Pepsi Introduces Bottles Made from Recycled Plastic

snoop1130

1681204546_090876-tnamcot-768x512.jpg

BANGKOK, April 11 (TNA) – Pepsi will switch to 100% recycled plastic for its 550ml bottles, which will be available in the market within this month.

Suntory PepsiCo Beverage (Thailand), Property Management of Chulalongkorn University and ENVICCO Ltd. producer of high quality post-consumer recycled (PCR) resins officially launched the “Pepsi Recycled PET Bottle Campaign” to introduce the 100% rPET bottles for Pepsi.

The pilot project will start with the 550 ml bottles of Pepsi and Pepsi No Sugar before the company’s other products will follow the suit.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1152117

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-04-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Sorry, Pepsi coke call it what you want, is a sugar laden awful tasting drink that with a crap, US fast food diet with have you in the endocrinologists office by the time you are 40. And it rots your kids teeth. Don't drink this poison.

But half the planet likes it, including me, the sugar free one..........:stoner:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thailand has a habit of throwing plastic bottles away without regards to ensuring they are collected and recycled. Hopefully, this may make more people aware that they can be recycled. 

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The pilot project will start with the 550 ml bottles of Pepsi and Pepsi No Sugar before the company’s other products will follow the suit.

Pepsi no sugar... but filled with other rubbish as a substitute.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Where I live in Thailand public refuse bins are visited daily by scavengers who collect plastic bottles and sell them on for recycling. I see others walking main road verges searching out and collecting plastic bottles which there fellow  countrymen thoughtfully toss from their moving vehicles.

The daily income for many Thai people

15 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Sorry, Pepsi coke call it what you want, is a sugar laden awful tasting drink that with a crap, US fast food diet with have you in the endocrinologists office by the time you are 40. And it rots your kids teeth. Don't drink this poison.

Indeed. Instead, drink micro plastics, pesticides and heavy metals in water, eat hormones and antibiotics laden meat, pesticides and herbicides sprayed fruits and veggies covered in wax, splash all that down with some strong alcohol for disinfection, and go out and breathe the smokey air. And let's not forget all that preservatives that keep all food stuff from going off... Such a healthy lifestyle that will surely make you avoid any doctors until you're 140, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

...and alcohol is better?

• Haha 1

Well then Pepsi got a good deal with a PET recycle company.

In "my" country they also recycle PET, but the problem is/was, recycled PET was more expensive then new PET. If it only differs 1 $cent/bottle, then on a million bottles, it cost you 10000 dollar extra.

No CEO wil say, ok lets do that.

Pepsi or any other PET bottle using company will ever do.

So now Pepsi had it cheaper and therefor use it, cheaper and therefor more profit, nothing else.

2 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Well then Pepsi got a good deal with a PET recycle company.

In "my" country they also recycle PET, but the problem is/was, recycled PET was more expensive then new PET. If it only differs 1 $cent/bottle, then on a million bottles, it cost you 10000 dollar extra.

No CEO wil say, ok lets do that.

Pepsi or any other PET bottle using company will ever do.

So now Pepsi had it cheaper and therefor use it, cheaper and therefor more profit, nothing else.

$10k USD is squat....  I worked for a company back in the 80s where they spent more than that on free stationary, free coffee/hot chocolate, free instant soups, and monthly BBQs with kegs of beer for the employees.....  GPTW!

NOTE: That company set the standard for what many of today's top employers strive to be.

4 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Where I live in Thailand public refuse bins are visited daily by scavengers who collect plastic bottles and sell them on for recycling. I see others walking main road verges searching out and collecting plastic bottles which there fellow  countrymen thoughtfully toss from their moving vehicles.

I see this too, there must be some recycling centers somewhere paying cash for bottles. That's a very good thing and more than likely doing some real good for the environment. God knows that Pattaya beaches are littered with plastic. Really bad at times.

7 hours ago, LennyW said:

Which it does very easily, recycling plastic is very big business here from street level trash pickers upwards.

I totally commend the effort, but is the plastic actually recycled? A couple years ago there was a journalistic investigation into recycled plastic and it seems that not much of it actually was recycled.

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/24/1131131088/recycling-plastic-is-practically-impossible-and-the-problem-is-getting-worse#:~:text=Press-,Greenpeace report finds most plastic goes to landfills as production,plastic production is ramping up.

23 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

$10k USD is squat....  I worked for a company back in the 80s where they spent more than that on free stationary, free coffee/hot chocolate, free instant soups, and monthly BBQs with kegs of beer for the employees.....  GPTW!

NOTE: That company set the standard for what many of today's top employers strive to be.

No idea what the difference is between recycled and new, just took some numbers.

Just 1 million bottles , but probably way more.

I worked for a big company, i coudlnt even order tapes for a brother label printer, needed.