Any way to close-up Bathroom door ventilation slats (see photo)

creative1000

16 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

I’m pretty sure its letting a/c and purified air escape as we also leave the bathroom window permanently open.

Hot air rises, cold air sinks. So if the bathroom window is higher than the slats...

More likely that cold air is escaping under a door somewhere, to be replaced by outside air coming in through the bathroom window.

Buy a new door.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Hot air rises, cold air sinks. So if the bathroom window is higher than the slats...

More likely that cold air is escaping under a door somewhere, to be replaced by outside air coming in through the bathroom window.

Buy a new door.

Why buy a new door when he can just cover the vent?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, we have a similar issue, but fortunately we do not have a permanently open window in the bathroom so the effect is not so serious.

But if one of us forgets to turn off the bathroom extractor fan we soon know about it in the bedroom!

So maybe the the simple answer for the O/P is to only open the bathroom window when necessary to clear the air of humidity and odours . The cooled dry air from the A/C would soon take care of it.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Some people would take the view that a bathroom door is made with ventilation for a reason and therefore shouldn't be interfered with.

While others who been here any length of time and / or have recognised that critical thought is rarely exercised and see that such ventilation is wholly unnecessary, just as it us in plenty of other houses here…. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Some people would take the view that a bathroom door is made with ventilation for a reason and therefore shouldn't be interfered with.

Quite correct. Bathrooms need ventilating otherwise the air becomes musty and mold can develop.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

While others who been here any length of time and / or have recognised that critical thought is rarely exercised and see that such ventilation is wholly unnecessary, just as it us in plenty of other houses here…. 

True Richard. My bathroom doors are the cheap grey plastic and incorporate vents. Handles ripped off and bolts gone wonky too. But the good thing is they won't rot or suffer termites. Have to laugh!

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Quite correct. Bathrooms need ventilating otherwise the air becomes musty and mold can develop.

In UK I run a dehumifier full time in my bathroom. Definitely makes it dryer and also warmer first thing in the morning. In Thailand I place a pedestal fan inside my bathroom after showering plus use the extractor fan.  

• Thumbs Up 1