90 day extension

hi, I'm now in Thailand, got the 45 day visa on arrival last week, UK passport holder

Can i now do extra 90 days using TM7 form?

just get the hotel to print it out?

do I need to go to the office in Nonthaburi or is there another one closer to Silom Road?

oh & what happens to the visa if I leave next month for a month or 2 and come back?

Thanks!

• Haha 2

Is this a wind up.

You can obtain a 30 day extension to to your visa exempt entry.

Extra 90 days would be only possible by applying for non O retirement or marriage.

You also state ....

"do I need to go to the office in Nonthaburi or is there another one closer to Silom Road?"...

You attend immigration office depending on where you are staying. 

Won't reply further as thinking your post is a joke.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is this a wind up.

You can obtain a 30 day extension to to your visa exempt entry.

Extra 90 days would be only possible by applying for non O retirement or marriage.

Won't reply further as thinking your post is a joke. 

no wind up , thought I'd done my research ????????

yeah was thinking non O retirement longer term......marriage, no thanks, once is enough ????

how do I get the 30 day extension if you still fancy replying? ????

1 minute ago, driver52 said:

how do I get the 30 day extension if you still fancy replying

You attend immigration office according to where you live.

Not sure if you Nonthaburi or general Bangkok as you mentioned Silom Rd.

Visa exempt extension for Bangkok you attend IT mall Laksi.

You need basic passport pages also TM30.

Also TM7 with photo and 1900baht. 

Note: skip the emoji it's childish. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, driver52 said:

oh & what happens to the visa if I leave next month for a month or 2 and come back?

You don't have a visa you have an exempt entry (whether extended or not).  If you leave the country you have nothing and nothing happens.  If you come back you will now get a 30 day exempt entry (no longer 45).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

You don't have a visa you have an exempt entry (whether extended or not).  If you leave the country you have nothing and nothing happens.  If you come back you will now get a 30 day exempt entry (no longer 45).

ok cheers, understand a bit more now.......what forms do I need to fill in if I want to apply for non O retirement and can I apply before having to stick all that money 800K baht? in a bank account? OR can I get around the bank account deposit another way?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, driver52 said:

ok cheers, understand a bit more now.......what forms do I need to fill in if I want to apply for non O retirement and can I apply before having to stick all that money 800K baht? in a bank account? OR can I get around the bank account deposit another way?

Thanks!

You can use an agent to avoid the 800k requirement.

You still require a Thai bank account.

In Bangkok that would be very difficult/impossible on visa exempt entry. Agent can obtain that. 

Embassy letter possibly only option.

To do non O retirement application without agent... You require 800k in your Thai bank account on day of application.

Again your thread is a guessing game.

State your desired length of stay in Thailand and you will receive sensible replies. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, driver52 said:

Thanks!

An Agent can help you convert your Visa Exempt to a Non-IMM O (90 Days) + 1st year extension (so you would get 15 months permission to stay) without having the 800K in the bank.

I can’t recommend one in Bangkok (my old agent there wouldn’t do an extension for me if I didn’t have the money in the bank, never mind a conversion) but Maneerat in Pattaya (Soi Post Office / Soi 13/2) can sort it out for you in a few days if you don’t mind a short holiday… costs approx. 23,500b. 

Alternatively you might be able to get a Non-IMM O in your home country or a neighbouring country to Thailand (I got mine in Penang, Malaysia) where using the equivalent of 800K in your home/another country bank account might be possible. 

But you’ll almost certainly only get 90 days after which you’ll need to do an extension for which you’ll either need to use an agent (>12.5K) or have the money in the bank or xfer 65k+ every month or a combination of the 2.. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

An Agent can help you convert your Visa Exempt to a Non-IMM O (90 Days) + 1st year extension (so you would get 15 months permission to stay) without having the 800K in the bank.

I can’t recommend one in Bangkok (my old agent there wouldn’t do an extension for me if I didn’t have the money in the bank, never mind a conversion) but Maneerat in Pattaya (Soi Post Office / Soi 13/2) can sort it out for you in a few days if you don’t mind a short holiday… costs approx. 23,500b. 

Alternatively you might be able to get a Non-IMM O in your home country or a neighbouring country to Thailand (I got mine in Penang, Malaysia) where using the equivalent of 800K in your home/another country bank account might be possible. 

But you’ll almost certainly only get 90 days after which you’ll need to do an extension for which you’ll either need to use an agent (>12.5K) or have the money in the bank or xfer 65k+ every month or a combination of the 2.. 

nothing like 23.500 baht to use them for a visa

2 hours ago, blackshadow said:

nothing like 23.500 baht to use them for a visa

It’s exactly that (my mate did it a couple of months ago… 

NB it’s not just the Conversion to a Non-IMM O but includes the 1st years extension (so you get 15 months permission to stay)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

To my knowledge not "extra 90 days", but a total of 90 days from initial entry date.

• Like 1

thanks for comments.......bit diifficult to have a conversation when you're replying to various comments and get accused of being 'inflammatory' or a 'troll' yourself eh?

guess this is what gives in the woke and unipolar world? give it a break.......we're all just trying to get along here

Edited by driver52

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

To my knowledge not "extra 90 days", but a total of 90 days from initial entry date.

Well the dots are a long way apart but he means from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry apply for a non O retirement.

That would give a 90 day stamp. 

• Thumbs Up 1