45 day visa waiver finished, back to 30 days on arrival

31 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

They are simply stupid!! Would have been no bureaucratic effort for them to extend it. Even if 30 days is still enough for most tourists, post-covid a country should do everything possible to thrive tourism.

Never understood why Thailand is so strict about that, while countries like Malaysia give a 90 days exemption entry.

Do they give a 1nyear extension for 12,000 baht and no money in bank?....otherwise 90 days is useless 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

All the neighboring countries including Vietnam looking to relax and extend visa's to attract more tourism, but Thailand does the opposite.

I fully understand most tourists do not need more than 30 days, but having them also does not hurt considering they are bringing money and spending money

Well, even with the 45 entry going back to 30, Thailand still offer more than Vietnam currently do. 30+30 extension is better than 30+0. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, racket said:

The only hope now is if this is just an April fools day joke????

It most probably is. Would be too stupid it this were real. Reasons given in the posts above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wanted everyone to know that the 30 day extension available on visa exempt entries is still just like it was before.

For the 52 countries that get visa exempt entries you are allowed ONE 30 day extension per entry at the immigration office serving the area where you stay for 1900baht.

For the 6 countries (Hong Kong, Lao, Macao, Mongolia, Russia & Vietnam) that get visa waiver entries you CANNOT get a 30 day extension.

Also the limit of TWO visa exempt entries by land in a calendar year (Jan 1st - Dec 31st) is still in effect.

49 minutes ago, racket said:

The only hope now is if this is just an April fools day joke????

News flash for the thick ???? It is most definitely NOT an Aprils Fools joke. ????

That's why I waited until I had images of NEW entry stamps from the border before I posted the news 

The change to 45 days from 30 days on the visa exempt/visa waiver entries and the change to 30 days from 15 days on the visa on arrival entries was a plan to boost tourism. I believe it started Oct 1st 2022 and was set to run out (just like it did) at 11:59PM March 31st..   

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpanishExpat said:

They are simply stupid!! Would have been no bureaucratic effort for them to extend it. Even if 30 days is still enough for most tourists, post-covid a country should do everything possible to thrive tourism.

Probably VERY bureaucratic procedure since these sort of edicts ultimately need a vote and then get published in the Royal Gazette. But as noted earlier, there were probably far more important business prior to the dissolution of parliament ahead of the elections.

1 hour ago, SpanishExpat said:

Never understood why Thailand is so strict about that, while countries like Malaysia give a 90 days exemption entry.

True, but it's Malaysia and I doubt anyone chills there for three whole months.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1