How do you prepare a steak?

Hummin

I bought 4 x New Zealand grass fed steaks, reduced from THB315 each, to THB106 earlier this week. Very tasty with my home made black pepper sauce, fries. peas and mushrooms.

I just season, and cook them low and slow in butter to how I like them.

Never made the black pepper sauce before, but it was surprisingly easy:

https://www.pepperbowl.com/black-pepper-sauce/

On 4/15/2023 at 11:32 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Correct...  I sear in Olive Oil, then add the butter, garlic and Rosemary and baste... (I corrected the mistake in my ‘previously rushed’ comment).

If you are suggesting not to use butter at all.... then we disagree. 

I cook my steak exactly the same way as yourself. Although I don't know where to source fresh Rosemary in Pattaya. Any clues?

Sear in beef tallow, about 1 min on best looking side, then flip every 30-45 secs, till reach internal temp desire, 130-135F / ~55C, very short rest, as I like my steak a bit hotter than just warm.

Those less experienced cooks can do a reverse sear, (1.5-2' thick) as pretty hard to screw that up, if having probe thermometer.  

Thin steaks and real easy to go pass your desired temp, why I prefer to cut my own.   Few pre-cut steaks are cut thick enough for my liking.  Added advantage of cutting steaks off a large piece, get plenty of fat to render down for tallow.

In our area, Makro carries 'Harvey' brand, and decent pieces of Sirloin or Picanha.

Edited by KhunLA