Thailand welcomes Russian refugees

webfact

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

A huge uptake in Ed. Visas being purchased.............. 

Will there be another crackdown in Phuket and Pattaya on ILLEGAL visa extensions (ED visas and other NON-O visa extensions including those based on Retirement, Volunteer, etc.)? I wish there were, and this corruption scheme eradicated in Thailand.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, LittleBear57 said:

I don't blame them for escaping conscription and Putin's war in Ukraine,  but I hope they are not linked to crime or turn to it to support themselves financially. But they are NOT refugees, the Ukrainians are.

Ukrainian refugees have a better place to go, they are welcomed by Poland, Germany, France, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

You didn't see Ukrainian refugees in Europe driving Mercedes and BMWs?

Phuket, Pattaya, Europe. What's your point on a thraed about Thailand where this buying spree is pushing prices of condos and holiday villas, particularly in Phuket, sky high? 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, BangkokKnights said:

Russias currency is almost worthless abroad. How can they afford to travel? They must be distant eastern Russians coming here on cheap charter flights.

Really.....it is very close to where it was 5 years ago v USD and as far as THB is concerned it is 0.38 baht at TT exchange, been climbing a bit this month and is up on where it was about 5 years ago too. 

Anyhow, I think many arrive loaded up with USD.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

Need to start somewhere-sometime to break free of their unfortunate population propaganda poisoning......... 

Yes but I wouldn't have the courage. I rather think that the Russians are experts at seeing through their propaganda, better than we are at seeing through ours.

Well we all know where they are going too ☀ Phuket a  shame really  great place why dont they go to Pattaya way better  for them just like home in many ways. 

How are they going to support themselves wouldnt the Russian government freeze their  accounts for doing  a runner?? 

So if they have no or little income do they do what Ruskies do life of crime there's enough already in Thailand. 

Issue is the Thai government dont care as their as bad  they probably welcome it especially immigration more momey for them. 

Dont get me wrong  having to fight  a war is wrong but dont go to another country and <deleted>.. It for the  rest of us. 

• Like 1

I too like be refugee and stay Thailand without putting 800k in Thai bank stay long term visa l escaped Australia  need have Aussie pension falls below minimum amount as Thai base off America $ social security ! Do have thai friend always saying come here live she owns night market vendor stall ! that does not help us ! forced  to move & live Philippines coz of no visa or pension restrictions ! At moment still in Vietnam over monthly visa runs too expensive = approx $127 US per month via visa run company unlimited in & out of Vietnam by land or whatever as unlimited entry! After 6 months it's  costly visa runs,  will go back Phili to her dismay But she understands its about visa & all red tape in Thailand ! want claim refugee status in Thailand ???????????? so can stay with no hassle anything escape prison island Australia pre & post covid That alone is like escaping a war zone on  people via covid lockdowns   forced vaxx or could not leave , very obvious politicians had Phamacutical share + mask mandate + along woth 1%  all wealth transferred funny how it woks rob taxpayers give to wealthy & Phamacutical  company that Conscription  dont take no job no leave Your country ????

Edited by Mad mick
  • Haha 1

Thai cabinet approves draft extradition treaty with Russia

By Peter Roche

image.png

Russians in Phuket PHOTO: Russians 'flooding in" to Phuket - Reuters

On Tuesday, the Thai Cabinet greenlit a draft extradition treaty with Russia. This development comes as reports suggest that a growing number of Russians are heading to Thailand to avoid the economic and social fallout from the ongoing conflict with Ukraine. The treaty aims to facilitate collaboration between the two nations to suppress criminal activities.

Thai government spokesperson, Rachada Dhnadirek, affirmed that the extradition deal aligns with agreements Thailand already has in place with other countries.

According to Rachada, the treaty does not require the approval of the Parliament since it does not impact Thailand’s economy, society, territory, or trade and investment.

Full story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/thai-cabinet-approves-draft-extradition-treaty-with-russia/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-03-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Will there be another crackdown in Phuket and Pattaya on ILLEGAL visa extensions (ED visas and other NON-O visa extensions including those based on Retirement, Volunteer, etc.)? I wish there were, and this corruption scheme eradicated in Thailand.

Another crackdown, I don't recall the first one?

Not going to happen, Big Joke is concerned with Chinese Gray Businesses making billions of Baht?