Six in 10 Americans don't want Trump to be president again: 2024 poll

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Are you getting confused with Trump being "pilloried for" and him posting and promulgating fake news?

The polls did not factor in that Putin was really Trump's running partner.

Paul Manafort Exclusive: I Gave Trump Campaign Polling Data to Russian Associate (googleusercontent.com)

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808).

If you tell the truth you only need to remember the truth which is one thing.

When you start to tell lies you need to remember each person who you told each lie too and what other lies that went with it.

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

Putin was behaving himself? He continued funding the civil in Ukraine..  While Trump for months illegally refused to provide armaments to Ukraine to battle Putin and the separatists. 

Did Kim stop developing nuclear weapons while Trump was President?

Despite what history shows us. there are still lots of folks who believe that the USA has the power to control the actions of other nations. And if somehow some adverse event occurs, it's because of some failure on the part of whoever the current President happens to be.

And who was it that allowed Putin to take Donbass and Crimea to start with, who never supplied arms to Ukraine and who dismantled part of missile defense? 

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You seem to specialize in making generalizations that while they can't be prove false, are innately trivial. Given that there are hundreds of millions of Americans it's virtually a certainty that Republican presidents have been called Hitler.

And I'm sure that by the same light, every Democratic President has been called Stalin or Mao or something similar. What's your point?

I'm talking about media, not individuals. 

And of course Biden has been making gaffes since he was young. Maybe you think slips of the tongue or occasional forgetting  are a way of evaluating a President's grasp on policy. In fact, it's Republicans who focus on the slip-ups and not the speeches in their entirety.

I seem to remember Bush 2 being hounded and held up as a fool every time he made a little gaff, through both terms and in fact called a monkey by the media. 

His talks are certainly a lot more rational and more factual than another ex-President I could name. In fact, aides to a previous president were frequently shocked by how ignorant he was and persisted in being so.

And,as far as I know though, there's only been one major President who repeats the same lies and the same vicious insults over and over again. He even led the bizarre movement that questioned whether or not a previous President was native born. No, I'm just kidding about that. Because that would be unbelievable, right?

Quite a few lies from another (not to be mentioned) President about how his wife died, about how his son died, about his other son's business, about Corn-Pop and about any number of other things. 

But none of this really matters to me, as I like what President Trump did and tried to do, and I hate what President Biden has done and is trying to do. You don't I get it, but let's not pretend it's something it's not. 

• Sad 3
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Obama has been too cautious about Russia  and did not perceive the extent of the threat. It was a big mistake.

At least, unlike Trump, he did not approve the invasion of Crimea.

"Within weeks, Trump praised Putin for how he handled the takeover of Crimea and predicted that “the rest of Ukraine will fall … fairly quickly.” Echoing Kremlin propaganda, Trump said in a TV interview that the Crimean people “would rather be with Russia,” a position he also pushed in private. One of his 2016 campaign aides falsely claimed that “Russia did not seize Crimea.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/26/politics/trump-putin-ukraine/index.html

When did Trump take office?

Who was it refused to provide arms to Ukraine? 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What do you mean by allow? Do you think American forces should have entered the fray?

Yes, Obama could have done more.  On the other hand, he didn't illegally refuse for months to send arms  to Ukraine that were authorized by legislation. It was only after extreme bipartisan Congressional pressure and a request from Trump to investigate Hunter Biden and his likely political opponent, Joe Biden. And Obama certainly never said, unlike Trump, that he would considering recognizing Russia's annexation of Crimea. Such actions and comments on Trump's part must have left Putin shaking in his boots.

No, the Obama administration refused to send arms altogether. 

And the scrapped missile defense program would be nice to have now, think? 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Are you saying that the Left wing media is authoring Trump's tweets? No wonder they so frequently sounded insane. No genuinely rationaly person could ever compose such lunacy. Shame on those lefties!

Trump sent out some idiotic tweets no doubt. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When did Trump take office?

Who was it refused to provide arms to Ukraine? 

1. It doesn't matter. That's what he said at the time of the annexion. After he became President, he also initially did not rule out recognising the annexion.

2. It was a big mistake, as I wrote before.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Are you sure the scrapped missile defense program would have been better than the one implemented by Obama?

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/11/politics/nato-missile-defense-romania-poland/index.html

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The Obama Administration did send military aid to Ukraine. But not weaponry.  And I see  you have no answer your claim that Obama "allowed" Russia to enter Ukraine.

And yes Obama should have gone ahead with the missile program. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

And who was it that allowed Putin to take Donbass and Crimea to start with, who never supplied arms to Ukraine and who dismantled part of missile defense? 

Hind sight is always 20 20 obviously we all wish Obama had done more that doesn’t matter now,at least mr Obama didn’t try to extort a foreign nation for false reasons to slander a political opponents son like your trump.we are not now or then at war with Russia so your comment that the USA allowed Russia is pure bunk.at least the free world is trying to help the Ukrainian nation evict the Russian criminals from their nation slava Ukraine ???????? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Nope. 11 million defections is a fact. I suppose you're waiting for Milli Vanilli to make a comeback too.

We didn't get a wall or $100 a month health insurance. Your guy was asleep at the wheel then and just a leg-clinging whiner now.

He did his best to make the wall a fact, and it was only that other politicians wouldn't fund it that meant it wasn't completed.

I bet Biden is regretting that one of the first thing he did was to stop work on it, leaving gaps for the "undocumented" to pass through on the southern border, which has led to the present crisis, which isn't going away

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Funny that they make this such an anti-Trump headline, when only 4 in 10 approve currently of Biden too ! This is exactly how the current media like to twist things.

Who's in the White House! Get over it!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He did his best to make the wall a fact, and it was only that other politicians wouldn't fund it that meant it wasn't completed.

I bet Biden is regretting that one of the first thing he did was to stop work on it, leaving gaps for the "undocumented" to pass through on the southern border, which has led to the present crisis, which isn't going away

There is only one threat to Americans, that's Americans! Damn it Chuck, wherrre's ma gun!

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2023 at 10:02 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Six in 10 Americans don't want Trump to be president again

Which might mean that 4 out of 10 DO want him to be POTUS again.

No wonder the Dems are trying to get him legally barred from standing again!

Do you really not know this?

Six in 10 not wanting Trump to be President again means four in 10 either want Trump to be President or are undecided.  Some people want to know what the alternative is before choosing.

On 3/29/2023 at 2:15 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Did Trump ever say he wants abortion banned?

Not being an American I fail to understand why killing the unborn is such a high issue in the US. Perhaps someone can explain it for me.

It's like contraception was never invented.

Right, why don't those teenage girls being raped by family or acquaintances use contraception?  Don't those underage women who were denied any sex education know about contraception?  Why don't those women with a deformed fetus unlikely to survive not want to carry the fetus to term?  Why don't women with health issues want to have the baby or die trying?

Of course when contraception fails, as it sometimes does, I guess the woman is just SOL.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1