Thailand welcomes Russian refugees

webfact

22 hours ago, les1 said:

As long as they are not in the front line they couldn't care less about the killing & suffering in Ukraine believe me. They generally are a nation of bloody crooks & nasty people. As for Thailand as long as there is money in it they couldn't care either.

A whopping three sweeping generalization embracing three nationalities, all in one single post.

Who's nasty again?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/16/2023 at 5:45 AM, 1duckyboy said:

Who is invading your country?

1. Give us your opinion regarding Putin?

2. Do you believe Putin is justified in invading and killing many people in Ukraine? 

3. Should Putin respect that the people from Ukraine have, over several dacades made a lot of progress towards building a democratic country and good progress in developing their own country?

4. Can there be any justification for Putin's violent invasion of Ukraine?

5. Do you believe the countries surrounding Ukraine should be very frightened that if Putin does take over and totally control Ukraine with force then the surrounding countries will also be invaded with a violent Putin war to try to force them to be part of Russia by total intimidation and fear of death and torture etc?  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/16/2023 at 5:22 AM, CANSIAM said:

Authorites are just figuring it now ? I believe the 1st Russian aircraft arrival in October had a 2 truck water cannon welcoming.........I'm sure if Immigration clamps down on corruption, most will have to leave at some point ????  

Thailand is not a signatory of the UN convention on refugees. Most unfortunate as many Burmese are fleeing persecution for reasons outlined in the UN definition.

19 hours ago, Cricky said:
On 3/16/2023 at 7:44 AM, JoseThailand said:
On 3/16/2023 at 6:45 AM, soalbundy said:

Where do these Russian refugees get the money to stay indefinitely in a foreign country

Surprise: They work online. A lot of them are actually working for their regular Russian employers. During the pandemic online work became the norm

Just because you and a couple of your Russian mates work online it does not say they all do. 

I'd say most are here struggling

I've been going twice a week to the fruit market on Theppasit Road since it opened many years ago.

Sadly I see the Russians swapping out more expensive fruit, then paying for cheaper, eating the fruit before paying etc. I have never seen this behavior before and I've been going to Thai fruit markets for over 20 years.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

There are no Russian refugees. Russia started the war with Ukraine by invading it. Russia could stop the war

just as fast. If there is a Russian who is on over stay, deport them back to Russia.

If they are rich Russians they will fly to some other country, if they are not rich.... Oh well

life sucks to be a poor Russian. IMO

Correct, they aren't refugees, the only refugees would be Ukrainians - they are the ones fleeing from an invasion by the Russians. Unfortunately, the Ukrainians don't have the weapons or man-power to turn the tables on the invaders.

• Thumbs Up 1

Weird article. Welcoming Russian refugees on the one hand but on the other agreeing to an extradition treaty with Russia. 

In other words, being able to facilitate extradition of potential Russian draft dodgers (criminal offence) back to Russia to be forced to fight in Ukraine. Also, any vocal dissenters of Russian government actions. So Thailand is not a safe haven for Russians. 

Refugee definition as written on UN website, "Refugees are persons who are outside their country of origin for reasons of feared persecution, conflict, generalized violence, or other circumstances that have seriously disturbed public order and, as a result, require international protection.  The refugee definition can be found in the 1951 Convention and regional refugee instruments, as well as UNHCR’s Statute"

It is possible IMO that the interpretation of refugee is accepted for those Russians fleeing to avoid involvement in what is deemed as an unjust war, with the conflict and violence that is involved. Russia is part of the UN as well. Not that this means much at all.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/16/2023 at 4:30 AM, bradiston said:

If, by westerner, you mean European, I really find it hard to understand any European supporting the Russian invasion of Ukraine. On what grounds? It was patently unnecessary. Putin's pathetic excuse that he had no alternative ("they made me do it") is unworthy of a world leader, to say the least. And the result? Do you see any damage to Russian territory? Nothing! NOTHING! How dare people say Ukraine started this war, or deserved it in any way? Have we lost all morality? Twisted, twisted, twisted.

The guy is either a shill or seriously deluded , his arguments are laughable , best to ignore him.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/16/2023 at 9:55 AM, markclover said:

Good  them.  It takes guts and careful planning to flee from a war you don't agree with.  It's far easier to just join the army, take the salary and free meals.

Russia not be invaded other way around , just dodging draft good luck if they get away with it ???????????? free meals & pay sounds good until your being shot at ! been there done that better to Lay on Thai beach ⛱️  as long as you can get away with its all good ?

Edited by Mad mick

You make some interesting points….

Now get ready to teach us your version of history. Explain the “Minsk Agreement” to us. I have seen and heard people repeat this, but not a single one can explain anything about it to me. The perils of repeating something parrot fashion methinks. 
Once you’ve completed explaining your version of the “Minsk Agreement”, perhaps you can post a map of the American weaponry surrounding Russia and the “broken promises”. 
Easy to repeat nonsense, but not quite so when you need to actually discuss the trash that you are spreading. 

Edited by Rimmer
quoted reply of removed troll post removed
  • Like 2

*Deleted post removed*

Minsk2 point 10 was referring to The Donbas when it said "Withdrawal of all foreign armed formations, military equipment and mercenaries".  The only foreigners in the Donbas were Russian soldiers whether Wagner or without insignia.  Russia claimed (a) it had no personnel there which was clearly a lie and (b) that it wasn't a signatory to the agreement.

The problem negotiating with Russia, is that they rarely do it in good faith, it's completely pointless.

Regarding your point about "The Former Colonies", I totally agree with you.  I think if my neighbour wants to get a guard dog for his protection, as long as it is fenced in safely, it's none of my business.  If Cuba want to host Russia's nuclear missiles, it's nobody's business but them and Russia.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2023 at 7:11 AM, scorecard said:

1. Give us your opinion regarding Putin?

2. Do you believe Putin is justified in invading and killing many people in Ukraine? 

3. Should Putin respect that the people from Ukraine have, over several dacades made a lot of progress towards building a democratic country and good progress in developing their own country?

4. Can there be any justification for Putin's violent invasion of Ukraine?

5. Do you believe the countries surrounding Ukraine should be very frightened that if Putin does take over and totally control Ukraine with force then the surrounding countries will also be invaded with a violent Putin war to try to force them to be part of Russia by total intimidation and fear of death and torture etc?  

stephan seagle is in bed with image.jpeg.48ce284f48cf443d1974d5b9b01f1b4c.jpegpootin he loves his invasion

• Thumbs Up 1

so many are leaving the country it will have a massive depopulation problem along large numbers of dead males mostly in siberia,,now pootins turned his attenton to the unemployed and college students for cannon fodder

• Thumbs Up 1