Six in 10 Americans don't want Trump to be president again: 2024 poll

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Do you refer to all US politicians by their disability?

Do you suggest instead of their names, Governors Greg Abbott and George Wallace and President Franklin Roosevelt should be referenced as "the crippled guys"?

You can use any name that you want, you don't have to ask me whether you should or not, that's entirely up to you 

Pretending that:

1) Abortion is not going to be a major issue in the election

2) That Republicans are not at a substantial disadvantage on this issue in every poll -partic in swing states

-Is simple disingenuous bad faith arguing dressed up as obtuseness.

They are like the dog that caught the car. They've used abortion to keep a segment of single issue voters in their column forever.

Now the much larger majority of voters who disagree are going to punish them for that -many of whom are moderate republicans.

We saw it in the midterms with the Dems keeping the senate because of it. With all of the state-level restrictions being attempted, we'll see it much more dramatically in the next election. 

Some anti-abortion politicians did win in very red states, but not in purple states. The purple states will decide the election.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

We can judge the moral quality of people by their choices. Thanks for sharing one of yours with us.

It will be a left or right choice, and it's only the left that think the left has the moral high ground. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You're the person who introduced the bizarre Jesus analogy. 2 Baht's comment just shows how ridiculous it is.

He needs to take responsibility for his own comments and accepted that he wished death on a person . 

Wasn't me who did that 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It will be a left or right choice, and it's only the left that think the left has the moral high ground. 

I don't know why you think making fun of someone's on account of a speech impediment is a left or right choice.  Are you claiming that mocking someone on account of a speech impediment is okay on the right?

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Or maybe you need to stop making comments that deserve mockery. I didn't think it was possible to one-up Trump on his "most innocent" claim, but you managed to do it.

Its perfectly acceptable to liken two people together and point out their similarities 

It is unacceptable  to wish death on people 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

You don't understand. He's using Trump based math in which "fewer voters" means a majority.  And the fewer you have, the greater the majority. Provided they're Trump voters. When considered that way, that 38% means Trump has a virtual lock on the Presidency come the next elections.

Don’t know about that but I do know about the electoral college system were the less populous states have a path to skew the election towards trump that friends is where the perils to our democracy lay oh and (Mac) fortunately there are fates worse than death hopefully ???? you know who shares one of them in payment for damages done and the squandering of the incredible gifts that life gave him

When 11 million of your voters depart from your party registration, you can assume they're more likely to be in the more moderate purple states, rather than deep red states.

Typically, the purple states have more electoral votes than the red states. I predict AZ and GA go blue again. The repubs only hope is a civil war with trans people.

• Haha 1