Isaan Woman

Stevey

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

No. Not all banks do this.

Colin’s was taken B20k at a time. He showed me the statements and his name written at the top and her email address and phone number below. 

I think I remember she left him about B20k out of the 6.5M. Although there must’ve been a large transaction made because as he was travelling back on that final ever off shore trip from Indonesia, they paid his money into that bank account, which I do believe was $50,000 after many months work , about $700 a day for 2plus months, as he was travelling back. She must’ve done a large transaction to extract it quickly.

Nobody’s asked what happened when he got back and found out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevey said:

Colin’s was taken B20k at a time. He showed me the statements and his name written at the top and her email address and phone number below. 

I think I remember she left him about B20k out of the 6.5M. Although there must’ve been a large transaction made because as he was travelling back on that final ever off shore trip from Indonesia, they paid his money into that bank account, which I do believe was $50,000 after many months work , about $700 a day for 2plus months, as he was travelling back. She must’ve done a large transaction to extract it quickly.

Nobody’s asked what happened when he got back and found out. 

Been following the saga closely. Very sad.

Hope it's a warning for other 'too' trusting souls.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Because it's not true.

Ok when I get time later I’ll tell ( or make up ) what happened when he got back from Indonesia but was yet to know she’d taken all the cash.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 11:54 AM, Isaan sailor said:

Got an age gap marriage to an Isaan girl.  She’s sexy, hard-working and appreciates a little money.  First thing she did after marriage—get her high school equivalence degree.  We live in her village, and a small house on the coast.  No regrets

That's interesting. Which coast of Issaan? East or West?

Hmmm, my wife is from Isaan, but she was raised and educated in the US.

Yeah, she's as feisty as it gets and in an argument will give as good as she gets.

Not sure its anything to do with her being from Isaan, but more the fact that she's just a strong confident woman.

I think there is a perception with Western men that believe Thai women are a throwback to the last century and in someways beholden to 'their man'

Not a bit of it. I wouldn't want a woman who couldn't hold her own against me in an argument.

Strong, Feisty, and Spicy thats what I look for in women

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/3/2023 at 2:23 PM, GinBoy2 said:

Hmmm, my wife is from Isaan, but she was raised and educated in the US.

Yeah, she's as feisty as it gets and in an argument will give as good as she gets.

Not sure its anything to do with her being from Isaan, but more the fact that she's just a strong confident woman.

I think there is a perception with Western men that believe Thai women are a throwback to the last century and in someways beholden to 'their man'

Not a bit of it. I wouldn't want a woman who couldn't hold her own against me in an argument.

Strong, Feisty, and Spicy thats what I look for in women

I started this thread back six months ago when I was coming to the end of 2&1/2 years in a village in Isaan. Me and my girlfriend of over 10 years on and off and we’re were going thru a lot of ups and down. She is mother to a boy who has known me as his only father figure since he was 1 years, now nearly 6. 

When I started the thread it had occurred to me one day that a lot of men such as myself when they first hit the bars saw these girls as angels and why weren’t our native women so lovely. In later years I ended up in the village where my girlfriend ended up after she got burned out in the bar where she worked that her cousin owned courtesy of her husband Col who had his bank account plundered of 6mill Baht by his wife while he was doing his last offshore trip in Indonesia, worked out it wasn’t his last.

The more time we spent together the more I saw her as shouty and a fishwife when she wasn’t being lovely and caring or just not talking to me. The more I got about in the two and half years in the PhonPhiSai area NongKhai I saw how shouty all the women are and then I noticed how shouty the young girls were. We’ve all seen these women and we have seen how Thai Men are silent and hen pecked, a poster has explained that these men have a lot to lose if they fall out with the wife and this must embolden the females. Falang need to know that these women could turn out to be mentalists and it may be too far down the road by the time they realise they were tricked. 

My own father recently returned home to the UK after not being able to live with his crazy drunk wife and has left everything he built over 30 years and returned with only the 800k he had in the Thai Bank account and lives on his UK old age pension at 77years old. 

Edited by Stevey

56 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I started this thread back six months ago when I was coming to the end of 2&1/2 years in a village in Isaan. Me and my girlfriend of over 10 years on and off and we’re were going thru a lot of ups and down. She is mother to a boy who has known me as his only father figure since he was 1 years, now nearly 6. 

When I started the thread it had occurred to me one day that a lot of men such as myself when they first hit the bars saw these girls as angels and why weren’t our native women so lovely. In later years I ended up in the village where my girlfriend ended up after she got burned out in the bar where she worked that her cousin owned courtesy of her husband Col who had his bank account plundered of 6mill Baht by his wife while he was doing his last offshore trip in Indonesia, worked out it wasn’t his last.

The more time we spent together the more I saw her as shouty and a fishwife when she wasn’t being lovely and caring or just not talking to me. The more I got about in the two and half years in the PhonPhiSai area NongKhai I saw how shouty all the women are and then I noticed how shouty the young girls were. We’ve all seen these women and we have seen how Thai Men are silent and hen pecked, a poster has explained that these men have a lot to lose if they fall out with the wife and this must embolden the females. Falang need to know that these women could turn out to be mentalists and it may be too far down the road by the time they realise they were tricked. 

My own father recently returned home to the UK after not being able to live with his crazy drunk wife and has left everything he built over 30 years and returned with only the 800k he had in the Thai Bank account and lives on his UK old age pension at 77years old. 

You should get what you write published. Then file it in the Fiction section.

Many women all over the world are on their best behavior initially, once they have their hooks in you they just don't feel the motivation to continue to behave like decent people, and you start to see who the real person is. This is why I always advocate taking your time, a year, 2 years, 3 years, maybe 5 years to really get another the woman and really get to know who you're dealing with. Her upbringing, her issues, her neurosis, her baggage, how she deals with difficulties and challenges, and whether or not you're able to establish open lines of communication.

All of that stuff is essential for a good, healthy long-term relationship. I am with a wonderful woman from Issan, and some of her personal development has come through our discourse and discussions about relationships, and some of it just came from being from a great family and being a wonderful human being. 

Don't give up. There are some really good Thai women out there. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:06 AM, Jelli said:

Known my wife 13 years and married 11. She's an absolute gem. I get none of that.

My philosophy is she gets what's left over when I'm dead. Before that she can work and save her own money as long as she takes care of the condo, laundry and me. When she retires I'll obviously have to pay her 10-15k pm for personal expenses in Bangkok. That's it. I do pay our household expenses, trips, etc.

I wouldn't have married another. I found her at 49 and she 33 (40kg). Knew immediately she was a gem but still two years before we married. To this day I'm a better, healthier person for my marriage and her.

It's comforting to know my wife is willing to care for me as I age. A post today from a guy looking for outpatient recovery center. He needs someone in his life.

Tonight brought her, parents, sis, bro, nieces to suki and cost b4000. I don't give money to parents save for odd b1000 gifts and bottle of decent whisky to her father a few times a year.

I'd never put up with a woman making zero financial contribution shouting at me. I very much consider my wife's decision, often try to please her but in the end it's about what's good for us - and me.

My guess you have little in common.

Dump her. Lots of beauties floating about

Ditto - same story for myself.  But I was not 'lucky' really.  After a few years of fun, I had decided to find a 'keeper' and I took my time looking (and I did not look in bars). Too many guys fall for the first pretty girl that shows interest - and they reap what they sow - we all do.  Far too many things to list - but number one was some advice I got many years ago.  If you have a bigger age gap than 10-15 years there could be problems later - I am in 60s now and she is in 50s (and still under 50kgs).  No tattoos.  Not too 'forward and confident'.  Etc Etc Etc.  My life has never been better than the last 10+ years - if I could go back in time, I would come to Thailand and find her 20-30 years ago.

But we all live and learn - and one thing I have learned the hard way, is that if it is an unhealthy relationship, then get out as soon as you can. Do not do what I did way back in time and try to stick it out.  But also, dont just 'storm out' - plan very carefully and organise things and take your time - and dont tell anyone - women are highly skilled at finding out what you are doing - dont even tell your best mate (his GF/wife will talk - they all do). There is absolutely no advantage is saying anything or being a big princess and making a big scene - you will lose if you do that. Paul Simon said there are '50 ways to leave your lover' and none of them are about yelling/telling her -

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free. 

There is nothing better than having a great wife, but there is nothing worse than having a bad one. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:23 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Ditto - same story for myself.  But I was not 'lucky' really.  After a few years of fun, I had decided to find a 'keeper' and I took my time looking (and I did not look in bars). Too many guys fall for the first pretty girl that shows interest - and they reap what they sow - we all do.  Far too many things to list - but number one was some advice I got many years ago.  If you have a bigger age gap than 10-15 years there could be problems later - I am in 60s now and she is in 50s (and still under 50kgs).  No tattoos.  Not too 'forward and confident'.  Etc Etc Etc.  My life has never been better than the last 10+ years - if I could go back in time, I would come to Thailand and find her 20-30 years ago.

But we all live and learn - and one thing I have learned the hard way, is that if it is an unhealthy relationship, then get out as soon as you can. Do not do what I did way back in time and try to stick it out.  But also, dont just 'storm out' - plan very carefully and organise things and take your time - and dont tell anyone - women are highly skilled at finding out what you are doing - dont even tell your best mate (his GF/wife will talk - they all do). There is absolutely no advantage is saying anything or being a big princess and making a big scene - you will lose if you do that. Paul Simon said there are '50 ways to leave your lover' and none of them are about yelling/telling her -

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free. 

There is nothing better than having a great wife, but there is nothing worse than having a bad one. 

your definitely correct on leaving. I actually just put the phone down on her coz she was shouting at the little nearly 6 year old for being naughty, but not that naughty to need to get so emotional. 

I did leave her six months before I came back to England , a year ago. 

I put everything of mine on my Saleng side car , never bought a car as I’m just not sure enough, and left and stayed at my friends house for a week. I then realised all things I was missing. The little one and the dogs and the garden and the home and basically relented. I learnt that sometimes you have to put up with the rough to get the smooth. 

• Sad 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:01 AM, spidermike007 said:

Many women all over the world are on their best behavior initially, once they have their hooks in you they just don't feel the motivation to continue to behave like decent people, and you start to see who the real person is. This is why I always advocate taking your time, a year, 2 years, 3 years, maybe 5 years to really get another the woman and really get to know who you're dealing with. Her upbringing, her issues, her neurosis, her baggage, how she deals with difficulties and challenges, and whether or not you're able to establish open lines of communication.

All of that stuff is essential for a good, healthy long-term relationship. I am with a wonderful woman from Issan, and some of her personal development has come through our discourse and discussions about relationships, and some of it just came from being from a great family and being a wonderful human being. 

Don't give up. There are some really good Thai women out there. 

Even a Thai woman told me wait 5 years with a woman before getting married. She said 99% are bad.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, bignok said:

Even a Thai woman told me wait 5 years with a woman before getting married. She said 99% are bad.

While I do agree that waiting is a good thing, two, three years minimum to really get to know a gal, to say 99% are bad, wow that's quite an indictment of her own people. Either that or she just has an incredibly inflated sense of self. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Stevey said:

your definitely correct on leaving. I actually just put the phone down on her coz she was shouting at the little nearly 6 year old for being naughty, but not that naughty to need to get so emotional. 

I did leave her six months before I came back to England , a year ago. 

I put everything of mine on my Saleng side car , never bought a car as I’m just not sure enough, and left and stayed at my friends house for a week. I then realised all things I was missing. The little one and the dogs and the garden and the home and basically relented. I learnt that sometimes you have to put up with the rough to get the smooth. 

That is why so many blokes put up with their special type of 'abuse' - and then it is too late to leave - and next is that she/family kick you out.

It aint ever going to be better to stay, and it aint ever going to be easy to leave.

The plan IMO should be to go somewhewre where she cannot find you - perhaps another country would be best - The Philippines? Spain?

Plenty of single blokes down Jopmtein/Pattaya way that have been through exactly what you are going through.

Somewhere you can go and live by yourself for a while and let things work themselves out.

After that maybe you can find another - but dont look there - look elsewhere for a good keeper.