Is Thailand ready for EV,s

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Wish they would, (didn't read), state if the car fire was reported by the owner, or the police, after a 'stolen' car was found.  

1500+ sounds extremely high.  So do inspect your ICE for leaks.

OK, did read it, (slight edit) and just another EV hit piece.   ICE fires from crashes and poor maintenance, but the piece only talks about EVs.

With higher number of ICE fires, you'd think it would discuss inspection of fuel lines for leaks.

With a petrol ride you usually get a warning of a fire, if you can't smell a petrol leak, there is something wrong with your nose...

Different story with an EV.....????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, transam said:

With a petrol ride you usually get a warning of a fire, if you can't smell a petrol leak, there is something wrong with your nose...

Different story with an EV.....????

Apparently, you're making the assumption that first that occur in most have nothing to do with accidents. That seems to be a dubious assumption.

Edited by placeholder

31 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So I guess the ratio of 61 ICE fires  to 1 EV fire is insignificant

Depends on if you were sitting in the car or not, or your home garage was attached to your house charging.

As I said before, a petrol fire will give you warning of catastrophe, an EV battery, naaaaaaaaaah...????

On 3/17/2023 at 5:13 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

in the uk ev buyers are not  happy  as range anxiety is still as bad as ever even with  multiplying chargers everywhere..you cant go  carefree anywhere as you have to carefully plan each trip and cold weather affects batts to give less range ,you dare not turn on the heater or put your foot down

So what?  Isn't this about Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, transam said:

Depends on if you were sitting in the car or not, or your home garage was attached to your house charging.

As I said before, a petrol fire will give you warning of catastrophe, an EV battery, naaaaaaaaaah...????

But the question is how frequent are these spontaneous fires as opposed to ones caused by accidents. We do know , EVs are far far less likely to burn than ICE vehicles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

But the question is how frequent are these spontaneous fires as opposed to ones caused by accidents. We do know , EVs are far far less likely to burn than ICE vehicles. 

I think you are missing the/my point, but never mind....:cowboy:

Never seen an EV fire, though seen more than enough ICE fires.  They got LFP tech pretty much down to a science now.  They even have high temp resistant, and puncture proof (Blade) batteries.

No worries from me, and consider EVs much safer all the way around.  I'd much rather be in a serious EV crash, than an ICE crash.  If you have a nose that works, I'm sure you'd notice an EV's fumes if it was thinking about igniting, along with plenty of time to exit, carefully.  

Save the old, scary vids for ignorant people.  Most product failures in the 21st century are 'user error', or you shouldn't have bought the POS to begin with if you did any research.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Never seen an EV fire, though seen more than enough ICE fires.  They got LFP tech pretty much down to a science now.  They even have high temp resistant, and puncture proof (Blade) batteries.

No worries from me, and consider EVs much safer all the way around.  I'd much rather be in a serious EV crash, than an ICE crash.  If you have a nose that works, I'm sure you'd notice an EV's fumes if it was thinking about igniting, along with plenty of time to exit, carefully.  

Save the old, scary vids for ignorant people.  Most product failures in the 21st century are 'user error', or you shouldn't have bought the POS to begin with if you did any research.

"Ignorant people", eh, well you said it....................????

On 3/17/2023 at 10:13 AM, 3NUMBAS said:

in the uk ev buyers are not  happy  as range anxiety is still as bad as ever even with  multiplying chargers everywhere..you cant go  carefree anywhere as you have to carefully plan each trip and cold weather affects batts to give less range ,you dare not turn on the heater or put your foot down

I have a diesel car in which I’ve done 350miles in the last year, but I’ve done 39,000 miles in 2 years in my EV in UK. I’ve never charged my car other than at home on my home charger. 

I pay 5 pence per Kwh for electricity to charge the battery and get on average 4.5 miles per Kwh. 

In the summer I can get up to 310 miles from a full charge and around 275 in the winter. We have aircon on in summer and heating on, including heated seats and steering wheel in the winter. We drive on motorways at 70mph plus. 
I’ve never had range anxiety and regularly do round trips of 270 miles without stopping for a charge, as we have 68kwh battery and battery regeneration from the brakes gives me back up to 15%.

As for fires in the batteries, I don’t give it a second thought. 
When we come back to HH, we are thinking of getting another EV there. 

Most of those ???? stories are scaremongering by the fossil fuel industries, designed to scare those who can’t think for themselves, or people who have never had an EV and talk out of their ass. 

Edited by Dazkkk
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Dazkkk said:

I have a diesel car in which I’ve done 350miles in the last year, but I’ve done 39,000 miles in 2 years in my EV in UK. I’ve never charged my car other than at home on my home charger. 

That's why we didn't keep our MG ZS ICE, as much as we loved it (red), and wanted to keep it.   Did depreciate more than we expected, a wee bit, and if we were buying just to buy something newer, different, an ICE Pick-up for example, then we would have kept it.

But since going EV, I knew we would never use it, and the ฿฿฿ looks better under my pillow than ZS under the carport.

My wife was really surprised I bought the electric MB, as the Honda Wave sat in the carport for years, basically driving to fuel up, and put air in the tires.   Only kept as spare transport, JIC.   Occasionally run to 7-11 if feeling really lazy.

Seem to use the E-MB almost daily, weather permitting, when having the ZS ICE, and still use a few times a week after getting the ZS EV.  Dog and myself just enjoy riding it.

Most people aren't out & about that much, so range isn't a factor, just an excuse.  For the amount of money saved, if out & about a couple times a year, then the patience is well rewarded, and you really do need to stop for a break after 3 hrs on the road.

We'll be O&A a lot come rainy season, and half our yearly kms or more, are on the road, since everything we need on a daily basis is very close to house.  Retired, so no school or work runs.  Advantage of charging w/Solar, so really silly not to have an EV.

ICE vehicle sales as a whole were down last year, and more so this year already.  EVs getting ordered & registered ????

Can't wait for the day when I'm on the scooter, and don't curse the ahole in front of us, with the POS diesel we have to smell, or just regular fueled ICE exhaust.   And the same people complain about the air pollution.

• Like 1

https://www.am-online.com/news/used-cars/2023/03/13/dealers-avod-used-evs-as-values-become-too-volatile

Dealers avoid used EVs as values become 'too volatile'

13/03/2023 in Used Cars

Paul Burgess, CEO at Startline Motor Finance, said: “The dramatic fall in EV values in recent months has generated a lot of headlines in the motor industry and is clearly having a very real effect on whether dealers choose to stock these vehicles.

“This is understandable. Some popular models of EV have seen a double-digit percentage fall in values month on month and, for dealers, this can translate into potential losses of thousands of pounds on every vehicle. Not many dealers can afford to take those risks.

“Added to this, there is a widespread perception that EVs are slower to sell than petrol and diesel equivalents, which also makes stocking them less attractive. It’s undeniably a difficult period for the used EV market.”

Used EV prices fell by 15.3 percentage points between October 1, 2022, and January 31, 2023.

Edited by 3NUMBAS

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/electriccars/article-11779683/Owners-reveal-REAL-advantages-pitfalls-owning-electric-vehicle.html

Owners have revealed the advantages and disadvantages of owning an Electric Vehicle, as they open up about what they wish they knew before they purchased one.

This week, The Department for Transport (DfT) announced that thousands of new electric vehicle (EV) charge points are to be installed across England.

Following the roll out - which is being funded with £56m public and industry investment - many drivers will be left wondering whether it is worth switching their current vehicle to an EV.

For potential buyers, owning one also depends on their specific needs - what cars are available, what they can afford, how much they drive, the price of gas, where they live, for example.

And many electric vehicle users have taken to social media and chat forums to explain the advantages and disadvantages of owning an EV - as well as outlining what they wish they knew before buying one.

21 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/electriccars/article-11779683/Owners-reveal-REAL-advantages-pitfalls-owning-electric-vehicle.html

Owners have revealed the advantages and disadvantages of owning an Electric Vehicle, as they open up about what they wish they knew before they purchased one.

This week, The Department for Transport (DfT) announced that thousands of new electric vehicle (EV) charge points are to be installed across England.

Following the roll out - which is being funded with £56m public and industry investment - many drivers will be left wondering whether it is worth switching their current vehicle to an EV.

For potential buyers, owning one also depends on their specific needs - what cars are available, what they can afford, how much they drive, the price of gas, where they live, for example.

And many electric vehicle users have taken to social media and chat forums to explain the advantages and disadvantages of owning an EV - as well as outlining what they wish they knew before buying one.

I see you are till having a very hard time understanding the concept of topics about the UK are irrelevant to Thailand.

But hey ... TROLL ON