Immigration Agents In Chiang Mai

I'm getting to be that age where I need to anticipate health problems that would incapacitate me. 
So I'm in the process of creating a list of instructions for my wife to follow in case I have a stroke or if I'm otherwise unable to take care of myself.

I'm on an Extension of Stay Based On Marriage and as long as I'm married, regardless of my physical condition, I want to maintain that annual extension based on marriage as I have 400,000 THB that remains in a Thai account specifically for that reason, and I AM married to a Thai woman 15 years this year..  I also have around 100K THB transferred to Thailand from a work pensions and Social Security, although that process on a good day is a PITA.  So I need a list of agents who can take care of the Thai Immigration bureaucracy in case I'm incapacitated and can not take care of it myself.  And it is beyond what my wife can do or understand.

So what I am looking for is a list of Visa Agents in Chiang Mai who would be able to handle ALL of the paperwork as well as to provide agency for my wife and myself in order to keep the extensions up to date was well as the 90 day reports if I am fully incapacitated.
I live within Chiang Mai Immigration District 5 although I report to a smaller office in Lamphun.  It's still in the same district.

Agent recommendation would be appreciated as I'm trying to compile a list for the wife.

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

What is your rationale for advising someone to go down the illegal road when he meets the marriage requirements.  If he needs doctors certificates etc then the company I have recommended can arrange that!

It's an option.

As for the old "illegal road" chestnut ....move on. 

BTW the link that you provided did not mention extension based on marriage however one would think that service would be provided

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ginkas said:

I use Best Friend Visa, they take my photo, copy passport, bank book, fill in the forms and arrange to meet me at the Immigration Office the next day.

At the office I'm led to the room at the back where my photo is taken for the computer, my passport and bank book handed back with an official receipt and a one year extension within 5 minutes.

I started using them when you had to queue up outside Promenada from 4 or 5 am to get an appointment, continued using them as it was so quick and easy compared to doing it myself for many years originally.

You are typing about completely different situation.

Just in case you skipped over the OP....

This is his second sentence...

"So I'm in the process of creating a list of instructions for my wife to follow in case I have a stroke or if I'm otherwise unable to take care of myself"

In that situation he will not be attending immigration. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Tazmo said:

I am surprised to read that you’re getting Social Security from another country, while not resident in that country!  Is that normal or am I out of touch?

Social security is the national pension scheme in the US .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Noobie said:

. I have used them for over 12 years now and have been very happy with them. 

They certainly have positive reviews.

Do you attend immigration office? 

The OP gave example of having a stroke. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Noobie said:

In my past, I had some medical issues where I couldn't go to immigration and Assist Thai Visa was able to handle all of my immigration needs for me. Therefore, I never had to go to immigration office at all. They came to my house for completing all the paperwork, picked up my passport and returned the following day with my passport with all of the proper stamps in it. I myself wouldn't use anyone else.

Seems the solution that the OP is after. 

Do you know the cost.

Guess they need to arrange medical certificate etc

9 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I ask again; (not expecting a coherent reply!);

Why are you suggesting the more expensive (illegal) agent retirement option?

It is common knowledge that the retirement visa is loads easier than the based on marriage visa

So much so that for years Chiang Mai immigration tried to persuade married guys to just file for a retirement visa

Which btw is perfectly legal in any case married to a Thai or not

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, connda said:

Agent recommendation would be appreciated as I'm trying to compile a list for the wife.

As some others have mentioned Assist Thai Visa is very professional & well regarded

I used them years ago for marriage based visa extension & was really impressed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems the solution that the OP is after. 

Do you know the cost.

Guess they need to arrange medical certificate etc

I know all of their overall cost are very reasonable. For me, they only charged me an additional 300 baht to cover gas & the persons's time for coming to my house. Which I had no problem paying. I think it would be by a "case to case" bases, because of what paperwork a person might need for their circumstances. 

Edited by Crazy Noobie
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

I'm in similar circumstances, I use Assist Thai Visa to take care of all my Immigration and legal related needs. The owner is a Brit who has a UK law degree plus they have a Thai lawyer on staff. Very reliable for over ten years, they don't deal in dodgy visa's.

https://assistthaivisa.com/

I believe they offer visas for 20,000 baht. What is NOT dodgy about that?

• Haha 1