Rain

nigelforbes

2 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

I have 4 of the Xiaomi S2 filters and the only complaint I have is connecting to the app but connecting to your phone  is not necessary..  What is important though is the availability of replacement filter  cartridges in the future.  Replacement filter cartridges for these are reasonably priced and readily available online.

If you need one today to tide you over, Makro on the Hangdong Road have been stocking a cheaper unit under 1000B with a remote but they have been selling out quickly.

Got an aircon?  You could buy some 3m filtrette to cover your standard aircon filter and run your unit on fan only.  That will work well enough.  You can normally buy that in most supermarkets, Homepro etc.

The best time to buy any of this is in the middle of rainy season, it can be a lot cheaper.

Er, wrong thread perhaps?

The most powerful storm I've ever seen, just ripped through Mae Rim. Power poles, trees, my sala, all flattened, it's like a war zone and I've been through hurricanes in Florida, this was just as bad. Scary stuff 

Edited by nigelforbes
  • Sad 1

Yea, biggest wind I've ever seen here in CM.  A piece of somebody's roof landed in our porch area.  And I'm told that billboards and other stuff went down near Airport Central Plaza..

Thankfully, we didn't lose power.....although a lot of places are still without it.

1 minute ago, CMBob said:

Yea, biggest wind I've ever seen here in CM.  A piece of somebody's roof landed in our porch area.  And I'm told that billboards and other stuff went down near Airport Central Plaza..

Thankfully, we didn't lose power.....although a lot of places are still without it.

Our power pole is at 45 degrees, held up only by the wires.

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

The most powerful storm I've ever seen, just ripped through Mae Rim. Power poles, trees, my sala, all flattened, it's like a war zone and I've been through hurricanes in Florida, this was just as bad. Scary stuff 

Where in Mae Rim?  Nothing like that  around the district office.  Big and strong at Ruam Chok about 3:30 pm. Hail.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Where in Mae Rim?  Nothing like that  around the district office.  Big and strong at Ruam Chok about 3:30 pm. Hail.

The storm seems to have cut a fairly narrow path. We're East of the main road thru Mae Rim but north of the samoeng turn. The storm came at us from the south east, so I guess it hit san sai before us, presumably ruam chok before that, where it went afterwards, who knows.

Hail, rain, wind, damaged buildings, ruined gardens, no power for over 6 hours, no internet for nearly 18 hours, mobile service unstable.. how can you tell that Prayuth was in town yesterday! Hats off to the lady who gave him a bunch of dead flowers and told him to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1