Nearly half of Americans think Trump should suspend 2024 campaign after indictment: poll

Social Media

2 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Did ya see the video I posted with Biden saying that was his intention of Trump ran for president again??

I saw it and transcribed the comment in question. I also pointed out the deficiency in your interpretation. For which you had no reply. And I also pointed out that this was an "ad hoc" comment. So awkward on the spot wording is not proof of anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If say , 10 % of people laughed at the question , gave it a ???? as a response , then that would leave just 42 % of people thinking that he should run ?

Why not go to the start of the thread. The answer will appear soon enough. But as far as the math reasoning goes, you're correct.

41 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Did ya see the video I posted with Biden saying that was his intention of Trump ran for president again??

Placeholder replied to it. What evidence to you have that Biden has interfered? None.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

And my guess  (repeat guess) is that 18 % of voters (half of that 36% of all voters) would vote for trump and praise him, all wearing their MAGA hats while he burned their houses down and pushed for their gay sons or daughters to be beheaded and passed laws for dark skinned folks to be denied any meaningful education and kept at a survival income level and bashed violentry by the police at will and with no recourse.

The final 18% , the small % of all voters who have difficulty to count past 10. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 2009 said:

Yeah, but it's clear these charges are trumped up. (Lol. Couldn't help it. ????)

The timing with his arrest and him running for presidency again is a bit more than a coincidence.

Biden even said that they would do everything in their legal power to stop him becoming president if he did run again. Lol.

Watch this from 25:19 to hear him say that, "If he does run,.........."

Is it really Biden's job to use the law to prevent someone else becoming president after him? I thought that was the job of the voters in a democracy, no??

Unethical.

You don't get it.

The reason he's running is that he falsely thought he could shield himself from prosecution that way as use that as excuse why he should still be above the law.

Of course if he wins. we get a dictator for life as presidents can't be prosecuted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

I saw it and transcribed the comment in question. I also pointed out the deficiency in your interpretation. For which you had no reply. And I also pointed out that this was an "ad hoc" comment. So awkward on the spot wording is not proof of anything.

What's your interpretation of his words?

4 hours ago, candide said:

Placeholder replied to it. What evidence to you have that Biden has interfered? None.

He said, in that video I posted, that he would do everything legally possible within the constitution to interfere (if Trump ran for office again).

He stated that as his intention.

Edited by 2009
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2009 said:

He said, in that video I posted, that he would do everything legally possible within the constitution to interfere (if Trump ran for office again).

He stated that as his intention.

He used the word "interfere"? Stop making things up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That's silly.

Democrats that know what's what WANT Trump to be nominated because he's such a LOSER! Easiest to beat by Biden by far. I doubt Biden can beat any other republican they might nominate.

Do you really NOT get this?

Biden is senile. Seriously, have you not seen him talk? He gets mixed up with where he is, what he's doing, where he's walking, what the topic is, answering simple questions etc. etc.

How can he beat anyone?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

Biden is senile. Seriously, have you not seen him talk? He gets mixed up with where he is, what he's doing, where he's walking, what the topic is, answering simple questions etc. etc.

How can he beat anyone?

He's not an insurrectionist Putin's poodle fascist. Biden will beat Trump.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Moths to the flame.... what is it that grants Trump so much real estate in peoples' heads?

Leading candidate for nomination in 2024. So spare us the real estate cliché. Who gave the US among other things 3 extreme rightwing justices and if he gets reelected may get the chance to select more.

Also,thanks to him, the clown who attempted to ban the use of mifepristone.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

He used the word "interfere"? Stop making things up.

He said this:

'We just have to demonstrate that he will not take power,by, if he does run, under the legitimate efforts of our constitution, does not become the next president again."

What does this sound like to you? Does this not sound like interference?

Shouldn't the people elect a president by voting in a democracy?

It is interference for a president to get in the way of democracy.

Edited by 2009
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

He said this:

'We just have to demonstrate that he will not take power,by, if he does run, under the legitimate efforts of our constitution, does not become the next president again."

What does this sound like to you? Does this not sound like interference?

Shouldn't the people elect a president by voting in a democracy?

It is interference for a president to get in the way of democracy.

First off you're taking an awkward ad hoc quote and turning into a conspiracy theory. And he says "using the legitimate efforts of our constitution". That hardly sounds like a threat of skullduggery. And, as I also pointed out, this administration gave the US attorney for Delaware, who was appointed by Donald Trump, the final authority to decide whether Hunter Biden should be prosecuted."

Come back to us when you have some real evidence. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

First off you're taking an awkward ad hoc quote and turning into a conspiracy theory. And he says "using the legitimate efforts of our constitution". That hardly sounds like a threat of skullduggery. And, as I also pointed out, this administration gave the US attorney for Delaware, who was appointed by Donald Trump, the final authority to decide whether Hunter Biden should be prosecuted."

Come back to us when you have some real evidence. Good luck with that.

You are missing the point.

Don't you think Biden should just focus on running the country, and let the next elections be decided by the voters?

(Rather than focusing his efforts on stopping Trump from being elected again.)

Doesn't this make you uncomfortable? Why is it Biden's job to do that?

Don't you think it's unethical for him to even state those intentions? Seems like a misuse of his power.

Edited by 2009
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 2009 said:

So, Trump runs for president, they indict him, and half the people think he should stop running. ????

Sad day for democracy. ????

I wonder if those people are democrats, by any chance?

We don't use the word democrat to describe them anymore. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, 2009 said:

You are missing the point.

Don't you think Biden should just focus on running the country, and let the next elections be decided by the voters?

(Rather than focusing his efforts on stopping Trump from being elected again.)

Doesn't this make you uncomfortable? Why is it Biden's job to do that?

Don't you think it's unethical for him to even state those intentions? Seems like a misuse of his power.

What I'm not missing is the usual right wing tactic of giving a statement the most discreditable interpretation possible, and basing a conspiracy theory on that. One shaky "gotcha" is proof of nothing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

What Americans really don’t want—a rematch of Trump/Biden.  Both have too much baggage, both too old and one is borderline senile and needs a teleprompter to speak coherently.

Funny. I just saw his press conference after the November 2022 elections and I didn't see that. This BS is just based on gotcha moments.  And a big thanks to 2009 for drawing my attention to it.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, candide said:

So, as noticed by placeholder, he did  ot say he will interfere. That's only your interpretation. However, he clearly made a reference to the Constitution. Does the Constitution allow a president to interfere?

Anyway, a biased interpretation of a not very clear statement does not prove anything. How exactly did he interefere and what is the evidence? You have nothing.

Lol.

I am not even trying to prove he interfered by arresting Trump.

Where have I even attempted to show evidence that he did that??

(Though the timing is convenient, that's for sure)

What I am saying (multiple times already) is that it is unethical (suspicious even) for him to say that he'd do everything in his legal power to stop Trump becoming president again.

I don't think it's his job to do that. He should leave that to the voters because it's supposed to be a democracy.

Do you agree or disagree with that? Placeholder dodged this question. Will you?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1