. If he were to plead the fifth before the grand jury it might complicate things in a trial. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, her description of his nether regions was one of the scariest things I have ever read. Like something out of a Stephen King novel. And yes, that would mean once, and only once. 

Poor Melania.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

These will be felony charges with the possibility of four years in prison but prison not required. But if convicted some prison is likely. These are not bail eligible offenses.

Ga. Republicans push for prosecutorial oversight amid Trump election probe

I'm giving up on the Georgia case, though I hope that Willis succeeds.  And of course, them good ol' boys are swearing up and down this has nothing to do with the color orange.

Waiting to hear the defense on the infamous phone call, that by "votes" he meant Facebook likes, to which Judge Peckerwood responds "make sense to me!"  They can use the "nobody is so stupid they would believe he'd say such a thing" defense, which apparently has precedent:

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes TC seriously

Edited by bendejo

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Barron is the only one of his kids that might still have a soul. 

What would really be ironic is if Barron grows up to use the gifts he’s been blessed with for good that would really <deleted> off old Donnie and the rest of his kids ???? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Barron is the only one of his kids that might still have a soul. 

I've been looking for someone positive in that dung heap.  I thought Melania would be it, but no.  Tiffany?  Looks doubtful.

I suspect Don Jr is hoping the old man croaks so he can run for president, but I think Eric and Ivanka are the only ones capable of running a business at this point (note that I did not use the word successfully).

If Don Jr became president his first order of business would be to deport Melania.  A few months later Barron dies of food poisoning.

Edited by bendejo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s not a defendant until he indicted and at trial before a court of law.

Understood the term is wrong but he is being accused of something and the prosecutors will try to prove they have a case, so what is he? The Accused? 

4 hours ago, Purdey said:

Understood the term is wrong but he is being accused of something and the prosecutors will try to prove they have a case, so what is he? The Accused? 

That's how it is in a Grand Jury. Nothing specific to Trump's case.

On 3/12/2023 at 11:27 PM, spidermike007 said:

Well, it is likely they have not had sex in many, many years. It would appear to be more of an arrangement, than a relationship. Good on her. Who would want a relationship with him?

You've answered your own question: the answer is an Eastern European gold digger. 

I would guess it's like the LOS bar girls who fantasize about landing a rich farang (we're all rich in here, right?) and when succeeding realizes she hates him.