Wise transfer alternatives

Wirebarley 

Western union (if you do online not cash)

Remitly I used once fine. Then they wanted loads of documents more than just the usual kyc and way too many personal questions. Like everything last thing detail about my wife. Was really weird. Never used after that. 

PandaRemit 

They are all ones that I've used and work fine. Take your pick. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Gaccha said:

Companies of a similar mode to Wise are TorFX and OFX. 

Used OFX many times / many years. Great service. Affiliated with Macquarie Bank in Austrlia, one of Australias most progressive banks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I got the Wise app to transfer from US Bank to Thailand Bank. Provide details of each bank account. But when I first used to transfer from US to Thailand. Wise required repeat of all US Bank details to confirm my identity? That made no sense to me to repeat the details online and emailed to ask for other means to confirm identity, ie., text code to registered phone, etc. Response as typical from Wise is look at their FAQ for answer that fits your question. So I'm looking elsewhere, maybe OFX? My longstay visa does not required documen- tation of foreign transfers.

11 hours ago, KannikaP said:

What issues?

Alternatives are SWIFT, Revolut and others.

Depends if you need it to show as a Foreign Transfer for Mr IO.

Yes, what issues have you had with Wise?

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Yes, what issues have you had with Wise?

None whatsoever. Regular transfer to Bkk Bank every month showing as FTT.

Transfers to Dubai go through almost instantly.

SKRILL is easy to join and easy to use.  Delivery is quick and often near instantaneous.  You can send from a debit card or a credit card.  Maybe not the cheapest but very reliable.

9 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

Western union has a terrible exchange rate  making it expensive to transfer funds

Unless no exchange us involved.

It us the most economical way to srnd USD from USA to Cambodia.

Family members use it all the time. 

10 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I got the Wise app to transfer from US Bank to Thailand Bank. Provide details of each bank account. But when I first used to transfer from US to Thailand. Wise required repeat of all US Bank details to confirm my identity? That made no sense to me to repeat the details online and emailed to ask for other means to confirm identity, ie., text code to registered phone, etc. Response as typical from Wise is look at their FAQ for answer that fits your question. So I'm looking elsewhere, maybe OFX? My longstay visa does not required documen- tation of foreign transfers.

Iregistered with OFX years back. They only wanted basic information. But I should mention the initial reason to register with OFX to transfer funds from Australia to Thailand.

Maybe to other regions they ask for more personal details?

I'm sayin that because I recently tried to transfer using the K Bank online(K Biz - 0nline internet banking) to transferfunds Thailand to Europe (Lithuania), K Bank instantly asked for full details of the benfifiary and then more details.

I called the K Bank call center, the officer nstantly understod what I was talking about and shared:

- All Thai banks are now required  (by more serious Bank of Thailand regulaions) to look for 'flags' that transfers being set up to go to many countries (including many in Europe are not in some way connected to cryptocurrency. If the 'flag' is strong or if it identifes actual/real links to cryptocurreny then the bank must block the transfer / fail the transfer, and no further discussion available.

17 hours ago, Seeall said:

wise support is apalling... beyond reading help files which we all can do...

Not so. You can phone Wise and speak to a rep.  Called them once about an issue (on their end) last year, which was preventing my transfers. Got straight thru to a helpful young lady in The US and she checked on it. Told me to give it a couple days to remedy and she was correct. The US number is still correct. Just verified it...tho they are closed on weekends. Not sure about the UK number. 

PSX_20230319_081010.thumb.png.2f05388a159cbbd5526869609083ac3c.png

• 8 months later...
On 3/18/2023 at 7:26 AM, CapraIbex said:

How do the OFX/WISE transfer fees compare?

I used to use OFX. Any transfers over $10,000 AUD there are no fees. The downside is the exchange is poor compare to Wise. You can pay any amount up to 500 baht when it arrives at the Bangkok Bank depending on the amount you send. I used to have an SCB bank account and they used to charge me an additional 200 baht. I changed to Bangkok bank and Wise

I've have two transactions, one large, one small, with the status "We are unable to give you an update at the moment." for almost 24 hours now.

- Not receiving their auto-response help emails either.

They are usually fair to good, so hopefully they may just be having "a moment".

Edited by fondue zoo

5 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I've have two transactions, one large, one small, with the status "We are unable to give you an update at the moment." for almost 24 hours now.

- Not receiving their auto-response help emails either.

They are usually fair to good, so hopefully they may just be having "a moment".

I had the same message when I paid for a transfer on Friday. It still arrived in my bank on Friaday at 1400. I also received an email when the money was received and sent,

2 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I had the same message when I paid for a transfer on Friday. It still arrived in my bank on Friaday at 1400. I also received an email when the money was received and sent,

Yes, I processed a transaction on Saturday and it was completed inside 10 minutes.