Renewing driving license and colour-blind

kidneyw

Okay, let me try again. I did ask previously about taking the colour-blind test at DLT-4 (Nong Chok) but did not receive any help.

So let me try a different tack.

How did anyone who is colour-blind manage to pass the colour dot test for their driving license?

In Pattaya ten years ago, I had a falang behind me whisper the colours to me.

Five years ago. I was on my own and failed it twice, with the lady conducting the test, reaming me out. Think she finally had enough of me and finally said okay on the third go. Both of these were in Pattaya, but reckon there will be no fellow falang to help me at Nong Chok.

So anyone got any tips on how they passed, even though though they were colour-blind and where was it.

By the way, for all you bashers that think that if you fail the colour-blind test, you are not fit to be driving. That is not the case.

Traffic light colours are easy to tell, but small faded dots of many colours on a board are not the same.

Thanks.

On 4/6/2023 at 5:05 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm confident if you used an agent you'd pass easy. MOTs get mentioned a lot

Just took a look at MOTs website: https://www.mots-services.com/mots-services1

Is it true that they can get SETV and METV visas for tourists without having to leave Thailand?

"PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID AND NEW IMMIGRATION POLICY MOTS SERVICES CAN PROVIDE A 30 DAY AND 60 DAY TOURIST VISA  DIRECTLY USING IMMIGRATION SERVICES. NO OUTBOUND TRIP IS REQUIRED."

25 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Is it true that they can get SETV and METV visas for tourists without having to leave Thailand?

"PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID AND NEW IMMIGRATION POLICY MOTS SERVICES CAN PROVIDE A 30 DAY AND 60 DAY TOURIST VISA  DIRECTLY USING IMMIGRATION SERVICES. NO OUTBOUND TRIP IS REQUIRED."

Never heard of that, maybe check with them and let us know

14 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Be interested to hear... I suspect they mean extensions, as there should be no facility to stamp visas (other than Non-Imm-O,VOA, Elite ) within the country. 

I'm colour blind and have had the same problem with renewals, but always been lucky and had a falang to whisper the colours to me. However, my last renewal about 6 months ago I passed easily when they used the "traffic light" method. Only 3 colours to distinguish, red, green and yellow, as opposed to when they had the big circle made up of small coloured dots. This was in Pattaya.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, giddyup said:

I'm colour blind and have had the same problem with renewals, but always been lucky and had a falang to whisper the colours to me. However, my last renewal about 6 months ago I passed easily when they used the "traffic light" method. Only 3 colours to distinguish, red, green and yellow, as opposed to when they had the big circle made up of small coloured dots. This was in Pattaya.

The big circle made up of dots was so worn out it was indistinguishable to most!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

At my last renewal in Cha Am they used the big circle with coloured dots. We were all in a line around the room, and were seen one at a time. As the examiner pointed to the dots I listened to the Thais saying the colour. I could see black, grey, and a lighter grey. I soon learnt that when he pointed to a black dot they said red, the grey was yellow, and the light grey was green. Passed with no ploplem.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gonna renew my 5 year DL next week, car only at Chonburi, I hear it's easier there than Banglamung.  I've got med cert and res cert. Anyone know if I need to copy passport too, which pages? Thanks.

Edited by Odinrex

14 minutes ago, Odinrex said:

Gonna renew my 5 year DL next week, car only at Chonburi, I hear it's easier there than Banglamung.  I've got med cert and res cert. Anyone know if I need to copy passport too, which pages? Thanks.

Main page and long stay visa/extension page..............

• Like 1

Why not take a Thai to whisper the colours?

Upcountry where I am many Thais got the colour test wrong but the others helped. The tester got angry but passed the lot of us, even though some didn't have a clue of the colour. It was just: red, yellow and green.