Rooster Reports 10: Brits are posh and Germans swill beer! And why you don't want to be banged up in the Immigration Detention Center

webfact

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I know plenty of Brits who do not know what the word POSH means, and I can swill beers as well as any German !   555

Yarr, Eine Flessher Beer Dunker !!! ... Yes POSH means a Knob doesn't it ? ... or that Woman singer  !!! Har Har !!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Encore said:

I have had the displeasure of being banged up in the IDC and can testify that it was far from being on an ocean liner outbound to the jewel in the crown with a port cabin and a return home in a starboard cabin.

Surely that disclosure deserves a bit more detail!

7 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

Port Out and Starboard Home. It was written on the baggage trunks of the richest cruise passengers. The view was best on the port side leaving and best on the starboard side when returning. Hence these passengers became known as POSH ????

No, it was the position of the sun. You don't want the western sun on your cabin. (Or your Thai condo for that matter).

6 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

germans always have the most biggest bellies ,slabs of fat that overhang the belt

Thanks for the ridiculous comment Mr. Insult. I'm sure the Germans (or anyone) can put together a classier way to make a point. However, your point seems filled with a bit of hatred. I hope your life improves and becomes happier, so you don't have to resort to such nonsense in the future. Good luck to you in life. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Encore said:

I have had the displeasure of being banged up in the IDC and can testify that it was far from being on an ocean liner outbound to the jewel in the crown with a port cabin and a return home in a starboard cabin.

"I have had the displeasure of being banged up in the IDC"..... OUCH! Doesn't sound good. I hope "Bubba" wasn't too "hard" on you.

15 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

Port Out and Starboard Home. It was written on the baggage trunks of the richest cruise passengers. The view was best on the port side leaving and best on the starboard side when returning. Hence these passengers became known as POSH ????

Now there is one that I did not Know !!! ... Thanks ?

• Thanks 1

I do enjoy the video form of Rooster, but I also miss the Weekly post, especially with the pictures.

I am like you Rooster, with King Charles being newly crowned. However it show that life does indeed go

on, and the world keeps turning.

Harvey M

21 hours ago, streetlite said:

I honestly cannot understand most of your dialogue. Yes, I'm American and have many Brit friends here. Some speak very clearly and distinctly and some speak like you. I preferred your written reports. Sorry.

Americans do struggle with English accents.... had that issue when first went over there, they don't appear to be good listeners. All that despite saying 'I lorve yerrr accent'...(but don't understand it). Just keep at it...it will come. 

On 4/1/2023 at 2:23 AM, crouchpeter said:

No, it was the position of the sun. You don't want the western sun on your cabin. (Or your Thai condo for that matter).

Yes - in the days before air conditioning, in the voyage across the Indian Ocean, the cabins on the port side (outward bound) and on the starboard side ( homeward bound) were shaded from direct sunlight, cooler and therefore more expensive - hence Port out Starboard home.

On 3/31/2023 at 7:04 PM, Jaggg88 said:

"early 20th century: perhaps from slang posh, denoting either a dandy or a coin of small value. There is no evidence to support the folk etymology that posh is formed from the initials of port out starboard home (referring to the more comfortable accommodation, out of the heat of the sun, on ships between England and India)."

• Thumbs Up 1