Court of Justice Urges Thai Citizens to Refrain from Driving After Drinking During Songkran

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

hope springs eternal but on past evidence there's probably more chance of Lord Lucan turning up on Shergar than folk actually abstaining before jumping in the motor .. 

Lord Lucan on Shergar! I just saw them ambling down my Soi.

That Gorilla Glue definitely good reefer...

But seriously folks, this Songkran don't drink Drive.  It's a washing powder. 

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

Yes but you can weed your face off no problem for some very happy crashing "good luck everyone" ????

The Netherlands did some tests, bless their progressive socks.

They found stoned drivers drove as safely, if not more so, than sober drivers.

Weed does not promote unwarranted overconfidence in the way that highly addictive, and overwhelmingly deadly alcohol does. 

Have a safe and water-free Songkran!

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Drunk driving needs to be effectively dealt with and examples made. It seems to be a badge of honor to have been banged up for driving drunk, fined and let go........

11am. three guys in the front of a pick-up passing a large Chang between themselves about midday seen recently...We have a ways to go......

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Court of Justice has warned Thai citizens not to drive vehicles while drunk during the upcoming Songkran festival after seeing an uptick in traffic accidents in the past two years.

How about drink anything do not drive?

Just a suggestion but perhaps Thailand could promote the designated driver system?

If just one person in the family would volunteer not to drink and the drunkards sit in the back it might help.

Needs a govt committee to set up a campaign, of course... obviously wont work if the macho boys swear they can drive after a bottle of white whisky but might persuade their teetotal wives to drive.

I would much rather see The Court of Justice , say anyone caught driving

while under the influence of alcohol , is going to jail , no if or buts , I am sure

that would be a better deterrent , than  just saying refrain ....

regards worgeordie  

• Like 1