'We're asking for help to bring our boy home to Manchester so he's not alone as he fights for his life'

webfact

9 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

From the insurance (or lack of it) point of view Brits believe their needs will always be taken care of by their National Health Service.

Absolute rubbish,  british people nowadays have very little faith in the national disgrace that the NHS has become. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

I do live here ...  but don't ride a motorbike thankfully,   or ride a jetski,  or go parasailing,  or enter BTS platforms,  or go to Ko Tao ,  or go to full moon parties,  or go to Khosaon road, or go to walking street late at night,   it's all just too damn dangerous for my liking  !!      haha

You don't have much of a life here then other than spend your time on a public discussion board.  haha.

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I really do wonder about some AN members...   that information is almost impossible to miss in the article... and then commented on numerous times by many other posters.....

I also wonder if a helmet would have provided much protection... as a tourist he probably received on of those feeble ones from whoever rented to him. And I read he was hit pretty hard.....

14 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Depends on what was in the insurance, some do not include medivac or transport back home,sometimes its an addition that you need to pay extra for,  but the problem here is, it appears from the OP that he was intoxicated and had no helmet, which would probably invalidate any insurance, if he had  it?

My other question would be if they didnt have insurance, im assuming in these cases, its payment first  or else no one would ever pay and be prepared to be chased by debt collectors

Sorry, his family have to find the means to pay for whatever it takes to take him back. Not going to pay for someone caught in a drink-and-drive/ride incident. And that too without helmet. Same goes to whoever runs the red light.

But condolences to the family, nonetheless. A father of 5... yet... shouldn't have been doing what he did, no?

Edited by drmal
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Drunk, no helmet, on his phone at the time and probably didn't have a license - who could have seen this coming ????

The few articles I read I am unsure if he was actually moving at the time of the incident.... had he stopped to talk on the phone, it also covers why he was not wearing his helmet. Also if stationary, the other driver is 100% to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The few articles I read I am unsure if he was actually moving at the time of the incident.... had he stopped to talk on the phone, it also covers why he was not wearing his helmet. Also if stationary, the other driver is 100% to blame. 

Not quite

If he had stopped in the middle of the road and switched his bikes lights off , making him unseeable to on coming traffic , then it wouldn't have been the car drivers fault

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Father of 5, no helmet, on the phone while driving after a couple of drinks.

Now the family begging for money.

Nuff said. 

Yep..on the phone.onthe grog.no helmet..what could possibly go wrong..stupid .. never the less I hope he can make a recovery..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BestB said:

Why police are not forcing truck owner to pay?

May be because the truck owner didn't have insurance or just had the mandatory Por Ror Bor insurance. Either way do you really think the police would come down on the farangs side?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Absolute rubbish. You obvious,y no nothing about eva,uation of RTIs and make up nonsense about apprtioning blam

the reality in Thailand is there is no facility for proper,y ana,ysing a crash,it is keft up to a few police officers who are not properly trained to do it and will do anything to wrap the matter up.

If if you witnessed the accident (which you clearly haven't) you would not be qualified to make any conclusions about what happened and then without any proper evidence you decide you are I a position to make judgements on how this person should be treated in hospital

9 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Absolute rubbish,  british people nowadays have very little faith in the national disgrace that the NHS has become. 

Agreed. Brits love to complain. But they're not for spending money on Travel Insurance or Private Healthcare because they've already paid for their medical needs via their National Insurance Contributions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, milesinnz said:

so he was chasing his dreams, looking for a job in Thailand, without a helmet - so where did his 5 children ever come into his plans ???

Usually the Divorce Court puts your plans for your kids on hold for a few years is my guess

• Haha 1