Chiang Mai’s Air Ranks Worst Globally Several Days This Week

webfact

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

what does it matter?  whats your point? or just here to troll.....so the food YOU eat isnt full of processing, low grade oil and msg??

and you claiming this is ALL street food and we arent wise enough to decide how to eat healthy?

please do provide a list of your hiso diet for all of us...or just keep deflecting...im simply calling you out on your claim

put up or shut up  (waits for more deflecting and boyish insults)

Dont drink and post.

On 4/3/2023 at 5:02 AM, Northstar1 said:

News headlines: Chang mai is the most polluted city in the world, being declared a disaster zone4C8D9650-C5E0-4B02-ADA7-C9726E4AC2F7.thumb.png.b4821a2a0dbcf6288372330649916b4e.png

Contrary to this belief, Chiang Mai isn’t actually the most polluted city in the world, nor in Thailand. It ranks #695 worldwide, with Nan, Chiang Rai and Khon Kaen ranking 1st-3rd in Thailand. Chiang Mai and Bangkok rank 6th and 8th respectively. IQAir’s ranking is scientifically highly inaccurate and by their own words not suitable for a good comparison. So unless anyone lives in the south, every region of Thailand gets hit by pollution every year. I wouldn’t fall for the clickbait articles.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, JohnNThai said:

Contrary to this belief, Chiang Mai isn’t actually the most polluted city in the world, nor in Thailand. It ranks #695 worldwide, with Nan, Chiang Rai and Khon Kaen ranking 1st-3rd in Thailand. Chiang Mai and Bangkok rank 6th and 8th respectively. IQAir’s ranking is scientifically highly inaccurate and by their own words not suitable for a good comparison. So unless anyone lives in the south, every region of Thailand gets hit by pollution every year. I wouldn’t fall for the clickbait articles.

Let me guess: 'you live in Chiang Mai and are in complete denial'?

8 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

image.png.a3ca2a22de00d23d52dca890cfe96707.png

Because you claim Chiang Mai is not the most polluted city in the world at the moment.

It is not just a claim, I already guessed you would send me this ranking. Here is why: IQAir's ranking only list 100 cities out of over 1700, so roughly only 5.8% of all data is represented. I wrote about this exact problem in this report I link down below. Only Chiang Mai and Bangkok are represented in this particular list, leaving out all other major cities in Thailand and being very inconsistent with their parameters. When you look at live data for all of Thailand, Chiang Rai actually ranks higher than Chiang Mai right now. Furthermore the Chinese city of Hotan has a score nearly 200 AQI higher. These are just two examples why IQAir's ranking list isn't scientifically viable. In my report I also go over average pollution for major Thai cities, and compared with data by Thai authorities, and even with extreme peaks during burning season, Chiang Mai isn't the most polluted city in Thailand, therefore not in the world. Even Nan, although the most polluted on average, only ranks #364. #1 are Patna, India, #2 Wotan, China and #3 Lahore, Pakistan with over 100 micrometers/m3. This all is not to say that Chiang Mai has great air right now and that I am downplaying it, no, it is just extremely exaggerated in media and forums. 

Screenshot 2566-04-07 at 14.53.38.png

Screenshot 2566-04-07 at 15.00.31.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Northstar1 said:

He has made the mistake of buying there, no plan b, lacks the intelligence, and the financial means of leaving! Any other questions Einstein?

You arrive in 3 weeks? Why don’t you spend the winter there if it’s such a great retirement destination ?

and choke on the smog?

not such a nice place now is it sticky?

cat got your tongue?

tell us about your heavenly retirement destination!

????????

so he can leave but chooses not to....i would never buy anywhere

yes i arrive in 3 weeks, as i said..Einstein....feel free to read it again

i dont spend the winter as i dont like high season and i have a place here i rent during winter..

typically burning season ends in april but then again i dont control the world or weather

dont own a cat

im not retired yet so cant say but i will be sure to make you the first to know

i bet youre a hit with the ladies.....   whats with the lol and wink?   is this you "owning" me.....???

ill allow all the other members here to see what a super guy you seem to be..a rookie with under 200 posts..you mad bro?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

dont be a d*ck and post..and just as i predicted..another deflection with boyish insults....thanks for showing us who you are.......just a troll...weak

What insults? Not once have I lowered myself to use repulsive words. Seen your rather strong reaction, I must have hit the nail on its head. Golden rule number 1: don't drink and post.

14 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

What insults? Not once have I lowered myself to use repulsive words. Seen your rather strong reaction, I must have hit the nail on its head. Golden rule number 1: don't drink and post.

specifically...what leads you to think id be drinking...be specific......or just keep deflecting....why cant you answer any of my questions about YOUR claims????

all you can do is bicker and deflect.when ive asked many times for you to back up YOUR claims

cat got YOUR tongue??????...........its a simple question..why cant you answer it, after all you posted it..i simply asked of your source....were all waiting....

Rule number 2..Put up or shut up

This is exactly why I believe you are drinking.Your posts/rants make no sense at all. What are you on about? Rule number 3: be polite and drink less alcohol

This is exactly why I believe you are drinking.Your posts/rants make no sense at all. What are you on about? Rule number 3: be polite and drink less alcohol

if you cant understand basic english maybe you should check what youre drinking......its clear who you are --im done wasting my time with a troll....

says the bro who asks if the cats got my tongue?   polite..right?....

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Sorry but no, cm is the most polluted city in cm not the world. Not even on the top 50. Why the exaggeration. Sure it’s very smoky, but if you want to experience even worse then go to one of these places…

IMG_8521.jpeg

IMG_8523.jpeg

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1