Aimée Kwan, the only British-Thai actress in John Wick Chapter 4

webfact

Sad to say that I've never heard of John Wick or his 'franchise' but the actress certainly looks lovely. I wish her well and hope being associated with a Hollywood movie doesn't damage any serious acting intentions that she has.

She's basically Chinese.  All the British,  Thai and Malaysian extract is for fodder.  Born in London to a Thai Chinese mother and Malaysian Chinese father  hence surname Kwan. 

But of course,  ThaiPBS would jump any chance to bring up anything Thai related.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, roquefort said:

"As the only Southeast Asian actress in a worldwide blockbuster movie"

Who writes this c**p? Michelle Yeoh just won an Oscar!

Please don't complicate things and spoil their fun, they are only simple singular minded people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How does it make any difference if she's 100% Thai or 25% Thai? She's got as much right to claim Thai and for the Thai's to claim her as any farang has to claim their nationality, given the mixed up mess of genes we all are.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The movie is playing in every major cinema in Pattaya right now. If any article about any movie is ever topical, this one is highly topical right now.

US 4250 million in first two weeks, but yet to match John Wick: Chapter 3’s $327 million ... sure it will.

I saw it while in NZ same day as family here went, it's fictional escapism, but perhaps a generation or two removed from much of this forum's demographic. 

I saw Living too, star performance from Bill Nighy facing his death (now that one probably would resonate here)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

US 4250 million in first two weeks, but yet to match John Wick: Chapter 3’s $327 million ... sure it will.

I saw it while in NZ same day as family here went, it's fictional escapism, but perhaps a generation or two removed from much of this forum's demographic. 

I saw Living too, star performance from Bill Nighy facing his death (now that one probably would resonate here)

Great escapist movie series, I would have thought he would have killed off most of the protagonists by now but apparently not, number 5 in the offing and a spin off.

Also enjoyed Bill Nighy in Living as well. Slightly less frantic than John Wick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jchfriis said:

I love a good action action movie, but this one was crap. Even Keanu Reeves looked like he was bored.

That reminds me of the old saying, "I like a good movie, but this movie was nothing like one".

I have yet to see it and quite enjoyed the others in the series, but IMO it became very formulaic later on in the piece.