TM30 Every 3 years if you don't leave the country?

I went for my extension of stay for retirement today at Phuket immigration and the clerk at Room 103 said since I had not left the country in over 3 years (covid) that I had to re-register my address TM30 in Room 101.  I thought I had all the information with me, but after waiting in an over crowded room for 40 minutes, I was missing a piece of paper from my landlord.  Luckily I got it by 1:00pm and was able to go back to the drive through to re-register. (2 people told me I could do drive through for the TM30)  The drive through guy, who is the 90 day drive through guy and I see him every 90 days, asked me, are you at same place... yes.  He looked very confused.  I kept saying they said I need a new piece of paper because it's been 3 years.   Finally he went inside, probably looked up my history of 90 days, and stamped the old piece of paper with a new date.  Didn't need all the paperwork I had.

I research the requirements for visa extension every year and never have seen a 3 year limit on the TM30.  

My question is, do you really have to re-register you address TM30 every 3 years if you don't leave the country? This does not make any sense to me, but this is Thailand.

Thank you.

Edited by LivingNThailand
  • Haha 1

Pathum Thani want a new TM30 (and a home visit) every year for marriage extensions (not sure about retirement), but as usual each office has its own roolz ???? 

Luckily the "paperwork" also includes the wife so it's no hassle to do one there and then.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Pathum Thani want a new TM30 (and a home visit) every year for marriage extensions (not sure about retirement)

No new TM30 required for retirement extension at Pathum Thani.

Edited by Resident Alien
added 'extension' just to be clear
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, proton said:

should be renamed TM confusion, more nonsense spouted by IO's about the TM30 than anything. Why on earth should you have. to re register your address? that is included in your 90 day reports every 90 days

exactly.  That is why the 90 day guy in the drive through was confused.  He finally gave in and gave me a stamp.  What are you going to do?  If the clerk at room 103 says you got to do it..... If I get a nice guy tomorrow when I do my renewal I will ask.  but I'm not hopeful.  I was hoping to find something in writing to keep in my immigration book.  

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Pathum Thani want a new TM30 (and a home visit) every year for marriage extensions (not sure about retirement), but as usual each office has its own roolz ???? 

Luckily the "paperwork" also includes the wife so it's no hassle to do one there and then.

Tell me about it...... Been living in Pathum Thani for 5 years on a married extension.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lungbing said:

Khon Kaen did this to me last September when I renewed my retirement extension.  I haven't left the country for 8 years and haven't had a new address here for 20 years, but they were insistent.

And they don’t get any money for the TM 30 Why ask ?  

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Does the wife know you call her that? ????

Edited by Lemsta69

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

I/we do my marriage extension every year at Pathum Thani and in 15 years have never been asked for a new TM30.

But,yes, they do insist on the home visit.

Strange in your case !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:
10 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Anyone can provide immigration rules. 

They're pinned to the top of this forum...

https://aseannow.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/#comment-17706004

I read the TM30 new rules a while back.  But what about item #4

4. Notification of receiving an alien to stay as a resident according to the article 3, shall be in accordance with the criteria, conditions and supporting documents as prescribed by Immigration Bureau.

What is the criteria and conditions?  Every 3 years?  Anywhere I can find criteria and conditions?

54 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

I read the TM30 new rules a while back.  But what about item #4

4. Notification of receiving an alien to stay as a resident according to the article 3, shall be in accordance with the criteria, conditions and supporting documents as prescribed by Immigration Bureau.

What is the criteria and conditions?  Every 3 years?  Anywhere I can find criteria and conditions?

Sorry mate but I only know where the rules are saved I don't read them ????????????

Maybe @ubonjoecan assist?

10 hours ago, orchidfan said:

I/we do my marriage extension every year at Pathum Thani and in 15 years have never been asked for a new TM30.

But,yes, they do insist on the home visit.

Strange in your case !

We've only done two extensions at Pathum.

Did a TM30 when we changed address, another on the first extension and another on the second (last year). We shall see if they want another this year. It's not exactly onerous as all the necessary info is part of the regular paperwork anyway.

The lads who do the home visit are very professional. No issues with them at all although them turning up in their (very) marked BMW the first year did cause a bit of a stir in the village ???? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

The rules are...there ain't no rules. Inconsistent, random and arbitrary from province to province at best and even officer to officer at the same office at worst. It's simply astounding how they just seem to come up with endless new nonsense, even after thinking heard it all by now. NOPE. They are never at a loss for silliness. :coffee1:

Exactly
why does anyone living here 10,20,30 years expect things to always remain the same and for every immigration to follow the "rules"?

Give someone authority, they will abuse it

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/13/2023 at 2:51 PM, DrJack54 said:

No.

Just another idiot clerk (io) telling you made up rubbish. 

And you think its all ignorance and that they dont care about the jpb or facts, the truth is it make themselves feel big and important...  who said they dont crave job satisfaction?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Seeall said:

who said they dont crave job satisfaction?

They are Clerks that have watched the movie "Guardians of the Universe" too many times.

They seek relevance.

Job satisfaction is not relevant. 

• Like 1