Fox’s ‘News’ Division Refused to Promote Tucker Carlson’s Jan. 6 Tape B.S.: Report

onthedarkside

image.png.566243e72d243d30088940e9a8fe9224.png

The internal tension between some of Fox News’ biggest names has been made public in recent weeks — and it seems that some staffers are now willing to dish on what exactly has been going on behind the scenes.

According to a report from Mediaite, many of the network’s hosts and employees are becoming increasingly hostile toward the network’s biggest star, Tucker Carlson.

Sources indicated to Mediaite that no one at the network “has control” over Carlson, and staff outside of the channel’s “entertainment” programming have begun refusing to cover his primetime exploits, including his absurd rewriting of the Jan. 6 riot in the U.S. Capitol.

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-division-refused-promote-194810720.html

image.png.d9c5569580ef89fa1e99277e4184ea45.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You don't think it's a story that Carlson's own network won't have anything to do with his "documentary"? But thanks for not sharing with us your reasoning. Maybe because there was none?

Anyhting that makes the far right look bad is a non story.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

When I read lines like this: 'Sources indicated to Mediaite that no one at the network “has control” over Carlson' I just stop right there. This writer just churns out similar garbage all the time.

Garbage like this?

In Fox Corporation's view, it doesn't matter what Rupert Murdoch does or doesn't think about what goes on at Fox News, because he doesn't exercise granular editorial control at Fox News. Fox Corporation shouldn't be involved in Dominion's lawsuit at all, the company argues.

Under ordinary corporate law and Supreme Court precedent stemming from New York Times v. Sullivan — the granddaddy of libel law in the US — a parent company isn't automatically liable for the companies underneath it.

"The assumption has always been that it has to be the creator of the story who must know that it is false in order to support a judgment under the Sullivan standard," Frederick Schauer, a First Amendment scholar and a professor at the University of Virginia School of Law, told Insider.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/rupert-murdoch-testified-that-fox-news-hosts-lied-about-the-2020-election-heres-why-it-wasnt-a-misstep/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Credo said:

You will 'stop right there', but you will listen to a Trump speech with endless lies.  Interesting and quite selective.  

How the flock do you know what I listen to?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

Sources indicated to Mediaite that no one at the network “has control” over Carlson

That's blatantly obvious considering the utter rubbish that comes out of his mouth!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, I read about her. Media Matters!! Right. This constant political bias does not constitute true journalism. 

I suppose the proof is in the pudding. Did the news part of the station promote Tucker's claims or not. If they felt Tucker had completed fair and balanced good journalism - ha ha - I am sure they would have

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I suppose the proof is in the pudding. Did the news part of the station promote Tucker's claims or not. If they felt Tucker had completed fair and balanced good journalism - ha ha - I am sure they would have

If you see good journalism as being fair and balanced then fine. I wasn't commenting on Tucker's 'claims' but Nikki's obvious permanent bias, which in this case is only backed up by with lines like "sources indicated".  

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

When I read lines like this: 'Sources indicated to Mediaite that no one at the network “has control” over Carlson' I just stop right there. This writer just churns out similar garbage all the time.

And this says what about the main story that not even Fox's own news department will feature Carlson's documentary? A fact which you apparently believe isn't significant.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

And this says what about the main story that not even Fox's own news department will feature Carlson's documentary? A fact which you apparently believe isn't significant.

Read my post above.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

If you see good journalism as being fair and balanced then fine. I wasn't commenting on Tucker's 'claims' but Nikki's obvious permanent bias, which in this case is only backed up by with lines like "sources indicated".  

I must have missed something. Is there some indication that she lied in the article?

New information about it:

Here's what Fox News was trying to hide in its Dominion lawsuit redactions

"Ten days after the 2020 election, Fox News' so-called Brain Room looked into conspiracy theories that Dominion Voting Systems had rigged the presidential election against Donald Trump.

The fact-checking and research division of the network came back with a clear decision: Those claims were false. But the misinformation went on the air anyway."

(There are other interesting facts in the article)

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-trying-hide-dominion-221900303.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1