Nashville school shooting updates: 3 kids, 3 adults killed; female suspect dead

Scott

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She actually blamed the "gun-free laws", that he hypocritically supported, that ensure school children have no such protection while Biden does have that protection afforded by guns.

This happened in Nashville. Tennessee does not require a permit to carry a firearm, whether openly or concealed. If you want to carry a gun openly or concealed in public in Tennessee, you don't need a permit. As of July 1, 2021, Tennessee is a permit-less carry state. 

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually it was a biological woman who identifies as a man. However it was the guns that killed people not the sex.

It was actually a woman using and controlling guns that killed, not the guns.  You're illogical argument, however, would have been more accurate if you posted that "it was bullets that killed people", not "the sex", nor "the guns"!

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It was actually a woman using and controlling guns that killed, not the guns.  You're illogical argument, however, would have been more accurate if you posted that "it was bullets that killed people", not "the sex", nor "the guns"!

My argument was that it does not matter what sex the person identified. The cold blooded murders happened and the choice of weapon was assault rifles and a handgun

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This happened in Nashville. Tennessee does not require a permit to carry a firearm, whether openly or concealed. If you want to carry a gun openly or concealed in public in Tennessee, you don't need a permit. As of July 1, 2021, Tennessee is a permit-less carry state. 

Licencing of guns wasn't my argument.  Are you saying that firearms are permitted, legally, in Tennessee's schools?  They're not.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Licencing of guns wasn't my argument.  Are you saying that firearms are permitted, legally, in Tennessee's schools?  They're not.

It’s a short step from a public area into a school.

Well done.  I know that.

• Sad 1

GOP lawmakers will offer their usual thoughts and prayers and a whole lot of deflections including absurd solutions until the next mass shootings. If they don't see the lunacy in this, you might not only have a problem, they are the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well done.  I know that.

Did you also know that:

"under federal law, an individual who possesses an Enhanced Handgun Carry Permit issued by the State of Tennessee would be permitted to possess a firearm in a school zone located in Tennessee. Additionally, under the Gun-Free School Zones Act, a person without a license issued by the state in which the school zone is located who is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm may possess a firearm in a school zone so long as the firearm is unloaded and either locked in a container or locked in a firearm rack inside a vehicle, similar to the Tennessee State law exception."

https://www.uslawshield.com/tennessee-gun-law/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Wow.  I was about to say it's unusual for a woman to do something like this.

Unusual but has occurred.

I just watched a crime doc series about this the other night. Never knew it occurred until watching that show. And that girl was 16!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Elementary_School_shooting_(San_Diego)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well done.  I know that.

Did you also know that:

"under federal law, an individual who possesses an Enhanced Handgun Carry Permit issued by the State of Tennessee would be permitted to possess a firearm in a school zone located in Tennessee. Additionally, under the Gun-Free School Zones Act, a person without a license issued by the state in which the school zone is located who is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm may possess a firearm in a school zone so long as the firearm is unloaded and either locked in a container or locked in a firearm rack inside a vehicle, similar to the Tennessee State law exception."

https://www.uslawshield.com/tennessee-gun-law/

Yes, I did, I can read just as well as you can and that law does not relate to the circumstances of this school incident. Did your quoting that have any point relevant to my comments?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

8 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Unusual but has occurred.

I just watched a crime doc series about this the other night. Never knew it occurred until watching that show. And that girl was 16!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Elementary_School_shooting_(San_Diego)

Interesting, thanks.

A difficult upbringing, poverty, head injury, mental illness.  Looks a little masculine from the photo. ????

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What sex?

Oh you mean gender.

Don't think the sex of the person is confirmed whatever they call em,  just thought being a Catholic school and the Catholics position on sex would be the motive for the attack.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I did, I can read just as well as you can and that law does not relate to the circumstances of this school incident. Did your quoting that have any point relevant to my comments?

Your comments were (my high lighting)

"Are you saying that firearms are permitted, legally, in Tennessee's schools?  They're not."

My link shows you that's not entirely true, there are exceptions.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1