Is anyone interested in adopting puppies?

AmySukwan

11 minutes ago, Denim said:

When a stray bitch adopted us the very first thing we did was spay her and then the female puppy as soon as was recommended. Do not want any more puppies . Get it done and do everybody a favor. Cheaper in the long run too.

Duly noted

• Like 1

Here a female will be having her 3rd nest in about 60 days again.

First one i didnt see, second i experienced 11 pups, I loved really four form that nest, but there was an end and pups were "kidnapped", not even 10 weeks. Some one complained and they were taken somewhere. And now again it starts all over, however will not see them. It is about time to go "home".

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Why hasn't the owner had the dog spayed after the previous 7 (or before the 7 even better)?

900,000 dogs in Thailand don't have owners......and the rest only have a crude, uncaring relationship with what passes for ownership.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Here a female will be having her 3rd nest in about 60 days again.

First one i didnt see, second i experienced 11 pups, I loved really four form that nest, but there was an end and pups were "kidnapped", not even 10 weeks. Some one complained and they were taken somewhere. And now again it starts all over, however will not see them. It is about time to go "home".

A bit cryptic and I hope not with these guys!

I only do one at a time, and in no hurry for another, as that would mean my best friend & therapist has passed on.   Something I try not to even think about. 

Last one that passed suddenly, threw me for a loop, though did have 2 yrs of S, D & RR to get through it.  

Edited by KhunLA

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

900,000 dogs in Thailand don't have owners......and the rest only have a crude, uncaring relationship with what passes for ownership.

Not applicable here.

She knows the amount of pups in the dog's previous litter.

So: She knows or knew the owner/It's hers but she hasn't spayed it/It's a soi dog but she hasn't spayed it.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, AmySukwan said:

Maybe they want to start an animal rescue charity!

I believe you do have your own rescue charity which makes your conduct even stranger.

Are you against spaying and neutering dogs and cats?

That's normally the main thing urged by animal care agencies.

"Communities spend millions of taxpayer dollars each year coping with problems that a failure to spay and neuter causes. The one-time cost of spaying or neutering is far lower than the expense involved in rounding up strays, feeding and housing abandoned animals, and euthanizing those for whom homes can’t be found."

https://www.peta.org/issues/animal-companion-issues/overpopulation/spay-neuter/

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I believe you do have your own rescue charity which makes your conduct even stranger.

Are you against spaying and neutering dogs and cats?

That's normally the main thing urged by animal care agencies.

That's always the main thing urged by animal rescue organizations. To secure funding you must talk about the urgent problem of dog and cat overpopulation and be committed to sterilization and vaccination and covertly euthanizing unwanted animals, who as we all know are going to have terrible lives otherwise. Due to a combination of factors both financial but also related to a lot to Covid closures (also I was in America for a while) a natural experiment of sorts opened up. Other than this massive litter of pups the results have been surprisingly benign. More than benign actually I'm starting to wonder about the cats next door. One queen seems absolutely infertile eg I have never seen her go into heat. One has a milk insufficiency problem her kittens never made it and she always moved them when I did find them, making it impossible for me to help them along. Is it something in the air?  

7 minutes ago, AmySukwan said:

I'm starting to wonder about the cats next door. One queen seems absolutely infertile eg I have never seen her go into heat. One has a milk insufficiency problem her kittens never made it and she always moved them when I did find them, making it impossible for me to help them along. Is it something in the air?  

Why aren't you spaying them?

Edited by JimmyJ

On 3/26/2023 at 5:47 PM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Aww, I see it's time for a puppy thread. Here are mine. Pic's about a year old, so they're now about 2. Mom and dad made these 5, so now we have 7 dogs.

When they were young I pleaded with the wife to give some away, but it wasn't happening. Now we're stuck with em. Some are going out to the farm eventually. Rather than spaying/neutering, a guy in the village gives them periodic injections to stop pregnancy, or not want the boom boom.

IMG_20220702_142144.jpg

They look well cared for. good job. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ross163103 said:

I took in this pup from a temple, tore up our house quite a bit......but did get a dog off the street and gave it a good home. Her body eventually caught up with her ears.....5555 And before anyone asks, yes, she's spayed.

Screenshot_20200515-214120_LINE.jpg

20190810_105600.png

Screenshot_20210726-192336_LINE.png

She's pretty!

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1