Thailand welcomes Russian refugees

webfact

Just now, soalbundy said:

Easy to say when you wouldn't have to suffer the consequences.

Need to start somewhere-sometime to break free of their unfortunate population propaganda poisoning......... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

I sincerely doubt that any of these are in fear of being drafted to fight (and die) in Ukraine.  Residents of Moscow & St. Petersburg somehow aren't getting draft notifications.  Only the minority populations in far-away republics & oblasts are getting selected.

I think you are right there is this Mr Pootin doing his own ethnic cleansing? When you watch the video's with POW's in Ukraine you can see they are very different to the Russians here in Phuket, 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

My question would be, how do Russian people really view the conflict?

Like he said the society is very divided (based on my perception, I am not Russian). You can wqtch YouTube channel 1402 to get some idea. Many famous Russian Youtubers have fled the country and are showing how ridiculous their government is.

I am not going for whataboutism but how did American people view the Iraq war in the early 2000's? There are always people supporting and opposing any war.

I would say the usual poorly written Thai article, they not refugees. Some are genuine tourists and some are avoiding the conflict or maybe a bit of both, also some actually work in various industries. Who can blame them for not wanting to be part of the war and right now its cold in Russia and life is tough so if they can afford it why not come to sunny Thailand. Some are very nice people and others are undesirables!

Edited by paul1804

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:
1 hour ago, Cricky said:

Will they be given refugee privileges?

Thai nationality, PR etc.

That would upset a few on here, might be a need for an "outraged" emoji

Yes, that would give the moaners and complainers something to moan and complain about. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1