Land Property Tax

scubascuba3

26 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

End of April they told me in May...

the daft thing is, in the initial correspondence they say everyone should go to Pattaya City Hall, so a lot of time being wasted there so not surprising they are behind

I asked feb 2023 about this tax. Then was told april to july is the payment time.

23.4 i asked again and i received details how much to pay. I paid, send my transfer receipts and i was told that their receipts will arrive within 2 weeks. 11.5 i received receipts to my line.

Edited by thaitero

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Just received the bill with tax amount and paid via bank app scan, easy

I got it here in Pattaya a week ago. You have to be patient. I always think if I should try to get a yellow book to avoid taxes. But when I factor in that effort to get one... I think it does not make sense anymore at my age even if I am not that old.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 5:03 PM, connda said:

Whatever you're paying, it's peanuts compared to the US.

Last year it was some ridiculously small amount.  I'm not complaining.

In Oz a small town an hour outside of Melbourne the yearly tax (called rates) is about 60k baht. But that includes garbage collection . bONUS!

41 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I got it here in Pattaya a week ago. You have to be patient. I always think if I should try to get a yellow book to avoid taxes. But when I factor in that effort to get one... I think it does not make sense anymore at my age even if I am not that old.

even at my youngish age getting a yellow book isn't worth the grief

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just received the bill with tax amount and paid via bank app scan, easy

Glad to hear that, I still haven't received anything from them, no initial correspondence and no bill. My Thai handyman told me that he went to City Hall to get the bill, but to my mind that's like a turkey asking the farmer how long it is until Christmas Day, lol. I'm never going near that merdehole on North Pattaya Road again if I can avoid it.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Glad to hear that, I still haven't received anything from them, no initial correspondence and no bill. My Thai handyman told me that he went to City Hall to get the bill, but to my mind that's like a turkey asking the farmer how long it is until Christmas Day, lol. I'm never going near that merdehole on North Pattaya Road again if I can avoid it.

they are very helpful on Line and message in English fine, ID Line @taxincomepattaya

I agree life is too short to go to their office

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

For those who received their tax bill, is there a "pay by" date?

Appears to be August. Just send them a line message if you haven't received anything by end of June. Include name, address and chanote number\s

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Appears to be August. Just send them a line message if you haven't received anything by end of June. Include name, address and chanote number\s

Thanks. I'm not in Thailand right now so mine's probably in my mailbox.  Back in August so that's good, time to pay

• 3 months later...

I finally got around to paying my Condo tax. As I missed the discount date the 'scan to pay' was rejected so I had to go to City Hall to pay.

Arrived at 10:41, waved my Tax paper to lady who took me to counter to check computer record. She then sent me to pay window. 10:45 all finished.

Funny thing was my paper said pay 1144 and they charged me 1088 (was 971 if paid earlier).

All too efficient as I then had to wait 10 minutes for Terminal 21 to open ????