Who/what is somebody?

Lacessit

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

The only evidence of somebody's presence on ASEAN are the emoticons posted in response to posts by other members.

And of course, the Notifications we receive. "Somebody" seems to react to evey single one of my posts.

somebody reacted to a post in a topic Chuwit vows to continue his crusade against the Bhumjaithai Party and marijuana despite order

I assume it's some "engagement" tactic (setting) meant to encourage participation.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bamnutsak said:

And of course, the Notifications we receive. "Somebody" seems to react to evey single one of my posts.

somebody reacted to a post in a topic Chuwit vows to continue his crusade against the Bhumjaithai Party and marijuana despite order

I assume it's some "engagement" tactic (setting) meant to encourage participation.

You may be right, although I notice not all my posts are flagged. If your hypothesis is correct, maybe the emoticons are randomly generated. I suggest buying a lottery ticket.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I too am being stalked by somebody, I find it very impersonal!

Stalking is when someone persistently posts negative emoticons to a poster, I have had that a couple of times. Somebody does not seem to do that, the worst I have had is one confused emoticon.

• Confused 3

It would make much more sense to put 'YOUR POST GOT A REACTION' or something similar instead of this silly 'someone' without even being capitalised. 

'somebody' found this suggestion confusiong. Come on 'somebody', tell me why please.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

I'm thinking there was a court case in Aus and the outcome was against defamation in "comments".

Seems the papers could be held high for publishing damaging commenting words.

I never followed the story but I notice that Aus papers have very few comments.

Happy to be shown wrong.????????

Edited by Lucky Bones

5 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

People got upset with other people when they got another reaction then "like". Now you can't see the name anymore as they changed it to "somebody"

You can see the name if you turn on notifications.