dry eye cure?

3NUMBAS

Maybe this applies to us both?

I have the same problem and also burning/itchy eyes.

Guess what?I went on a holiday in Europe and the next day my eyes were

fine!

Now being in Thailand where all the smog is the eye problem is also back.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can recommend this.  It also comes in a 0.3 solution also, but I haven't tried that.  The one pictured is 200 THB in our Big-C pharmacy. The 0.3 solution is around 350 THB. I can recommend this.  I use Natear which is basically saline solution (or just buy a big bottle of 0.9% saline and rinse your eyes first to get the grit out, let them dry out for 5 minutes of so, and then apply one or two drops of Hialid.  Best of luck.

s-l640-3648975274.jpeg.e82df4135a2d4ccfc4ee9d7bfb9a0ebc.jpeg

So PM 2.5 definitely plays a part in this, but the eye drops you use also play a part. Some of the cheaper brands are not as sticky, The stickiest ones I found and use and find very good is Vislube and at nights I use vidisic gel sometimes. They work out great!

• Like 1

How do you know it's Dry Eye?

There are a myriad of causes for watery eyes.

And there also are a myriad of reasons and cures for dry eyes.

Perhaps you need to give more information and  location as well.

Maybe Sheryl can recommend  the names of ophthalmologists in your area.

NevertheIess, I  would suggest you see will need to see an ophthalmologist and not try any ad hoc cures or remedies.

Edited by LosLobo

Can dry eyes be cured naturally?

Consume a healthy diet including Omega 3.

Omega-3 fatty acids, most commonly found in fish and flax seeds, have been proven to decrease symptoms of dry eyes. Omega-3 reduces inflammation in the eyes and enables increased tear quantity as well as quality!
1 Jun 2020

just found this

blimey it gets worse

What is the main cause of dry eyes?

Image result for dry eye cure

Common causes of decreased tear production include: Aging. Certain medical conditions including Sjogren's syndrome, allergic eye disease, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, graft vs. host disease, sarcoidosis, thyroid disorders or vitamin A deficiency.

15 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

doc says its dry eye cos tear ducts not working ,then they over compensate

I suggest that the overcompensation of the tear ducts is due to the common dry eye cause, Blepharitis ie inflammation of eye lid glands, also known as Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. This is a problem where the eye lid glands that normally secret lipid or oily lubrication are blocked.

This can be caused by irritation from bacteria etc. Demonex a miniscule mite that infects the eyes lashes with feces etc, is common. Hygiene of eye lids is important , warm wet flannels, Q- tips etc.

The wax that blocks the glands has a melting point of 42 C so warm water is key. Be careful not to burn your skin.

An antibiotic can be helpful, I treated my Demodex with 0.01% hypochlorous acid and used  a basic carmellose eye drop for lubrication. I found hyaluronic acid lubricants problematic as they caused me a lot of irritation and discomfort.

I now only use Optimel,  a Manuka eye drop once a day,  its an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and a lubricant. after 5 years of trying dry eye preparations.

I am surprised your doctor did not give you more assistance with your dry eye.

I found most GP's don't have a slit-lamp/ biomicroscope and are unable to fully diagnose eye problems.

Consulting a competent  ophthalmologist is key.

Edited by LosLobo