Emergency 7 days Extension

I'm on visa excempt (45d) from a border run plus a 30 day extension on top of that and my visa expires tomorrow on 16th .. Is it still possible to pay 1900b at immigration on Monday and get 7 days? If so would I get overstay or is it treated like a normal extension and if immigration is closed on the expiry date you can avoid the overstay?

Your best option is to do a border-bounce today or tomorrow - the day of your Permit to stay expiry.

Do provide the info where you are currently staying, and how long you plan to stay in Thailand, so that posters can provide you with advice on what would work out best for you.

On 4/15/2023 at 2:32 AM, Maestro said:

You get a stamp in your passport stating that tour application for extension of stay is denied and that you must leave the country not later than a specified date, which is seven days after the application. During that period, you are not on overstay.

So if my visa expired today on 16th and I go to Immigration tomorrow when it opens and get denied and 7 days to leave stamp, I don't get the 1 day overstay correct? Thats all I wanted to know.

I'm not doing a border bounce from Hua Hin in the middle of Songkhran, so who cares if have to pay 1900baht for 7 days ... there are no flights either, I don't konw who would do that during holidays to save 1900baht, I don't want overstay it effects my longer visas.

7 minutes ago, Bingo66 said:

, I don't konw who would do that during holidays to save 1900baht, I don't want overstay it effects my longer visas

And I don't know who would have such lack of planning. 

You have been given appropriate advice. 

The only visa it may effect is PE visa.

Even then unlikely.

Strange that you did not indicate the date of your flight out of Thailand. 

If couple of days most would just pay overstay fine upon flight out.

Strange thread. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

And I don't know who would have such lack of planning. 

You have been given appropriate advice. 

The only visa it may effect is PE visa.

Even then unlikely.

Strange that you did not indicate the date of your flight out of Thailand. 

If couple of days most would just pay overstay fine upon flight out.

Strange thread. 

Just a bunch of people talking about what the stamps called, I don't care, it's 7 days and thats all .... I want to know if my visa expired yesterday and I go for the 7 day extension will i get overstay or not, because if it was a 30 day extension I wouln't.

I don't know why its so hard to get a simple answer, instead theres 10 posts with people talking about the correct name for a stamp and how I should I do a border run which doesn't mean anything. Overstay within 6 monthes effects long term visas, nothing strange about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Bingo66 said:

.. I want to know if my visa expired yesterday and I go for the 7 day extension will i get overstay or not, because if it was a 30 day extension I wouln't

First up you don't have a visa.

Currently your have 30 day extension according to your OP.

Attending immigration tomorrow you should be fine.

It's already been explained to you.

You do not obtain a 7 day extension. No such thing.

You are given a leave Thailand within 7 day notice.

I asked earlier...when is your exit date. 

You post very negative replies to folk trying to help and clearly your knowledge of requirements very limited. 

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

First up you don't have a visa.

Currently your have 30 day extension according to your OP.

Attending immigration tomorrow you should be fine.

It's already been explained to you.

You do not obtain a 7 day extension. No such thing.

You are given a leave Thailand within 7 day notice.

I asked earlier...when is your exit date. 

You post very negative replies to folk trying to help and clearly your knowledge of requirements very limited. 

I do have a visa it's called visa excempt, everyone in the country has a visa ... Secondly I don't care if its a triangle, square, rectangle, non binary or whatever it is, I submit an extension form and get 7 days to leave, that to normal person is a 7 day extension. I don't have a flight date, I have been here 13 years, maybe another 13 years if you mean when I plan to do a visa? When the holiday traffic and flights calm down. All I wanted to know is would I get overstay or not going to immigration when it opens up after the holiday, not about my travel plans and yes overstay will effect my P.E visa application if I decide to do one so I wolud rather avoid it if possible. However, after my 30th birthday a couple years ago I stopped giving a <deleted> about immigration, thai visas requirements and the related nonsense in this country. Infact I have been on tourist visa for about 7 years in a row and was regularly getting away with it at immigration because well you know, they are a bunch of rude pencile pushers in a police uniform.

Thank you for answering the question.

• Love It 1

10 minutes ago, Bingo66 said:

Thank you for answering the question

Nonsense Rant which I have reported..

This forum is for serious questions and advice. 

Your first sentence .....

"I do have a visa it's called visa excempt, everyone in the country has a visa .." 

No sir they do no not have a visa. Most have a permission of stay.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bingo66 said:

Just a bunch of people talking about what the stamps called, I don't care, it's 7 days and thats all .... I want to know if my visa expired yesterday and I go for the 7 day extension will i get overstay...

No.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Bingo66 said:

It's a very serious question, overstay is pretty serious .... Did you think I was asking questions on here because I was lonely?

If it's so serious to yourself then be aware of your permission of stay date and exit prior to that.

Again you did not mention exit date. 

Strange. 

If it's one day you do not receive fine 

If it's a couple you are fined 500b per day .

One short overstay would not effect PE Visa and zero issue for non O 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Bingo66 said:

It's a very serious question, overstay is pretty serious .... Did you think I was asking questions on here because I was lonely?

Just be aware that you aren't entitled to this 7-day "extension" and that it isn't as routinely given as the regular 30-day extension. So be prepared for a potential refusal tomorrow, and have a plan B for traveling out on overstay just in case. All depends on your immigration office, and maybe your attitude.

You really should have taken action before Songkran. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Bingo66 said:

I don't have a flight date, 

Knowing someone who just recently got the emergency extension, it's highly likely you will not get it without an already booked flight out of Thailand within those days. As someone else said, it is not an automatic type of extension like the initial 30 day one is. Good luck.

Removed some more off-topic posts and the replies to them.

On 15 April (Saturday) the OP (Bingo66) wrote in his opening post that his visa [sic] was expiring the following day, 16 April, and asked if it was "possible to pay 1900b at immigration on Monday and get 7 days"

It is now Monday,  16:46 (4.46pm in Thailand) and it is safe to assume that by now the OP has been to immigration office and found out if he was able to get what he wanted and thus requires no further information from other members.

I am leaving this topic open for the time being to allow the Bingo66 the opportunity to let us now the outcome of his visit to immigration.

P.S. Immigration offices are closed today, Monday 17 April.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1292306-is-immigration-closed-today-nationwide/

Edited by Maestro
Added postscript

11 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Knowing someone who just recently got the emergency extension, it's highly likely you will not get it without an already booked flight out of Thailand within those days. As someone else said, it is not an automatic type of extension like the initial 30 day one is. Good luck.

You are correct that it is not an automatic extension. It is not an extension at all. It is an order to leave the country. The options Immigration has are issue the order to leave (normal if you are not already on overstay) arrest you or verbally tell you to leave by air immediately (with no evidence you ever visited their office). This last option is not just them being kind. Having you arrested involves them in a lot of work.

The questions about booked flights will usually be because they want to make completely sure you understand that being ordered out of Thailand (without being arrested and without deportation) is no joke. At that point, you must leave.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1