Phuket governor says go outside, smog is “natural phenomenon”

webfact

Temperature Inversion layers cold-warm-cold is a natural fact. Right.

Point is: Right now we do have a hot layer followed by a cooler one and a cold layer.

So the natural phenomenon is not an argument anymore.

And when the smog will move away then because all fields were burned:).

D032CF8E-5B65-4084-A54E-940CFF5945F0.jpeg

A62B2FF1-60DA-42C6-881D-4BD033FF96D7.jpeg

Edited by Tom H

“It is not a problem of PM 2.5 dust at all, but a natural phenomenon in the summer which is about to change into the rainy season."

PM 2.5 is not a problem for those that don't breathe often. Oh, and don't worry because in a few months it will all blow off somewhere else. Meanwhile it's perfectly fine to go outside and bike a few km or maybe run a marathon.

OK folks, there's nothing to see here - keep moving along...

4 hours ago, roger101 said:

An idiot, just like that politician years ago who said the smog over Chang Mai was caused by Korean BBQ s.

Oh... that ones golden... I’d never heard of that one.

It reminds of the excuse ‘Bangkok is sinking because of all the soapy massages draining all the water” 

????

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, wombat said:

I read it on a forum on the net...it must be true

He may well have read it on this forum. Plenty of posters here who dismiss the smoke and haze as harmless. Only they can't tell the governor to go back to his own country.

• Haha 1

I have been suffering from the air pollution for the past 2 months . I have not experianced such conditions in nine years of residing in Chiang Mai .

Over the nine years i have seen that Thai people have the same regard for quality of the air as they do with a red traffic light . Burning leaves , houshold rubbish and developers burning the trees rather than spend extra money and cut the wood and dispose of legally . That list is far from a natural phenomenon .

I read of the blame for the fires in the forests rests with the mushroom trade . If so surely something can be done to stop the trade . 

However one must concede that forest fires can start from lightning for example . Add the fact that here in the North has had very little rain this year and that can not be blamed on anyone . Last year it never stopped raining and the air was  good . 

The Phuket Governor is not totally wrong .

23 hours ago, Mises said:

I have been in Phuket 13 years and never seen it this hazy before, its been 3 days now and there is a breeze but it is not blowing whatever it is away.

Burning forests in Borneo +++ to grow ???? oil tress deforestation in  90s smoke smog was common in Thailand & other Asian countries ???? let alone , CCP building coal fire plants in China every 2 weeks???? + lndia Indonesia,  Vietnam all need electricity not b_ wind farms  or Solar panels etc,. Threy need  electricity we it is what it is , look dumb as_ Germany ran out fuel this winter lets blame Russia & Ukraine war mirrors  & smoke screens Germany started cutting down trees for timber to keep warm thats what you get shut your Nuclear power plants down & coal + Natural  gas etc,. For renewables  pipe dream .. Go Nuclear if you really want  clean safe fuel ! Those who believe climate  religion icon Greta a kid b_ & its ponzi scam WEF ???????? DAVOS Group cleanest safest fuel is Nuclear ! No carbon no plant life ! simple as that, let's cut all Amazon down completely ???? 

Edited by Mad mick
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2023 at 1:53 PM, Asquith Production said:

Maybe this guy should change his team of advisor's. Smog is hazardous for people with respiratory problems. That's why first world countries cleaned up there air years ago

Smog will make you develop respiratory problems at a minimum if you do not have respiratory problems yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2023 at 1:38 PM, Lacessit said:

No doubt said governor has a string of medical and environmental tertiary qualifications to enable this informed statement.

Perhaps he is under pressure from the tourist industry to assure visitors all is well. I can't see any other reason for making a dunce of himself publicly.

The reason, well someone waived to the smog a while ago so best to keep camaraderie intact????

Felt