Isaan Woman

Stevey

women test you always, you need just to do what you want to do rather than suggest, so in this case if you want a pond do it, you don't need any approval, and so buy and plant that three. you got wife not a mother.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I can tell you keep harping on the uneducated villagers theme in order to get a rise out of people. I've never asked any Thais if they know where moon light comes from, but I'm deeply skeptical that an overwhelming majority don't know it's reflected sunlight. Too busy this morning pruning trees, but I plan to spot check with my neighbors if they know this. Little hesitant though, kind of worried they might think I think they're stupid.

Personally, I suspect the oldsters were showering you with ooohs and aaahs just to be polite and to get you to shut up either because they couldn't understand your Thai or because they could see you were so full of yourself. Another thing somebody needs to explain to you is that up until I believe the 1970's many rural areas in Thailand did not have public schools and the only educational resource was the local temple. That's why some older villagers may be only semi-literate and are poorly educated. But it is really inappropriate for you to be ridiculing them as stupid just because they happened to have grown up in an educationally deprived environment.

Another thing I wanted to tell Copernicus is that if you're living in your wife's village, those villagers almost certainly know more about your wife than you do. They know her educational, work, credit, financial, romantic, marital and health histories. They probably have a better idea of her true feelings towards you than you do. All you knew before you got married is what she wanted you to know. If there are any skeletons in her closet, there's a pretty good chance the villagers are cackling behind your back about what an idiot you were to marry her. Point being, you're not the only one who can point fingers and snicker about how stupid people are.

Not trying to lower the boom here, just trying to tell you you are way out of line in the respect department.

Jesus Christ you really are fighting these peoples corner. I’m not married to anyone and never have been. 

you are trying to paint me as someone I’m not. Firstly I’m a great guy and that’s not coming across in your character assassination. Secondly I have a great respect for anybody old or young that comes across as respectful and Jai Dee. The old 75 year old basket weaver next door gets no respect as his chickens are released at 10am and proceed to <deleted> all over out external floors and eat anything on table tops that have not been cleared away safely, whole pile of sliced and ready Papaya for SomTam gone. Mai pen lai. He cares for himself only. 

I draw the worst out in people because I won’t let any bad deed go unpunished. Take for instance outside the school. My girlfriends son who has only known me as his Por. So what that makes me to him I’m not sure. Maybe someone can educate me, there’s a lot of it going on in Thailand.

So I’m no shrinking violet and have zero embarrassment much to the surprise in the moment that those who happen to think they can act out in life like there are no consequences. 

An other example. So the same old guy who my girlfriend calls to buy my Heineken bottles and had recently given her B20 for 6 sackfuls she’d saved also sells plastic glasses of fizzy pop and ice 5 baht a pop outside the school. I’d took him to task on several occasions previously about giving us the last dregs of an already opened 50 times bottle of coke or what not. And after we’d had another beer and plastic bottle buyer come and give us 40baht for a fraction of what she’d given him. I wasn’t having it anymore. 

I told him I didn’t want the dregs and there was an unopened bottle ready to go right there. He challenged me saying it was just for a kid. Mai pen lai. I gave him his 5 baht as the little’n had started drinking it. Later thrown away as it had zero bubbles. I do believe I told him he was a prick and pranced after giving him a look I normally give before thinking about attempting to knock someone out. I don’t like to be bullied or see someone bullied. But because of the way society is here people get stiffed because no one will stand up for themselves. On all three side of our house we have families taking liberties and my girlfriend won’t say a peep in fear of been seen as a trouble maker while I have told people what I think of them in in unintelligible Thai many times. Great fun. 

You sound like a right walk over. 

7 minutes ago, Stevey said:

Jesus Christ you really are fighting these peoples corner. I’m not married to anyone and never have been. 

you are trying to paint me as someone I’m not. Firstly I’m a great guy and that’s not coming across in your character assassination. Secondly I have a great respect for anybody old or young that comes across as respectful and Jai Dee. The old 75 year old basket weaver next door gets no respect as his chickens are released at 10am and proceed to <deleted> all over out external floors and eat anything on table tops that have not been cleared away safely, whole pile of sliced and ready Papaya for SomTam gone. Mai pen lai. He cares for himself only. 

I draw the worst out in people because I won’t let any bad deed go unpunished. Take for instance outside the school. My girlfriends son who has only known me as his Por. So what that makes me to him I’m not sure. Maybe someone can educate me, there’s a lot of it going on in Thailand.

So I’m no shrinking violet and have zero embarrassment much to the surprise in the moment that those who happen to think they can act out in life like there are no consequences. 

An other example. So the same old guy who my girlfriend calls to buy my Heineken bottles and had recently given her B20 for 6 sackfuls she’d saved also sells plastic glasses of fizzy pop and ice 5 baht a pop outside the school. I’d took him to task on several occasions previously about giving us the last dregs of an already opened 50 times bottle of coke or what not. And after we’d had another beer and plastic bottle buyer come and give us 40baht for a fraction of what she’d given him. I wasn’t having it anymore. 

I told him I didn’t want the dregs and there was an unopened bottle ready to go right there. He challenged me saying it was just for a kid. Mai pen lai. I gave him his 5 baht as the little’n had started drinking it. Later thrown away as it had zero bubbles. I do believe I told him he was a prick and pranced after giving him a look I normally give before thinking about attempting to knock someone out. I don’t like to be bullied or see someone bullied. But because of the way society is here people get stiffed because no one will stand up for themselves. On all three side of our house we have families taking liberties and my girlfriend won’t say a peep in fear of been seen as a trouble maker while I have told people what I think of them in in unintelligible Thai many times. Great fun. 

You will make your gf/wife proud and happy, and make a happy life with no complications at all. Just carry on as you do, what can possible go wrong?

Omg

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevey said:

My point proved once again.

3 hours ago, indyo said:

women test you always, you need just to do what you want to do rather than suggest, so in this case if you want a pond do it, you don't need any approval, and so buy and plant that three. you got wife not a mother.

I’m considering it.

It’s funny I saw the local excavator man in the village go by a few weeks ago. I’d been on at him to give me a price for a 4x4 x2m deep pool in the front but he’s said he was up to his eyes in work. Well this day he rolled by in his ranger 4 up with pals on the lash and scrawled in the dirt of his Ranger 4500 baht for a day and he had a slot tomorrow. I told him I’d have to clear it with her once and he laughed and said “ you’re the man ! “ and although I actually paid for the land to get it from her brother that means nothing. 

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2023 at 9:07 AM, Stevey said:

When I first came to this village in NongKhai , I met Colin a Falang and LLS in diving. He trusted his wife and he recently had his bank account of raided of his 6.5Million baht savings plus she lent money on all land they had bought plus small apartments in BKK and his tractor and both SUVs house just repossessed as she had lent cash on that too. How do people lose so much gambling? They have an 11 year old, although he cannot speak Isaan so cannot communicate. He’s too cleaver to learn apparently. 

....I think you mean borrowed not lent.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 1:55 AM, Bohemianfish said:

My wife is fine. She's gotten shouty just a couple of times in the last 11 years. As much as myself. Our assets are both of ours. She's been in the states 9 years, but don't find that pertinent to her behavior.

My wife loves to shout and scream at her 85+ year old mother, her 37 year old daughter, her 10 year old grandson and me.

Somehow the 35 year old son who is gay and associates as a woman avoids this.

Lucky he is not a policeman.????????

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 5:43 PM, foreverlomsak said:

As do I, or at least not very much English, they are scared (too strong a word really) to say anything in case they get it wrong. My daughter speaks English reasonably well with me, but will not speak with other English speakers.

Big difference in my village, most of the women appear to be the bread winners, in that there is always big groups of them gathered round a house or 2, cleaning and grading the various seasonal crops from the surrounding fields. There are a few men there doing the same but tend to be of the older generation, who are not able to do heavy lifting or work in the fields.

When pick-ups pass by the house in the early hours to go to the fields or return in the evenings, they tend to be 75% women.

The men who do the heavy lifting, the big baskets of crops in and out of the pick-ups, etc., and act as drivers tend to be of mid-range age and rest up during loads.

The younger men and girls (pre-teens, teens and twenties) just scoot about on motorcycles with friends or getting drinks and food, while the older children look after (or not) the younger ones.

There is a lot of generalization in the above, and is probably miles off reality, as I only see a fraction of what happens day by day around my house, but it is still my perception after 17 years.

One item that is noticeable is the amount of young males who fly around the village on motorbikes with a rooster under their arm (and it's not cooked either).

How remote is your village ? 

On 4/10/2023 at 11:06 AM, Gecko123 said:

Another thing I wanted to tell Copernicus is that if you're living in your wife's village, those villagers almost certainly know more about your wife than you do. They know her educational, work, credit, financial, romantic, marital and health histories. They probably have a better idea of her true feelings towards you than you do. All you knew before you got married is what she wanted you to know. If there are any skeletons in her closet, there's a pretty good chance the villagers are cackling behind your back about what an idiot you were to marry her. Point being, you're not the only one who can point fingers and snicker about how stupid people are.

Another good reason to not live in her village.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

@Gecko123

Well if paranoid, any place will turn toxic, or your relationship is toxix, no place will be good.

Yeah, but at least in the big city you aren't surrounded by her relatives that all want to kill you.

............. and plenty of bars with sympathetic ladies to talk to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/9/2023 at 1:55 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Single is so much better, do what you want, when you want, see different women, see friends. Guys lose all power once married and the wife has money

Exactly.

I never look back.

Bliss.

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, but at least in the big city you aren't surrounded by her relatives that all want to kill you.

Oh my god, say no more,

Life must have been a journey on the dark side Britman. I feel for you.

Hanging around you guys must be fun, 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I would rather my wife disagree, have input, even if a little loud to get the point across, than receive an 'up to you' response 

A level of disagreement and discussion is healthy ???? 

The regular 'experienced posters' don't appear too knowledgeable about the real rural Issan, high volume is not unusual in conversation or music  

• Thumbs Up 1