Parking at or near Institute of Dermatology (Voctory Monument area)

Sheryl

How close do you want to get, and did you want to do anything else while you're in town? 

Probably parking at Rajavithi Hospital, and taxies. 

If you want to make a day of it, park at Siam Square and take the BTS to Victory Monument and back. 

You might find there is some on site parking although it might be a bit limited. 

For fairly near free parking you could go into Bic Saphan Kwai then either take the BTS or if there are many of you a taxi would only be a 60 baht ( approx ) taxi ride away.

Good shopping around there for after you have had your shots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

How close do you want to get, and did you want to do anything else while you're in town? 

Probably parking at Rajavithi Hospital, and taxies. 

If you want to make a day of it, park at Siam Square and take the BTS to Victory Monument and back. 

Thanks but don't want to do anything but get the vaccines and leave.

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

Would think that they would have parking on site or at one of the neighbouring hospitals. You would be most welcome to park as my guest at my condo secure garage (plenty of space for as long as you need). Just 200 metres walk from BTS Sanampao. 1 station from Victory Monument. PM me if you wish.

Lovely offer. If i can't confirm hospital parking I'll send you a PM. 

There is a parking complex within Rajavithi Hospital of which ID is a part. You might call ID at 02-3545222 to ask them if it's available to patients. There are two other options I am sure of:

a. The Century Mall is 100m. from VM BTS. Park there and you can walk to ID in about 15miin. Or plenty of motosais.

Parking should be free I think if you buy a coffee or something. In any case, nominal charge.

b. Park at my apartment complex as my guest for free. I am about 100m from Century Mall so about 20min. walk to ID.

• Like 1

I was there a couple of weeks ago for the bivalent booster, and they have parking inside the building - you can take the elevator directly from the garage up to floor 12A for the vaccination. With the parking stamp from the vaccine center, the parking fee is 20 baht. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, khunjeff said:

I was there a couple of weeks ago for the bivalent booster, and they have parking inside the building - you can take the elevator directly from the garage up to floor 12A for the vaccination. With the parking stamp from the vaccine center, the parking fee is 20 baht. 

Great! I was hoping this was the case. Is the parking entrance on Ratchatawee? 

And thanks to @soi3eddie and     @Chicksaw for their kind offers.  Will not be needed since there is parking right at the Institute.  But much appreciated. 

On 4/6/2023 at 12:13 AM, proton said:

Do you have to book for the bivalent booster or just turn up? 

You can book online, though their website for doing so is entirely in TH language, as best as I recall.

However, they also have been accepting walk-ins, which is exactly what the Thai wife and I did there a couple weeks back... And everything went without a hitch, even on a Saturday afternoon, which was the time we arrived.

Just make sure to bring your passport, and any documentation you have of past vaccinations, so they can know that you're eligible.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You can book online, though their website for doing so is entirely in TH language, as best as I recall

It is indeed in Thai but pretty short and easy  if opened in Google Chrome with translation option.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Sheryl, couple of things....

1. Does the fact that you're traveling from the hinterlands to BKK to get the bivalent vaccine, per chance, mean you had checked with the local public health office closer to your home and found they didn't have any bivalent doses available there?

2. The bivalent vaccine on offer at IOD is Pfizer.... And yet we had a news report here a month ago on the French government donating 1M Moderna bivalent vaccines to Thailand. And yet, I've seen NOTHING in the media about how or where the Moderna doses were distributed. Do you know anything on that point?

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sheryl, couple of things....

1. Does the fact that you're traveling from the hinterlands to BKK to get the bivalent vaccine, per chance, mean you had checked with the local public health office closer to your home and found they didn't have any bivalent doses available there?

2. The bivalent vaccine on offer at IOD is Pfizer.... And yet we had a news report here a month ago on the French government donating 1M Moderna bivalent vaccines to Thailand. And yet, I've seen NOTHING in the media about how or where the Moderna doses were distributed. Do you know anything on that point?

I have no idea where the Moderna doses are.

There was a delay between receipt of the Pfizer and it being available.  Since the Moderna donation is quite recent, may just be a matter of time.

AFAIK biovalent vaccine is not available in my area. Getting vaxxed out here (with anything) is more than a bit of challenge.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

AFAIK biovalent vaccine is nto available in my area. Getting vaxxed out here (with anything) is more than a bit of challenge.

Thanks... I saw some vague statements from the TH government at one point suggesting that the donated bivalent vaxes would be made available thru public health offices/centers nationwide....

But thus far, I've seen little to no evidence of that actually being the case.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 12:02 AM, Sheryl said:

Great! I was hoping this was the case. Is the parking entrance on Ratchatawee? 

And thanks to @soi3eddie and     @Chicksaw for their kind offers.  Will not be needed since there is parking right at the Institute.  But much appreciated. 

Sorry, I didn't see this follow up question until just now. I'm sure it's too late to help you, but yes, the parking entrance is on Ratchawithi and is well marked (though the path to the garage entrance once you're inside the compound is oddly convoluted). I hope your visit and vaccination went well.