Naughty foreigners record 180 criminal charges this year in Phuket

webfact

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I'm amazed that this rather significant point has been overlooked - it isn't mentioned anywhere in the comments or even the opening article. To invent a law enforcement system after being inspired by the recent World Cup tournament is not much different to printing up "go directly to jail" cards after a stimulating game of Monopoly. 

spot on mate , I laughed out loud,   Years ago me and a few mates used to joke about designing a monopoly type game based on life here ,     "buffalo sick pay 2000bt"    once you had bought nana , patpong, and cowboy you could start building brothels etc etc     

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bundooman said:

and the fog-horn voices! (Halo polite, naturally).????

Americans?   North, Latin or South Americans, there are about 37 Countries in the Americas.  Many languages and tonal dialects.  Including the accents of Brits, Aussies, Kiwis and Euro people who have immigrated there.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

why do you want me to waste more time reading it twice, it won't change anything, no drugs mentioned, or motorcycles or drowning or alcohol, 

I only suggested that you read it once,  Drugs are not mentioned at all, you appear to have a fixation.. Even a link on the page that you provided the link to says Illness and natural causes

There maybe is reason why a few more aussies die here than anywhere else  but it is  probably  nothing to do with it being more dangerous, and nothing to do with the fictional reasons you insist on mentioning.   Although bearing in mind its proximity to Thailand it might just have something to do with the number of Aussies who choose to visit here and the age at which they choose to retire here

Don't bother replying with that link again , i'm not reading it for you again

5 minutes ago, NORDO said:

Americans?   North, Latin or South Americans, there are about 37 Countries in the Americas.  Many languages and tonal dialects.  Including the accents of Brits, Aussies, Kiwis and Euro people who have immigrated there.

Nobody mentioned "The Americas"  and nobody refers to the inhabitants there as Americans .  Anyway the ones you mention  that have moved there are definitely  not Americans, if you put a pig in a stable does it become a horse? Of course not

No need to try to deflect from what was originally meant . We all know what a loud Yank sounds like

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

"You are either prejudiced or you aren't, and you show you are."

preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

"prejudice against people from different backgrounds"

Are you saying that you can distinguish "Preconceived opinion", from "postconceived opinion".

How do you do that???6

If you read his posts, you can tell by his words how he feels. Unless of course he's being a troll.

19 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Isn't "sexploitation" what many farangs of all nationalities do here, both as expats and tourists? Or is it limited to Americans? My, that sounds like a prejudiced statement, as well as the other posters, which includes emoticons, to try and buffer the insult. Doesn't work. Again, Americans, and their ancestors, come from your countries also. Think!

So you don't deny the drug trafficking, then? Ha!

1 hour ago, transam said:

And you teach English.................????

only by virtue of the fact that he is a native speaker allegedly,  Probably as an unqualified and unpaid teaching assistant limited to assisting with pronunciation, like most of them here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

What a ridiculous statement, Do you actually believe that when an immigrant to the USA gets their green card they actually change their accent and personality ?  Do you not know what a loud yank sounds like ?  You need to get out more, ideally supervised by a responsible  adult.

Another one assuming they know someone from a few typed words. If you actually knew me and what I'm about, you wouldn't respond with such ignorant statements. Did I say anything about an immigrant changing their accent and personality? No, so where did you get this from? I'm 66, and know full well what a loud Yank, Brit, Black, Mexican, Asian, Australian, South American, German, Irish, Welsh, and most every other country's people sound like when they are loud, drunk and happy. You seem to assume what others know or have experienced. Perhaps it is you that needs a responsible adult to teach you etiquette and restraint, because your parents seemed to have failed in that regard. It amazes me how many here make such foolish, or worse, statements and that others actually like them.

3 hours ago, Ginner said:

So you don't deny the drug trafficking, then? Ha!

No, I was very aware of what goes on here 20 years before I ever thought about moving here. Thailand has a very bad drug problem, especially with meth users, and is a large center for human trafficking as well.  This is a major reason I will move back home, with my daughter, as soon as possible.

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2023 at 5:27 AM, 2baht said:

Damn foreigners, ban them all from coming and corrupting and damaging Thailands pristine image! They don't need tourists, do they??? ????

Like the girls on dating apps squeezing you for more cash.. then you say ohhh give me your account, so I can send cash and so we dont even have to meet...  ahhh great idea and she quickly sends her account number...

so thats the same thing, give me the cash and go away....

try it, its funny and sad at the same time..  shows the truth but...

19 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I call b/s on all of that,   and you would need to produce some actual figures if you wish to retain any credibility

It was only a few years ago that Thailand was considered to be one of the most dangerous places to visit.  I visited Thailand, for the first time, on the tail end of that.

and I don't think it was on the "Most Dangerous" list because of crime.  Easy to get hurt, or killed, in other ways.

I seem to remember "falling" from balconies was very common at the time.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:13 AM, bob smith said:

why anyone would want to go to Phuket for a holiday is beyond me.

One of the best places in southern Thailand. Has better food, more things to do, cheaper hotels than anywhere else in the south.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/27/2023 at 7:13 AM, bob smith said:

why anyone would want to go to Phuket for a holiday is beyond me.

Have you ever been to Phuket ?

IF so, when ?

Timing is everything.

Edited by KhunLA

3 hours ago, Seeall said:

Like the girls on dating apps squeezing you for more cash.. then you say ohhh give me your account, so I can send cash and so we dont even have to meet...  ahhh great idea and she quickly sends her account number...

so thats the same thing, give me the cash and go away....

try it, its funny and sad at the same time..  shows the truth but...

You sound pretty green!

Off topic posts about Hitler, anti-semitism, and others have been removed as this topic is about:

Naughty foreigners record 180 criminal charges this year in Phuket

Edit:  Some more off topic posts of a personal bickering nature have been removed.

Edited by metisdead
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 9:32 PM, ukrules said:

A small price to pay for propping the economy up, they should be proud it's not in the 1000's.

The price paid for visa-free travel. Many of these people would've been weeded out by a visa system that does a criminal record check, many would be crims where they come from. An old acquaintance and long term resident admits that he used to deal heroin in America, he's now a school teacher in Thailand.

Edited by Andrew65