'We're asking for help to bring our boy home to Manchester so he's not alone as he fights for his life'

webfact

26 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps the family's secondhand version of events, designed solely to get money, isn't quite accurate and the other driver wasn't at fault.

OP says was hit by a speeding truck, hence why the question why truck is not paying.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Because it wasn't his fault.

It wasn't?  All his family claimed was

1 hour ago, webfact said:

he was ploughed into by a pick up truck in the early hours

That doesn't tell us what happened, or which lane the motorbike was in.  Nothing there to assign fault.  And this is a one-sided report from the family.  If the police report gave any indication of the pickup driver being at fault, surely that would have been included in the article.

All I get out of this is:

1.  out for a drink with the lads

2.  on his motorbike in the early hours

3.  no helmet

4.  on the phone

I wouldn't want to assume, but............

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Petethefeet said:

I am in koh lanta at the moment. Many locals and tourists on motorbikes not wearing helmets. Some on phones. Some appear to be driving too fast. I have been here 10 days and haven't seen a policeman. 

It amazes me the amount (per capita) of farang tourist & expats ride without a helmet.  One guy locally has it strapped to his bike, but not his head.   I'd guess 75-90% of farangs I see here, don't where a helmet.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Motor bike not wearing a helmet accident involving 

tourists 

Seems to be happening a lot here  in Thailand 

Feel sorry for the Family now  having  to sort out the financial cost of his medical bills and getting him back to the UK 

Hope he recovers and they have success in their quest ???? 

There's a few heartless comments as usual for the misfortune of others, but they are probably the kind of people that think they are so perfect, but just remember that anyone of us can be wiped out or maimed for life in an instance,

even more so if you live here permanently, but in the unlikely event of it happening to you or your family or friends, don't be looking for much sympathy on here.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine a Thai person in a similar situation. Would anybody write about that? Or is it just another day in Thailand? 

A Thai would have a government hospital at least. And they wouldn't need to be flown back home.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

It amazes me the amount (per capita) of farang tourist & expats ride without a helmet.  One guy locally has it strapped to his bike, but not his head.   I'd guess 75-90% of farangs I see here, don't where a helmet.

Yeh me too, I've seen a family of tourists on a scooter with a small child, no helmets I really don't get it......

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Sad, but this means not only he was riding no helmet but was also on the phone.

Putting that aside, and no travel insurance, what i do not understand is why truck insurance is not paying?  Why police are not forcing truck owner to pay?

Because they are not the ones that are at fault ??? ...

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did the information in the OP come from...the family (and the MEN)!   Perhaps the family's secondhand version of events, designed solely to get money, isn't quite accurate and the other driver wasn't at fault.

On the 'GoFund Me ' page this phrase, which seems to be absent elsewhere is included.

'was hit by a drunk driver travelling at high speed.' 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ezzra said:

I don't know, but if my child/sone/daughter was in this situation I'd go and sell a kidney or sell my car to help him rather than beg strangers for donations, but this is me.

Might not be enough.......

I hope a Manchester City or United player learns of his plight and donates a fraction of 1 game's pay.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John Drake said:

A Thai would have a government hospital at least. And they wouldn't need to be flown back home.

... And they are covered by the Compulsory Third Party Personal Insurance, that all the Drivers have I think. ... My Grand daughter just used this system, and it is not bad for an Over Crowded Poorer Country. ... (Well one that are lucky to have a well organized, and the Cheap Government Hospital and just Great, but very poorly paid Doctors and Nurses to go with it. ...

I get my Skin Cancers cut off in our Government hospital on Monday. I must figure out a Direct way of being able to Donate to them !!! ??? 

• Like 2