Foreigners Rounded Up In Buriram Crackdown

webfact

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

Bang on the money. I dont some people seem to support people overstaying their visas. 
i'm sure if it were foreignerin overstaying  their own country they'd most likel  be complainng. 

Well it seems even the UK government can't complain about the illegals coming to  Britain,  .

It makes me sick to hear all these sanctimonious types whingeing on behalf of the immigration authorities here.

Virtue signalling at best , and spitefulness at worst, nothing else.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BritScot said:

I would disagree. A few days or a week is easily missed however when you get into 3 or 4 figures a different story and they are the ones that should be reported. Using foreigners as a score card is despicable. 

Yes, very easily missed if you're drunk as a skunk 24/7. Still no excuse.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

So they had a crackdown that kept police busy for 14 days, and all they could find were SIX foreigners on overstay? It took them more than two days, in average, to round up even a single overstaying foreigner?

What a joke.

How about this:

Drunk driving is probably a much bigger problem in Buriram than overstaying foreigners, so it would be a much better use of police resources to crack down on that instead.

No. No it wouldn't.

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

Even with vpn it is illegal! you have to be dumb to believe if you do something illegal over vpn
that it should then be legal????????????

If you do whatever over  VPN surely  its a moot point?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

No, Russians do not live in Buriram normally ???? 99% of them live in Pattaya, Phuket, Samui. Some of them live in Bangkok as well.

Like most of the foreigners in Thailand ????

16 hours ago, geisha said:

Nowhere in the world can you walk into countries  and do as you like !  You do not stay illegally in US, UK or any other countries either without risk of being deported etc.  Why should Thailand be different ?  Get a visa, do border runs, milk the system if you like but don’t consciously break the rules.  There are a lot of people that need to go back to their own countries.  

Years ago in the U.S. my brother-in-law jumped ship from a Thai tour group and stayed.  He never got caught and eventually married a Thai gal for purposes of green card/citizenship.  He worked with another Thai guy at a bagel bakery.  That guy got caught for using someone else's social Security number, maybe to get a driver's license. Went to court and got fined, but was never reported to the Feds.  He's still here and apparently has gotten legal somehow. 

I guess there are ways of staying under the radar wherever you go.  My "Thai" wife did something similar more than 50 years ago, having been a child of a displaced person.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:31 AM, geisha said:

Nowhere in the world can you walk into countries  and do as you like !  You do not stay illegally in US, UK or any other countries either without risk of being deported etc.  Why should Thailand be different ?  Get a visa, do border runs, milk the system if you like but don’t consciously break the rules.  There are a lot of people that need to go back to their own countries.  

But They DON'T Deport Illegals from the U.K......They Put them in 4 / 5 * Hotels with 3 FREE Meals,A Day & Also give them Spending money for their Ciggies & Booze.....

On 4/12/2023 at 11:56 AM, transam said:

Immigration is a department of the R.T.P., our lad, who is Boarder Patrol Police, could get a transfer to Immigration if he wanted. ☺️

One of my B-I-L's Is Also a Border Patrol Police, I Didn't Know that he could get a Transfer.......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

But They DON'T Deport Illegals from the U.K......They Put them in 4 / 5 * Hotels with 3 FREE Meals,A Day & Also give them Spending money for their Ciggies & Booze.....

Correct and when they do try to deport a few, the European courts won't allow it!

• 3 weeks later...