British tourist smashes up Bangkok 7-Eleven (video)

webfact

9 minutes ago, AloisAmrein said:

Good luck in Bang Kwang (Bangkok Hilton). What a stupid fellow!

Let him stew there for a week to contemplate his actions before payment of a fine for the damage and a 10 year blacklist. Time to set a public example as a deterrent. The nonchalance of him as he just strolls away as if nothing happened., what a w..ker

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keep Right said:

My niece who is an ER nurse told me she has seen many people overdose on ganja, having to be physically restrained with straps to their gurney. These people had to be given a shot of a sedative to keep them from hurting themselves and others.

utter rubbish 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Tell that to the staff who were concerned enough for their own safety they felt the need to exit the store. Only one person who could have harmed others in this incident. 

Nobody and nothing was harmed.

Less than 5 mins to pick up the 2 trays of sweets he threw on the ground.

It's a trivial offense, in the west the police wouldn't even come.

Can't understand all the hate towards white men shown on this forum.

Nobody cared about the naked Thai guy running around the 7-11 last week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

And who will have to pay the cost of his "trivial" offence.

I suspect that it will be the 7/11 staff on duty.

Picking up 2 trays of sweets and putting them back on the counter doesn't cost anything.

(did you watch the video of what he did?)

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

No correction required.

I'm correct.

It seems every other day there's a negative article about a Brit.

or the Dutch ...........

or the French ..........

not to forget the naked German ..........

And the Chinese are always killing, kidnapping and running gangs.

The big crimes are always Chinese.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Picking up 2 trays of sweets and putting them back on the counter doesn't cost anything.

(did you watch the video of what he did?)

Looks like he smashed the glass door too. That'll be a few 1000 baht.

EDIT: On second looks that seems to be liquid rather than broken glass.

Edited by Woof999
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I suspect this young beer monster fell foul of 7/11's ridiculous alcohol serving hours. I drink about 2 beers a year and still nearly had a fit when they refused to serve me at 1 minute past 2 oclock or whenever it was.

The legal hours that 7/11 can sell alcohol are 11am - 2pm and 5pm - 12 midnight.  I find that the most strict adherence to the law is by foreign owned companies.  I don't even think the cash register system for 7/11 will allow the franchisee to ring up sales of alcohol out of hours.  If a franchisee were to be caught selling out of hours -- they likely would potentially be at risk of having their franchise terminated by 7/11 corporate.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I suspect this young beer monster fell foul of 7/11's ridiculous alcohol serving hours. I drink about 2 beers a year and still nearly had a fit when they refused to serve me at 1 minute past 2 oclock or whenever it was.

@SunnyinBangrak Either that or have the wrong price labels on something or not getting the deal they're promoting. etc, etc, etc.    And 7 staff are the worse when you point that out, they just look at you dumbstruck.     but he still had a completely OTT reaction. whatever it was.  

7 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

@BritManToo I beg to differ on your opinion that this was a trivial offence. The Thai staff, likely very young, must have been <deleted> scared to leave their post on this idiot's behaviour. If things like this are allowed to go unpunished then other moron's will think that they can do same with no consequences. At minimum, this was criminal damage - ripping out the keyboard and also threatening behaviour.

This is what has been allowed to happen in part's of the UK. My local Co-Op staff in a west London village now actually refer to their store as "name of village food bank" because so many thieves brazenly walk in, grab a basket, empty shelves (meat typically and some booze) before walking out not paying. Staff are told not to challenge so to avoid agression and situations like in this topic. I beleive that society in some parts of the UK is collapsing due to this. Let us all pray that it never happens here in Thailand!

I think Thai taxi/tuttuk drivers and bar bouncers waving machetes/iron bars are far more frightening than someone chucking packets of breath mints.

And nobody pays much attention to that, but maybe that's just me. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

@BritManToo I beg to differ on your opinion that this was a trivial offence. The Thai staff, likely very young, must have been <deleted> scared to leave their post on this idiot's behaviour. If things like this are allowed to go unpunished then other moron's will think that they can do same with no consequences. At minimum, this was criminal damage - ripping out the keyboard and also threatening behaviour.

This is what has been allowed to happen in part's of the UK. My local Co-Op staff in a west London village now actually refer to their store as "name of village food bank" because so many thieves brazenly walk in, grab a basket, empty shelves (meat typically and some booze) before walking out not paying. Staff are told not to challenge so to avoid agression and situations like in this topic. I beleive that society in some parts of the UK is collapsing due to this. Let us all pray that it never happens here in Thailand!

Correct, you see more of these losers on soi Buakhao daily

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Keep Right said:

My niece who is an ER nurse told me she has seen many people overdose on ganja, having to be physically restrained with straps to their gurney. These people had to be given a shot of a sedative to keep them from hurting themselves and others.

Yeah these days they crush up yabba tabs and sprinkle on the weed.

Back in my day we smoked "snow cones" with LSD or Meth mixed with the weed.

Wild days thems was !!

• Love It 2

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

He hardly did any damage, 500bht should cover it.

Threw 2 trays of sweets on the ground, that was about it.

Seemed to have mental problems, I would suggest hospital rather than jail.

His insurance probably won't cover that kind of hospital stay. Money wise the chav would be better off in the prison.

• Confused 1

Bizarre behaviour.  The look on the young man's face, his mannerism, definitely something amiss going on upstairs in his head.  

I'd throw a wild guess at a schizophrenic relapse. Mix of alcohol and/or drugs perhaps with someone who has a mental illness.  Maybe off his meds for the vacation?  

Outcome for him likely going to be very unfavorable.  

14 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Hospital admissions of Thais suffering from paranoia, irrational behaviour etc attributed to the use of weed have rocketed by 500% since decriminalisation of weed.

Source: A N. about a month ago.

Well, they over do it don't they. Just as with alcohol. My wife's brother in law was in and out of hospital, ill through alcohol abuse many, many times until liver failure killed him at 46 years old. A funny, really lovely guy too. Never aggressive even when drunk as a skunk. RIP 

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody and nothing was harmed.

Less than 5 mins to pick up the 2 trays of sweets he threw on the ground.

the glass on the door was shattered.

if there were other people around, he may have harmed them.

silly comment. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1

Thailand 7 - 11s are  a blast.  Staff is usually very pleasant.  Some quick microwaveable snacks like burger kung are a cheap feed.  Quick small bottle of water, or gatorade on a hot day.  The gals behind the counter always helped me top up my phone minutes when I buy some more there during my holidays.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

7-Elevens seem to be a magnet for more than a fair share of foreign troublemakers. 

Just taking a wild guess here- could it be because they're literally everywhere in areas where tourists often are? I doubt there's something special about 7-11's that makes tourists want to smash. ????

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

He hardly did any damage, 500bht should cover it.

Threw 2 trays of sweets on the ground, that was about it.

Seemed to have mental problems, I would suggest hospital rather than jail.

Exactly. The guy is either drunk out of his mind or mental issues- point is he didn't actually attack or hurt anyone (that we know of). A simple fine and some compensation for the employees and for the damages caused should be more than enough. It's interesting how easily people on these forums call out "deport" and "jail him" for an offense that back in their home country would probably result in a fine or probation - if that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, milesinnz said:

what happened to the mandatory photo OP ????..... with about 6 Police and a face blurred out..... maybe he found out that the girl he was "in love with" was not a girl at all  .. ???? ...

we've all been there but instead of trashing a 7-11 i took refuge in a bottle of sangsom ????

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, rumeaug said:

probably a fan of The Who's Pete Townshend. But 711 won't get fool again

let my love smash open the door!...you better you better you bet.....that kid is some sort of pinball wizard....the door seems to have some sort of eminence front!