Robert F. Kennedy Jr. files paperwork to run for president as a Democrat

onthedarkside

image.png.2486db26c6769ce4d5f8ac7a1c80899e.png

Environmental lawyer and anti-vaccine activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to run for president in 2024 as a Democrat.

The filing was confirmed Wednesday by his campaign treasurer, John E. Sullivan.

The 69-year-old is the son of former New York senator, US attorney general and assassinated 1968 presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy and the nephew of the late President John F. Kennedy.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/05/politics/robert-kennedy-president-democratic-nomination/index.html

CNN.jpg

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No chance to win even one state.

Last name recognition might work for some random people. 

Biden assuming he's running will not face any real opposition in the democratic primary.

We'll see. I think a lot can happen in 12 months. Old is OK but I think this is a step too far and I think it will become more apparent and either he won't run or doubt will become palpable. I don't think the next president inaugurated will be 82. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

We'll see. I think a lot can happen in 12 months. Old is OK but I think this is a step too far and I think it will become more apparent and either he won't run or doubt will become palpable. I don't think the next president inaugurated will be 82. 

You don't get it.

Kennedy isn't a serious challenger.

You can't beat a somebody with a nobody.

If someone like Gavin Newsom not that he will and not that I like him challenged Biden there might be a contest.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I kind of like the guy. Bit, listening to that voice day in and day out? I think that more or less disqualifies him, unfortunately. He is light years beyond the pack of junk that has announced thus far. 

But can he finish a sentence without getting confused, as Biden has that down to a art.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I wasn't suggesting this was the contender

That's good because he isn't.

There won't be one UNLESS there is a massive event relating to Biden during the time window when a challenger would appear. In other words in time to get on ballots. Such as a major health crisis or a very major political loss.

Edited by Jingthing

Seems like some of the political geniuses who constantly spewed that Trump could never be President back in 2015/2016 on this forum may want to take a break at being experts on who may or may not win in 2024. 

39 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Seems like some of the political geniuses who constantly spewed that Trump could never be President back in 2015/2016 on this forum may want to take a break at being experts on who may or may not win in 2024. 

They were right in 2020, why should they take a break now?

5 hours ago, alex8912 said:

There is no equivalence..

To suggest that democrats are going to nominate an anti vax conspiracy theory looney tuner is absurd.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

DeSantis probably won't run for president this time.

He definitely would not take a VP slot with Trump as he knows Trump would lose. 

DeSantis clearly wants to run for President this time.  That's why he's and his lapdog legislature are passing so many nonsensical laws in Florida, he's on a book tour, and he's appearing on Fox (I've read that, I don't watch Fox).  He's building his anti-woke platform.  Whether there is anything else to his platform I can't say.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

DeSantis probably won't run for president this time.

He definitely would not take a VP slot with Trump as he knows Trump would lose. 

I think of it the same way Obama would not have wanted Hillary as VP: if in the position where they are one beating heart away from the presidency, they might just try to act upon it.  Mr Woke-a-phobia has shown his colors.

For those who don't know, this RFK Jr. has been on about vaccines long before Covid, and has demonstrated that he's Michele Bachmann-level crazy.  For those familiar with the series Succession, he's Connor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

DeSantis clearly wants to run for President this time.  That's why he's and his lapdog legislature are passing so many nonsensical laws in Florida, he's on a book tour, and he's appearing on Fox (I've read that, I don't watch Fox).  He's building his anti-woke platform.  Whether there is anything else to his platform I can't say.

He's testing the waters and the more national voters learn about him the less they like. His poll numbers sank. His crowds get smaller and smaller. He's positioned as Trump without the Trumpy madness. Republicans prefer the real thing. Sure he might still run hoping Trump explodes but I think he's smart enough to pass on being humiliated.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

He's testing the waters and the more national voters learn about him the less they like. His poll numbers sank. His crowds get smaller and smaller. He's positioned as Trump without the Trumpy madness. Republicans prefer the real thing. Sure he might still run hoping Trump explodes but I think he's smart enough to pass on being humiliated.

Possibly.  At this point his Florida base is so excited about him running for President this time they may turn on him if he doesn't.  In other words, he may have maneuvered himself into a now or never situation.