Far-right county throws out voting machines – with nothing to replace them

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

But what makes you think that counting ballots by hand is going to settle the issue. This stuff is created by conspiracy theorist trolls and subscribed to by true believers. Tens of millions of them. You don't think they can create other lies which will be believed by these same people?

At the end of the day it's a subject that grinds on all sides. No one wants to ever admit defeat, hence giving out participation awards to kids, its teaches them they are still in it and somebody must have cheated to get the bigger awards. Like claiming the vote was rigged  or stolen. Where do we begin to end the appeasement of all. 

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really? Was not wanting to admit defeat a real problem until Trump came along? Where even repeated court decisions and recounts counted for nothing? Not a good idea to legitimate conspiracy theories.

I posted to indicate where I believe the problems started, nothing more. You are correct that the biggest complainer has been the former POTUS  who can never admit he has done anything wrong or lost.  It's what feeds the class of people, his support base, I indicated by posting what I did about getting participation trophies without actually earning the trophy as a winner, and how they in turn follow his lead, ergo all of the recounts being done across the country try for different offices.

My take, on what Shasta County is doing, is it will shut these type of people down. No room for error as hand counting is what is done now when a vote is disputed, or am I wrong?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really? Georgia had a complete hand recount. Denialists still don't accept that Biden won there.

The Arizona Senate authorized a hand recount of Maricopa county ballots where widespread fraud was alleged.  Denialists still don't accept that Biden won Arizona.

As I indicated as well, you can not please all of the people all of the time only some of the people. Enjoy.

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And since you cannot please election denialists whenever an election goes against their candidate, why bother?

Now your getting close to baiting. Read the posts I made however you want. At no time did I claim to be a denialist or post any verbiage to indicate any type of rhetoric except the analogy of participation trophies. My posts have been in regards to manual hand counts and that's it. Agree to disagree with your viewpoints about why bother. I am a conservative liberal who votes accordingly, not a fan of the two parties by any means. Tell us how the voting should be done to shut down the issues you post about, denialists 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That's the point, there is no way to shut down the denialists when the results go against them.

Why spend a lot of money, government money, on something that has been proven to not be a problem and will placate noone.

Sometimes you need to return to the beginning and rebuild.  Of course that is just my view as two wrongs do not ever make a right.

13 hours ago, Pink Mist said:

Sometimes you need to return to the beginning and rebuild.  Of course that is just my view as two wrongs do not ever make a right.

That’s not just your view, that’s he view of Steve Bannon and the Alt-Right extremists he associates with.

Destroy the Republic and rebuild it as a fascist state.

https://newlinesmag.com/argument/trump-ally-steve-bannon-wants-to-destroy-u-s-society-as-we-know-it/

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s not just your view, that’s he view of Steve Bannon and the rightwing extremists he as ousted with.

Destroy the Republic and rebuild it as a fascist state.

https://newlinesmag.com/argument/trump-ally-steve-bannon-wants-to-destroy-u-s-society-as-we-know-it/

Return to the beginning, as in the way we vote, nothing radical like what the MAGA republicans want, as that's not what I meant.

Just now, Pink Mist said:

Return to the beginning, as in the way we vote, nothing radical like what the MAGA republicans want, as that's not what I meant.

My apologies, but the idea of ‘a reset’ central to Alt-Right objectives and is common among other authoritarian extremist movements throughout history.

There’s a playbook, Trump and the Alt-Right are on it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My apologies, but the idea of ‘a reset’ central to Alt-Right objectives and is common among other authoritarian extremist movements throughout history.

There’s a playbook, Trump and the Alt-Right are on it.

Did you see my voting party I posted above in one of my posts. Completely different views and not those of Dems either.

On 4/9/2023 at 9:55 PM, JayClay said:

Indeed. Humans are far more difficult to corrupt than machines....

Sure but I'm gessing someone, where needed, will claim the hand count and the count using the new 'equipment' was corrupted. 

24 minutes ago, Pink Mist said:

I would like to see a return to verifiable voting, so if an event like the Fulton county water leak results in counting to stop and observers sent home and then cctv shows boxes of ballots pulled out from under the table and rammed through the tabulators it will be super easy to prove it's all above board and legitimate by doing a forensic recount making sure signatures matches, the vote was cast be a registered voter, everything as the voter intended etc. A simple audit would have lessened the insecurity over the win.

I do not think either side will be happy, but it has been amusing after the left spent 4 years calling Trump illegitimate(falsely and without evidence) and claiming he cheated by colluding with Putin(without any evidence) to see them shocked that Republicans cast doubts on their win. 

BTW election denier Nancy Pelosi is STILL claiming Trump was illegitimate as of last week and spreading conspiracy theories. No wonder the right raise eyebrows when the left accuse only the right of being election deniers - and then rush to censor the predictable fact checks and reality checks. A proper mess.

“It was her clarity and position to [Mr Putin] that made him turn around and ensure in an illegal way come out against her in her campaign,” Ms Pelosi said.

“Interference in our democracy by Vladimir Putin, because Hillary Clinton was the person he feared most in terms of his lack of democracy in Russia.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/putin-fearing-hillary-clinton-nancy-pelosi-b2313628.html

Edited by SunnyinBangrak
  • Confused 3
  • Love It 1

Why OH! Why is any one slightly right of Karl Marx automatically branded "Far right or racist " by the "Lame stream media and gutter press" ???. is no one allowed anymore  to think outside of the woke propagandism  agenda peddled and funded by the world globalist elites  ???

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

On 4/9/2023 at 9:51 PM, BangkokReady said:

Has it been proven to be false?

Yes. Completely and utterly false. 

USA Today provided the conventional assessment of those challenges: “Out of the 62 lawsuits filed challenging the presidential election, 61 have failed,” and “decisions have came [sic] from both Democratic-appointed and Republican-appointed judges.” (In fact, most of the judges were elected state judges.)

One victory out of 62 cases is about a 1.5% win rate. Looked at differently, as I do in this post, Trump performed slightly better. This post examines all judicial decisions in the cases, not just the cases’ ultimate outcomes. A case might produce an initial decision in a trial court, another set of votes on appeal to a multi-judge intermediate appellate court, and a final set of votes on appeal to the jurisdiction’s multi-judge supreme court—one case, but perhaps over 10 separate judicial votes. By that measure, 14% of judges’ individual decisions or votes—18% in state cases only—were favorable to Trump.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2021/11/30/trumps-judicial-campaign-to-upend-the-2020-election-a-failure-but-not-a-wipe-out/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, banglay said:

Why OH! Why is any one slightly right of Karl Marx automatically branded "Far right or racist " by the "Lame stream media and gutter press" ???. is no one allowed anymore  to think outside of the woke propagandism  agenda peddled and funded by the world globalist elites  ???

Odd line of argument given your resort to the conspiracy theory of a  ‘woke propagandism agenda peddled and funded by the wold globalist elites’.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1