Six in 10 Americans don't want Trump to be president again: 2024 poll

onthedarkside

Loving the new poll that shows people finally using the brain that god gave them and abandoning patriotism and religion in droves. Comical graph with arrows pretty much just pointing straight down.

So exactly the dross that repubs are selling to ever diminishing (but ever more fervent) numbers. They are offering feathery quill pens in a Tik Tok world.

Fatty likes to talk about "retribution"; it's coming and coming hard in 19 months.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I don't think Trump has a chance, but as much as I like Biden, I hope he makes the decision to pass the baton. There's got to be someone. 

Given the media "attention" to any POTUS candidate it's no wonder that good people don't want to do that anymore, IMO.

I hope that either Biden or Harris are the candidate ( I could wish for Hillary, but that'd be very unlikely ) as if either of them stand IMO it's likely a landslide for whomever the GOP candidate is.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Best to check the odds being offered by bookmakers, not the polls. They are giving Trump a 50/50 chance of winning the presidential election if he is nominated by the Republican party.

Oh the irony if he does win!

At least it's going to be super entertaining if Trump gets to be the candidate.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh the irony if he does win!

At least it's going to be super entertaining if Trump gets to be the candidate.

Please explain the love affair. You're a well travelled, very erudite atheist. No Trumpite would want anything to with you. 

They'd actually prefer me. You'd actually prefer me. What gives?

1 minute ago, LaosLover said:

Please explain the love affair. You're a well travelled, very erudite atheist. No Trumpite would want anything to with you. 

They'd actually prefer me. You'd actually prefer me. What gives?

Like many Americans, it's not a case of "lovin" the GOP/ Trump but not wanting the Dems in charge with their <deleted> policies.

I'm not at all in favour of excessively rich people, but if they are the only hope of rescuing us from the Dems I'll support one.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Your blind faith in Fattie is going to work out about as well as your Thai marriage. I guess for you, disappointment is a kind of drug.

Me? I like a big government, free-spending techocrat who can reach across the aisle and get some pot holes filled.

And that most def is/was not your guy.

1 minute ago, LaosLover said:

T-Beach guy, as always, it comes down to personal experience.

You did noble duty as an NHS nurse and saw a lot of government disfunction. I worked as a government analyst and saw a lot of stuff get fixed.

The repubs first bit in office is to fire all the analysts because they fear facts like Superman fears kryptonite. So instinctively, I'm not a fan.

The gov -like yourself in your career- does the hard stuff that no one wants to do or even will do. The repubs always just try to kick the can down the road and cut taxes for their pals.

To be correct, during my time as a nurse I saw so many incompetent managers that I had to assume that was the norm.

Other than giving taxpayer money to managers to waste it, government per se wasn't really involved.

17 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Best to check the odds being offered by bookmakers, not the polls. They are giving Trump a 50/50 chance of winning the presidential election if he is nominated by the Republican party.

Ahem!

2024 US Presidential Odds (as of 28 March)

Candidate Odds Implied Probability

Joe Biden +225 30.7%

Ron DeSantis +300 25%

Donald Trump +350 22.22%

https://bookies.com/news/presidential-election-odds-daily-tracker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jackbenimble said:

i think you'll find he was the one who coined the phrase "fake news" and was pilloried as expected by the people he accused of spreading it. Then he won the elction anyway against all the odds and all the so-called predictive polls. Because he was exposing and fighting corruption in government. Lets face it, backing Billary really blew up in their faces as is backing Biden now. Trump needs to get back in and finish what he started.

Are you getting confused with Trump being "pilloried for" and him posting and promulgating fake news?

The polls did not factor in that Putin was really Trump's running partner.

Paul Manafort Exclusive: I Gave Trump Campaign Polling Data to Russian Associate (googleusercontent.com)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, placeholder said:

I don't know why you think making fun of someone's on account of a speech impediment is a left or right choice.  Are you claiming that mocking someone on account of a speech impediment is okay on the right?

I'm sorry, I think I got to the party late. Whan you said: "We can judge the moral quality of people by their choices. Thanks for sharing one of yours with us.", I thought you were talking about the choice between President Biden and President Trump. 

That said, every Republican President in the last 50 years has been called Hitler and any number of other names by the left, so calling out people for calling Biden names seems disingenuous. 

It is also interesting that no one (I certainly did not) seemed to know anything about President Biden's speech impediment, until the media started using it as an excuse for the President stumbling though his readings. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I'm sorry, I think I got to the party late. Whan you said: "We can judge the moral quality of people by their choices. Thanks for sharing one of yours with us.", I thought you were talking about the choice between President Biden and President Trump. 

That said, every Republican President in the last 50 years has been called Hitler and any number of other names by the left, so calling out people for calling Biden names seems disingenuous. 

It is also interesting that no one (I certainly did not) seemed to know anything about President Biden's speech impediment, until the media started using it as an excuse for the President stumbling though his readings. 

So you responded to a quoted comment, without bothering to look at the original comment/ comments it was responding to?  No wonder you post so much confusing nonsense.

• Haha 1