Democrats who might run for president if Joe Biden does not

Social Media

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, he's a product that, unlike Florida, New York isn't buying.

Admittedly decades of gerrymandering has resulted in a pathetic state government, and a long history of under-funding has resulted in sub-par public schools.  Florida actually has some good public universities, but DeSantis is working hard to change that.

However 49% still voted against Trump.  All the DeSantis noise gives a misleading impression of the state.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2023 at 11:14 AM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I had never heard of him but saw him on Bill last week and he seemed that good mix of sanity, and enough principles, while holding on to enough Republican ideals to keep them happy, as long as Trump doesn't go rogue as a third option. 

Saw him too and I like his ideas but he was really, really trying too hard. Maybe had a bit too much coffee in the Green Room before coming on.  He needs to tone down the glib delivery and stick to his record and his ideas. 

For the Democrats, perhaps a red state senator like John Tester? He could try to bridge the gap between the effete urban elites of the Democrats and possible left leaning Republicans.

As for Biden and his age, remember that John McCain was only 72 when his presidential campaign was constantly hit with concerns about his age. Biden at 10 years older and clearly declining would be a disaster.  He will have to run an actual campaign this time and physically/mentally he isn't up to it.  

36 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Saw him too and I like his ideas but he was really, really trying too hard. Maybe had a bit too much coffee in the Green Room before coming on.  He needs to tone down the  delivery and stick to his record and his ideas. 

Fair point. He was trying a bit hard to impress. Hard for someone like him I imagine to gain traction with so much air taken out of the room by others. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

9 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Doesn't matter who it is as long as they do the bidding for the creatures destroying the country. 

Thank you for sharing your conspiracy theory with us. There is another thread about whether or not those who create conspiracy theories actually  believe in them. Whether they do or not, they will continue to prosper as long as miillions share your gullibility.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

For the Democrats, perhaps a red state senator like John Tester? He could try to bridge the gap between the effete urban elites of the Democrats and possible left leaning Republicans.

As for Biden and his age, remember that John McCain was only 72 when his presidential campaign was constantly hit with concerns about his age. Biden at 10 years older and clearly declining would be a disaster.  He will have to run an actual campaign this time and physically/mentally he isn't up to it.  

The thing is, no matter whether or not your evaluation of Biden is accurate (and, as I recall, you once likened John Fetterman to a vegetable), it's not just a question of what Biden does, but who he's running against. If it turns out to be Trump, negative motivation is a powerful thing. And, of course, there are issues like abortion which are seriously damaging the Republicans' appeal. How to defend oneself for supporting judges like Matthew Kaczmaryk? And demographic trends don't look good for them. Republicans are not popular with the rising generations of voters. And the demographic that does support them is dying off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

The thing is, no matter whether or not your evaluation of Biden is accurate (and, as I recall, you once likened John Fetterman to a vegetable), it's not just a question of what Biden does, but who he's running against. If it turns out to be Trump, negative motivation is a powerful thing. And, of course, there are issues like abortion which are seriously damaging the Republicans' appeal. How to defend oneself for supporting judges like Matthew Kaczmaryk? And demographic trends don't look good for them. Republicans are not popular with the rising generations of voters. And the demographic that does support them is dying off.

Fetterman IS a vegetable.  Even compared to some of his semi-sentient colleagues in the senate like Chuck Grassley or Dianne Feinstein.  He cannot hear without aid, cannot answer spontaneous questions, and really should be recovering from his stroke rather than in government. 

Agreed that the opponent will matter.Personally, I hope it isnt Trump. A younger, vigorous, and intellectually agile GOP choice would be a great contrast to the President if he runs again. 

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Fetterman IS a vegetable.  Even compared to some of his semi-sentient colleagues in the senate like Chuck Grassley or Dianne Feinstein.  He cannot hear without aid, cannot answer spontaneous questions, and really should be recovering from his stroke rather than in government. 

Agreed that the opponent will matter.Personally, I hope it isnt Trump. A younger, vigorous, and intellectually agile GOP choice would be a great contrast to the President if he runs again. 

Your nastiness and dispostion to share falsehoods hasn't abated. Ya think neurologists would agree with your diagnosis?

His thinking processes are affected. You think hearing aids disqualify someone from public service? That's a genuinely weird form of bigotry you're sharing with us.

And how is this candidate going to get around the abortion issue? You think someone like Sununu even has a shot at it given his moderate stance on the issue?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Your nastiness and dispostion to share falsehoods hasn't abated. Ya think neurologists would agree with your diagnosis?

His thinking processes are affected. You think hearing aids disqualify someone from public service? That's a genuinely weird form of bigotry you're sharing with us.

And how is this candidate going to get around the abortion issue? You think someone like Sununu even has a shot at it given his moderate stance on the issue?

Thank you for your kind words.  Fetterman doesnt have "hearing aids" in the sense of devices that amplify sound. He is incapable of understanding what is said to him without it being written beforehand. If you saw his latest interview on CBS it was painfully obvious that he cannot hold a normal conversation. 

Another year on and hopefully abortion will be less of an issue. Things are still percolating through the states at the moment, as they should. The key is whether or not the media reports honestly or, as usual, puts their collective thumb on the scales.

On 4/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, Hanaguma said:

The "effete urban elites?" Like those who oppose the right's abortion extremism? Like the rising generations who are decidedly left of center? You got any more right-wing cliches to share with us?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for your kind words.  Fetterman doesnt have "hearing aids" in the sense of devices that amplify sound. He is incapable of understanding what is said to him without it being written beforehand. If you saw his latest interview on CBS it was painfully obvious that he cannot hold a normal conversation. 

Another year on and hopefully abortion will be less of an issue. Things are still percolating through the states at the moment, as they should. The key is whether or not the media reports honestly or, as usual, puts their collective thumb on the scales.

Can you please share with us at what minute in the cbs interview there is evidence that Fetterman is a vegetable? 

And he said during the interview his speech recognition is improving which is the usual course for stroke victims. And he uses speech recognition devices that let him understand perfectly what is being said. How does any of this make him a vegetable?

• Like 1

Hopefully abortion will be less of an issue? What does percolating through the states even mean? If anything, red states are getting more extreme. Florida just passed a  law banning abortions at 6 weeks.

And you think the horror stories about women being denied treatment are going to go away? As long as doctors don't have the final say in deciding when an abortion is called for in a medical situation, those stories will persist. And I wouldn't put it past the supreme Court to support the decision to outlaw the abortion inducing drug. And if even only a few of those justices do support it, it can't be pointed to as what we can expect from a Republican president in the way of judicial appointments.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The "effete urban elites?" Like those who oppose the right's abortion extremism? Like the rising generations who are decidedly left of center? You got any more right-wing cliches to share with us?

Effete urban elites.

Rhetoric channeling the disgraced Spiro Agnew who ended his career as a professional antisemite 

5 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Al Franken's "sins" seem so minor now especially compared to the grab em by the pxxxy up to his ears in criminal charges trump.....the dems actually pressured franken to resign as they felt he had crossed a moral line....big mistake...the repubs have no moral line for fellow repubs and  would never pressure anyone to resign even if they are a corrupt supreme like clarence thomas or a lying idiot like george santos or a bat shxt crazy POS like MT greene or total liars like two more repub supremes who flat out lied re their roe v wade positions....or a man that tried and continues to try to overthrow an election.  

I think Franken would make a good president...he and amy klobachar would be a good team

The damage is done. Franken is done with political office. It's a waste but life isn't fair. 

On the ticket suggestion, a ticket of two Minnesotans is incredibly unlikely.

Of course there is a lot of chatter about a Trump - DeSantis ticket which is two Floridians but Trump has the New York legacy and DeSantis is too smart to pair up with such a LOSER. 

On 4/7/2023 at 7:11 PM, Jingthing said:

If the Republicans put up a sane conservative like Sununu they easily beat Biden.

I saw him on Maher's show, if I were in contact with Bill I'd ask him if Sununu succeeded in selling him aluminum siding for his house after the show.  He has that sleazy salesman persona, like Newsom. 

I think the best shot out there would be Tester from Montana.  He's a farmer, comes off like a farmer, and I think that would play especially well in the rural areas (remember Joni Ernst in Iowa campaigning on her experience castrating hogs?).  I don't know if he's interested in it.

Al Franken would be the best, but that ain't gonna happen.

Biden cannot drop Harris -- he'd be cutting his own throat, and he knows it.

But here's something else to consider: just suppose some sort of Federal action comes to pass and DT is barred from running for public office (aka the GOP's current wet dream).  Don Jr tosses his greasy kid stuff -stained hat in the ring.  It could lead to the legalization of cocaine.  I could see Andy Cohen endorsing and campaigning for him simply for the sake of having Kimberly Guilfoyle as first lady and a WH-based reality show deal.  :clap2: 

5 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I saw him on Maher's show, if I were in contact with Bill I'd ask him if Sununu succeeded in selling him aluminum siding for his house after the show.  He has that sleazy salesman persona, like Newsom. 

I think the best shot out there would be Tester from Montana.  He's a farmer, comes off like a farmer, and I think that would play especially well in the rural areas (remember Joni Ernst in Iowa campaigning on her experience castrating hogs?).  I don't know if he's interested in it.

But here's something else to consider: just suppose some sort of Federal action comes to pass and DT is barred from running for public office (aka the GOP's current wet dream).  Don Jr tosses his greasy kid stuff -stained hat in the ring.  It could lead to the legalization of cocaine.  I could see Andy Cohen endorsing and campaigning for him simply for the sake of having Kimberly Guilfoyle as first lady and a WH-based reality show deal.  :clap2: 

Sununu will be running as republican to challenge Trump. It's not fair to judge him only on the Maher interview. He has a decades long history and very visible because he's from New Hampshire (first primary). He came off much better on his recent interview on the Circus.

The thing about Sununu is that more moderate Americans won't be afraid of him like they are of Trump so he could easily beat Biden. A lot of the turnout when Trump is running is about stopping Trump. 

Tester who I never heard of before is a democrat. As Biden is running, I can't see someone like Tester running.

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Don Jr tosses his greasy kid stuff -stained hat in the ring.  It could lead to the legalization of cocaine. 

How is this off topic conspiracy theory (and an incredibly hypocritical false claim too in mind of your President's family and the desperate and sustained efforts to hide evidence of the same crime) relevant in a thread about democrat possible presidential runners?

If democrats were angry about cocaine users they have a funny way of showing it.

I'd favor Gabbard as a democrat president. IMO she is the only sane democrat left that understands the concepts of proportionality and honesty. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

How is this off topic conspiracy theory (and an incredibly hypocritical false claim too in mind of your President's family and the desperate and sustained efforts to hide evidence of the same crime) relevant in a thread about democrat possible presidential runners?

If democrats were angry about cocaine users they have a funny way of showing it.

I'd favor Gabbard as a democrat president. IMO she is the only sane democrat left that understands the concepts of proportionality and honesty. 

Gabbard is a republican so doubt she would be dems pick..  try and keep up.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

no current fed law prohibits t from running even if he is locked up in prison...unless he is convicted of treason...don jr has even less biz in the white house than his dad if that is even possible but no doubt the cult would see him as the son of the savior and the evangelicals would be all in.

17 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Honesty?  Wow you are able to be a t supporter and talk about honesty?  That is some strong kool aide.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I think it will take a few elections for abortion to be less of an issue.  By then the idiot red state officials making abortion almost impossible will be voted out of office, turning a number of red states blue.

• Thumbs Up 1