success entering when on long stay visa with re-entry permit

On a edu visa currently and my agent will do a re entry permit for me. Is there still a sweat when re entering on a current visa with re entry permit? Higher success chance of not getting pulled aside compared to coming on a fresh edu or toursit, exempt etc or is it the exact same? My agent been telling me to reconsider and just stay for the entire validity of my visa to avoid any hassle just want to gauge the risk.

My personal stay history been here about 5 years on various visas ( like every kind you can obtain) I'm retired but under 50.

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly you are not studying Thai language.

To exit and reenter with permit is possible.

This question comes up when some folks with non Ed need to exit and reenter.

Normally for short periods such as couple of weeks.

Even then it's recommended that you have letter from school. 

I agree with your agent.

See out current visa and then consider next move. 

BTW find this statement weird.

"My personal stay history been here about 5 years on various visas ( like every kind you can obtain) I'm retired but under 50"

So here 5 years and this is your first post!!

Serious. 

If here that long you would know answers to your post. 

Yes I'm well versed on visa runs , first time trying to re enter when on a current visa and don't really ever see this get asked on any forum hence making an account to ask

With every other kind of permission to stay, leaving and returning with a re-entry permit is 100% fine. With a permission to stay based on studying, an absence for a significant period of time is a big red flag as far as immigration is concerned. They question how a genuine student can miss classes for that length of time without it seriously affecting the ability to complete the course of study. If you have something from the school to show that your education will not be impacted by the absence, you should be fine. Without that, you would be at severe risk. If wanting to risk it anyway, rather than entering through an airport, use a land crossing such as the Friendship Bridge at Vientiane/Nong Khai for the return.